Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Soccerlover said:

Buddy....my eyes are wide open! I dont dispute the punishment, am only disputing the nature of it. Indian football is at a crucial juncture - and the call has to be a matured and a long lasting one - which is a win-win situation both for AIFF/football. In this case, may be AIFF won the battle against MB - they have been at loggerheads with MB for a long time now - but the bigger question  here is  - HAS FOOTBALL IN INDIA WON IN THIS BATTLE ? The answer is NO. 

Thats why i said sometimes u have to lose a battel to win the war. Indian football probably lost this battle but actualy won the big war. After this indian football will get a new mb,better ,stronger and probably better maneged.

• > Joyptan said:
    > > Soccerlover said:
    >
    > Buddy....my eyes are wide open! I dont dispute the punishment, am only disputing the nature of it. Indian football is at a crucial juncture - and the call has to be a matured and a long lasting one - which is a win-win situation both for AIFF/football. In this case, may be AIFF won the battle against MB - they have been at loggerheads with MB for a long time now - but the bigger question  here is  - HAS FOOTBALL IN INDIA WON IN THIS BATTLE ? The answer is NO. 

>
    >

> Thats why i said sometimes u have to lose a battel to win the war. Indian football probably lost this battle but actualy won the big war. After this indian football will get a new mb,better ,stronger and probably better maneged.

Sure, MB would be better managed in times to come. Thats when the wheel will turn a full circle. But will AIFF change for good? Will it be better managed? Will it have better/qualified referees to manage a big derby like MB_ EB with more than 1 lac spectator and not have all these fucking jokers ofifciating a high voltage match? MB can be banned for 2.5 years, what abt the referee who killed the match on that day? Will he banned for lifetime? Again the answer is NO. 

If u go by the rule the ref did nothing wrong. About aiff even i have the same question who will ban them? But aiff in recent times showing signs of improvment.

• > Joyptan said:
    > If u go by the rule the ref did nothing wrong. About aiff even i have the same question who will ban them? But aiff in recent times showing signs of improvment.

With improving signs, we are languishing behind Nepal and Bangladesh! Am sure, you would agree thats not iimprovement! 
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

> rudra said:
    > @Soccerlover
    exactly the attitude which the officials had when they decided to stop the game....boss now AIFF has taken the step which no one thought can be taken...wake up...stop thinking about what is marketable and not

Exactly what I was thinking while reading @soccerlover 's comment. This is the attitude that brought them down. Alas some ppl dont learn it even the harder way
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

So the referee should go by the crowd swayings rather than the rule book!! Another reason why MB has been brought down crashing...

Soccerlover
    > Joyptan said:

> If u go by the rule the ref did nothing wrong. About aiff even i have the same question who will ban them? But aiff in recent times showing signs of improvment.

With improving signs, we are languishing behind Nepal and Bangladesh! Am sure, you would agree thats not iimprovement! 

Do u realy belive indian football standerd is worse than nepal & bangladesh or u just want to blindly belive fifa rankings. Fifa rankings does not allways show the actual football standerd of a perticuler nation.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

guys stop it...as i mention again and again, everything doesn't have to translate into improvment of national team...this decision will not improve or make the NT any worse... Indian football doesn't only mean NT, right?

well ref blaming by anjan mitra.

Attacking the referee of the Dec 9 game - Vishnu Chauhan - Mitra saidthe AIFF should have taken strong action against him for making a mess of his work.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/i-league/Mohun-Bagan-hopes-AIFF-will-rethink-ban-blames-referee/articleshow/17812356.cms

• TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN - MY PERSONAL PETITION TO THE AIFF
    Myself, a passionate and dedicated football fan of Mohun Bagan club, sincerely apologize to the AIFF for our officials refusing to continue with the derby last December 9th , 2012 and henceforth, appeal that the ban be revoked and Mohun Bagan allowed to play in the I league. The quantum of punishments be reflected in form of a life time ban on the general secretary, finance secretary and entire football division managers of the club from being associated with any Indian football related activities, heavy fines slapped on them to be paid out of their personal funds, so on and so forth without inflicting any penalties detrimental to the heritage institution that is Bagan and causing immense grief to millions of fans associated with the club.

Agreed that the officials did the unthinkable in gross violation of Article 22c of the AIFF constitution and against the spirit of the game, while we truly appreciate your commitments to inculcate a greater degree of professionalism in the way the sport is run in the country, it would be very kind of you if you can also show some sympathy to the cause of millions of Bagan fans for whom, life just would not be the same without being able to see Bagan on the pitch

Thanks and kind  regards,