I-league news

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    Indian football expert, Novy Kapadia's views on future of Indian Clubs <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/2011/07/02/more-clubs-could-be-heading-mahindra-jcts-way/">http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/bl ... -jcts-way/</a><!-- m -->
    my opinion that each club sell its own tv rights to earn their money as i doubt aiff will distribute the money among the club they will get by selling the tv rights of ileague.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    I find this attitude of Armando a bit too funny. If he is against salary boom (for some players), why he is running after aging world cuppers? Surely he is preaching something which he is not practicing.
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    I find this attitude of Armando a bit too funny. If he is against salary boom (for some players), why he is running after aging world cuppers? Surely he is preaching something which he is not practicing.

Well, if the system is there, he has to utilise it even if he knows that its not good for Indian football. Dempo competes to win and we all know the secret of winning in I league is having quality foreigners
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points

A player like Ortega costs lesser than Odafe and beto and what is more clever from them is the kind of attention they will get with such signings,it is great way to market their club and increase attendance/merchandise sales.Its not only Dempo but the whole I-league will benefit from such sales
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

A player like Ortega costs lesser than Odafe and beto and what is more clever from them is the kind of attention they will get with such signings,it is great way to market their club and increase attendance/merchandise sales.Its not only Dempo but the whole I-league will benefit from such sales
    Righto!
    You have mentioned all the points. MB would be scratching their head. Coward people at the helm.
    Armando is against undeserving footballers earning 8-figure salary, coz this stretches the club budget. He is right. But he is not the sole arbiter to decide whether a player deserves that much money. It is an open market. If MB or Churchill are stupid enough to splurge on one player, so be it. Bottom line is Dempo has played smart and released the concerned players, and he should not complain. He has a bigger fish now. Smart move from Dempo, considering the amount of attention it will create. But will attention turn into more lucrative sponsorship deals? Nobody knows.

Now EB has got the cue and they have revealed that they are on the lookout for several world cuppers, including one from Argentina again. So the price war is on, and against his wishes Armando is a party to this. Earlier, it was 8 Indians plus 3 big bodied Africans, now it is going to be 8 Indians plus 3 ex-world-cuppers – and it will not come cheap. I can see the smirk in Samir Thapar’s face.

With NO income generation by the clubs (poor Ortega doesn’t know his new club does not sell a single shirt), no tele-coverage and no professionalism on part of AIFF, I foresee major financial turmoil in I-league in the near future.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    Aiff are trying to change their image
    Aiff are trying to change their image
    Let’s hope so. I must admit we are seeing some activities. But they are skirting/ going slow on the real issues like Club licensing, telecasting, professionalizing (the I-league will start on the 15th or 16th, in Kolkata or in Pune, IA players may/may not play in IA team this year: see, NOTHING is fixed as yet), I-league sponsor, etc. a lot of thase are to be worked on by IMG-R, but the ownership lies with AIFF only.

Personally, I will be satisfied with just the live telecasting, rest will follow.
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Novy Kapadia's latest article : Pune FC an example for Kolkata clubs
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/2011/07/09/pune-fc-an-example-for-kolkata-clubs/">http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/bl ... ata-clubs/</a><!-- m -->
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Steve Darby will b the next coach of MB