I-league news

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29626 Points

Bunkerhill, Nimida top corporate bid for direct entry in I-League

The executive committee of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) will take a final call on the corporate entries that can be provided a direct entry into the I-League after all five bids were found to have the “requisite financial capabilities.”

According to sources, Bunkerhill Pvt Ltd (Ambala), Nimida United (Bengaluru) and Namdhari Sports Academy (Ludhiana) emerged as the top three bids, following evaluation by an independent financial expert.

YMS Finance, who have launched Inter Kashi, a Varanasi-based professional club in partnership with European giants Atletico de Madrid and Gerard Pique’s FC Andorra, have been ranked a close fourth, followed by Concatenate Advest Advisory Pvt Ltd that aims to start a club in Delhi.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

Depending on their talks with Mohammedan Sporting, where they are principal investors since 2020 and have now sought a majority stake, Bunkerhill will take a call on their bid for a direct entry.

"We have not yet signed the new contract with Mohammedan Spor ting as it is still in progress. We will wait for it (paperwork) to get over, before withdrawing our bid. It should be finalised in the next two days,” said one top official.

Should Bunkerhill withdraw their bid, Nimida United, owners of FC Bengaluru United, will move to the top of the list and will almost certainly play in this season’s I-League.

The Bengaluru club has a significant international partnership with seven-time Europa League winners Sevilla FC and have won the BDFA Super Division for the last two seasons.

The club, however, has told AIFF that the financial commitment is “unviable”, considering the corporate entry fee of Rs 5 crore, plus the participation fee of Rs 2.5 crore from years two to four. Instead, besides the corporate fee, FCBU has assured financial support of Rs 50 lakh to the federation towards promoting grassroots initiatives.

Headquartered at Bhaini Sahib village near Ludhiana, Namdhari have been synonymous with hockey since the seventies and are now keen to start a top-notch football team. The Namdhari Sports Academy has four football pitches, two of them full-sized, and have hired coaches from Bulgaria and Serbia.

The company has agreed to all provisions of the RFP document.

YMS Finance, on the other hand, launched Inter Kashi on Thursday, aiming to “revolutionise the manner in which football has been developed in not just Uttar Pradesh but also North India.”

Based in Varanasi, the club pointed out that Indian football does not have a single club from Uttar Pradesh which 
    represents the most populous state of India with approximately 25 crore Indians.”

The final bid is from Concatenate Advest, for and on behalf of BC Jindal group with GWC Asset Holding -- an entity promoted by one of the promoters of TVS group -- as the consortium partner.

The group aims to take significant steps to develop Delhi’s football culture and succeed where others have failed. “The group has informed AIFF that the current (financial) terms are a hindrance,” said a source who has tracked this development. “Instead of a participation fee, the group wants an equivalent amount be considered as compulsory investment into the club and football in Delhi.”

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/bunkerhill-nimida-top-corporate-bids-for-direct-entry-in-i-league/articleshow/101403465.cms?from=mdr
    giridharanindian_gooner
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    How many clubs will be inducted directly?
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3411 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    How many clubs will be inducted directly?
    i think it is 2.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Bunkerhill will withdraw its bid once MSC signs the final agreement of stake transfer. 
    Difficult for Kolkata legacy clubs to transfer stakes
    EastBengalPridegiridharan
    edited August 2023

With only two new corporate teams, AIFF likely to persist with home-away format for I-League

The AIFF had mooted three different formats, including the home and away, to I-League clubs in a meeting in Delhi on July 24.

No new format will be adopted by the All India Football Federation (AIFF) to conduct the 2023-24 I-League.

Anticipating greater number of matches and escalating costs with the entry of new corporate clubs, the federation had flirted with the idea of conducting Indian football’s second division in a new format.

The AIFF had mooted three different formats, including the home and away, to I-League clubs in a meeting in Delhi on July 24.

But with it becoming clear by Tuesday that only two of the five approved corporate bids have followed through with their financial obligations, the AIFF is likely to go ahead with the tried and tested format.

A final decision on it could be taken in an AIFF meeting on Thursday.

YMS Finance Pvt Ltd-backed Inter Kashi, Ludhiana’s Namdhari Sports Academy, Nimida United Sports Development Pvt Ltd who own FC Bengaluru United, Delhi’s Concatenate Advest Advisory Pvt Ltd and Gurugram’s Bunkerhill Pvt Ltd were given the go-ahead to compete directly from the forthcoming season.

But only Inter Kashi and Namdhari have submitted the stipulated license fees within the set timeline.

Bunkerhill had withdrawn their bid after renegotiating terms of their existing deal with Mohammedan Sporting Club while Bengaluru United and Concatenate Advest had submitted conditional bids, pointing out their unwillingness to pay up an entry fee of Rs 5 crore and an additonal Rs 2.5 crore as participation fee from the second to the fourth year.

Concatenate Advest had argued that they wanted to utilise the amount pegged as participation fee as investment into their club and football in Delhi, from where they were willing to float the club.

The bid values set were depended on the centre of the club’s operation. Tier I cities of Bengaluru and Delhi attracted a bid value of Rs 5 crore while Varanasi being a Tier II city, Inter Kashi were required to pay a start-up money of Rs 2.5 crore.

Based in Bhaini Sahib Village near Ludhiana, Punjab, Namdhari’s bid value was peeged at Rs 1 crore.

“Namdhari and Inter Kashi have fulfilled all obligations to be the two new teams,” an AIFF official told News9 Sports.

Twelve teams were in action for 132 matches in its 2022-23 edition. Punjab FC won and gained promotion to the top-flight Indian Super League (ISL), Shillong Lajong and Delhi took the place of the relegated teams – Kenkre Mumbai and Sudeva Delhi.

The AIFF had proposed a zonal system, conference style format, with the aim of reducing its operational costs.

“But with only 13 teams there is no point going for another format, so we have decided to stick with the home and away system for the next season,” the AIFF official added.

Majority of the I-League clubs had preferred the home and away format and its looks increasingly likely they will have their way.

https://www.news9live.com/sports/football/with-only-two-new-teams-aiff-likely-to-persist-with-home-away-format-for-i-league-2242381

• But with only 13 teams

another season odd number of teams. should add one more team to make it even in both ISL and I league.

Deb_Ban
    But with only 13 teams

another season odd number of teams. should add one more team to make it even in both ISL and I league.

I don't see why it is not doable. They can easily promote another IL2 club (but definitely not Arrows).

I-League clubs demand free match broadcast; clarity over participating teams from AIFF

Eleven I-League clubs collectively wrote to the All India Football Federation (AIFF) on Thursday demanding “free broadcast” of matches as well as seeking clarity over the total number of participating teams in its 2023-24 edition.

The clubs shot off the letter having individually raised concerns earlier over match broadcast and overall integrity of the league after a part of their last season’s subsidy were deducted by the federation on the pretext of rising production cost for games.

Last season, each I-League club were deducted a sum of Rs 17 lakh from their Rs 55 lakh subsidy that they receive. The AIFF cited rise in production and broadcasting costs of matches as reason for deduction.

Thus the clubs have sought a transparent and open tender process to maintain fairness over broadcasting rights while also demanding that match schedule to be released at least two months prior to allow seamless accommodation and travel plans.

“Our collective effort aims to provide the AIFF with a free broadcasting solution for I-League matches, ensuring that no financial burden falls upon the federation or the clubs,” the clubs wrote in the letter, which is in possession of News9 Sports.

“We firmly believe that charging for access to these matches not only appears unjust but could also be viewed as a hindrance to the growth of football in our country.”

The clubs also mooted an initiative backed by broadcasting company Sportscast, which they claimed “guarantees high-quality broadcasts” for Indian football fans.

“We strongly believe that charging the clubs for broadcasting rights when a superior quality broadcast is available for free is not only unfair but can also be deemed as criminal.

“It is our collective belief that charging for access to matches, when better alternatives exist, would be an unfortunate decision.

“We humbly request that an open tender process be conducted by the AIFF, rather than by any external party, to maintain transparency and fairness.”

Concerns have earlier been raised within the AIFF over exalted prices for 2022-23 I-League matches with reports stating that a sum of Rs 7,98,47,600 was paid for broadcast without any specifying any value on its tender.

While the cost of I-League match production and broadcasting was Rs 1,93,73,198 in 2021-22, it skyrocketed to Rs 13,27,55,050 in 2022-23.

Since the AIFF approved the entry of new corporate teams into the league apart from promotion and relegation and mulled a change in format from the upcoming edition, the existing clubs sought clarity over the shape of the league.

“We strongly urge the AIFF to release this information promptly, allowing us to better plan and prepare for the upcoming season,” they wrote in the letter.

Increase in number of registered players

Through the letter, the clubs also proposed to register 35 players per team, which they claimed would support the livelihood of 60 home-grown players’ families while enhancing the competitiveness of the league.

“Given the nature of the sport, injuries are inevitable; hence, we believe it is essential to prioritize the well-being of our players,” the letter read.

“We believe that our proposal aligns with the spirit of fairness, transparency, and the betterment of Indian football.”

Asked to comment on the demand of clubs, AIFF secretary general Shaji Prabhakaran said all contentitious issues will be addressed.

“We will finalise everything in our league committee meeting tomorrow and share it with the clubs,” AIFF secretary general Shaji Prabhakaran told News9 Sports.

“We have already met the clubs last month and spoken to them on these issues. After tomorrow’s meeting whatever decision is taken will be conveyed to them.”

https://www.news9live.com/sports/football/i-league-clubs-demand-free-match-broadcast-clarity-over-participating-teams-from-aiff-2245479

ashindiaindian_gooner