Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited December 2012

"There was no other option but to take harsh action against iconic soccer club Mohun Bagan to ensure that I-league remains a serious affair."

AIFF secretary general Kushal Das said.

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/football/had-to-preserve-the-integrity-of-i-league-aiff_754191.html

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > "There was no other option but to take harsh action against iconic soccer club Mohun Bagan to ensure that I-league remains a serious affair."
    >
    > AIFF secretary general Kushal Das said.
    >
    > http://zeenews.india.com/sports/football/had-to-preserve-the-integrity-of-i-league-aiff_754191.html

I agree
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

"Strong steps were needed. We had to send out a strong message that the I-League remains a solid product. We are answerable to our sponsors as well. We are moving towards professionalism and we cannot afford a step back," said Kushal Das.

• i sincerely hope jan 9 brings some respite to MB... but till then supporters should try hard to get rid of those moron officials

• The three dumb monkeys have successfully killed a century old club. Sponsor will pull their hand out of MB and with no star player or CHOMOK officials earning will reduce to nil.  With no monetary benefit for them in banned club, they will now resign leave the club citing as their moral responsibility and try to gather public support for future. 

But, during dark times I hope this happen, this will be atleast a good thing among all the wrongs of last few years. First, Prayers for reduced punishment on Jan 9. 
  • Enough has been posted and written. I have a few things to state :  Agreed that MB officials are nothing but jokers(its an understatement!), but a country with 1.3 billion pop and languishing at 166th position in FIFA ranking, I would be  keen to see how AIFF can promote football in India without MB. Its like playing La Liga without Barca. If AIFF can go by rule book, then they should also promote football in India by the rule book - the way its been promoted in developing football nations. The question is can they? The answer is NO. If you have these kind of people as football administrators, u would find these kind of ridiculous verdicts only. We, as a footballing nation do not have a professional set up which FIFA/AFC go by, so how can u have such a stringent rule w.r.t. suspension! Also, with this pathetic setup and infrastructure(we have seen the grounds in which Fed Cup was played this year - even we played at a better ground during our school days!) , and sans MB, would be keen to see how IMG and AIFF can promote football in India - especially in this part of the country. No mktg. guru can market football in Eastern India/pan India without MB. We have seen how AIFF have failed miserably to get a suitable sponsor sustainably over the last few years and also unable to sell TV rights - literally running from pillar to post to get a sponsor! Its like ICC banning BCCI and trying to promote cricket - the difference is ICC understands cricketing business, while AIFF cannot! 

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@Soccerlover yes i agree that without mb aiff will have dificulty promoting indian football,does that mean that mb can do what ever they want. so what the need for rules then. we chould caryed on with the old NFL insted of I-league.

sometimes u have to lose a battel to win the war.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited December 2012

@Soccerlover
    exactly the attitude which the officials had when they decided to stop the game....boss now AIFF has taken the step which no one thought can be taken...wake up...stop thinking about what is marketable and not

• > rudra said:
    > @Soccerlover
    exactly the attitude which the officials had when they decided to stop the game....boss now AIFF has taken the step which no one thought can be taken...wake up...stop thinking about what is marketable and not

Buddy....my eyes are wide open! I dont dispute the punishment, am only disputing the nature of it. Indian football is at a crucial juncture - and the call has to be a matured and a long lasting one - which is a win-win situation both for AIFF/football. In this case, may be AIFF won the battle against MB - they have been at loggerheads with MB for a long time now - but the bigger question  here is  - HAS FOOTBALL IN INDIA WON IN THIS BATTLE ? The answer is NO.