Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> projenator said:
    > Mehrajuddin, doing very well in practice and practice games, within his limited abilities, off course. Nice to see him so serious. If he can continue that good work in competitive games, that would be a deal for MB.

Bijendra Rai and Lalrinfela will be in first team for sure, either starting or as substitutes, not sure of Sabeeth, though. Manish Bhargav is doing well too. Snehasish Chakraborty is a doubtful starter given the way he has fared in practice games.

Eche doing great as well as Aibor.

great to hear that players like bijendra and fela could be pushing forward for a start...and for sabeeth i am not surprised
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited August 2012

> sujoy1976 said:
    > do you have any updates on tolgay, airlines gold cup etc.?

Although I am fully updated about almost everything about Calcutta football, I choose not to post on areas which are somewhat gray or controversial.  I strongly believe 90% of folks here have zero understanding of the realities of Indian football, more so Calcutta football and anything unusual internationally will invite snide hostile comments from folks here. Calcutta football ways are different from what it is internationally but again, the players who are not from Calcutta are equally unprofessional and equally to blame for the mess.

For e.g the Tolgay issue is way too controversial and COMPLEX for most folks here to understand leading to quick conclusions and a blame game without taking a holistic view.  Every party involved in the Tolgay issue is at fault including Tolgay himself, some more , some a bit less. IFA, AIFF, East Bengal officials. Mohun Bagan officials and Tolgay himself all are at fault. Only FIFA or the Judicial system can break the deadlock if every party sticks to their guns like they have been doing till date.

If you want to be updated, add me on your gtalk and I will be more than happy to discuss.

As of Airlines Gold cup, MB will play the semifinal and the final of Airlines gold cup, not sure when ? most prolly after the Tolgay impasse gets resolved, not sure when, hopefully by the end of this month, which is when the foreign player transfer window ends.

• > projenator said:
    > > sujoy1976 said:
    > > do you have any updates on tolgay, airlines gold cup etc.?

Although I am fully updated about almost everything about Calcutta football, I choose not to post on areas which are somewhat gray or controversial.  I strongly believe 90% of folks here have zero understanding of the realities of Indian football, more so Calcutta football and anything unusual internationally will invite snide hostile comments from folks here. Calcutta football ways are different from what it is internationally but again, the players who are not from Calcutta are equally unprofessional and equally to blame for the mess.

>
    >

That alone.
    edited August 2012

Odafa and Tolgay busy with shooting practice after official practice hours ( a norm among Indian players of 70s and 80s ),   Unfortunately current generation of Indian players rarely (shall I say never ? ) practice on their own, during the couple months off season put on hell lot of weight( Anwar Ali and Rakesh Masih last season) leading to fitness issues through out the season, add to that the lack of controlled diet throughout the season and you are a fitness nightmare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chl7qZ5hvNk

It's unfortunate Sabeeth never joins in with them inspite of faring so poorly at practice games.

• I strongly believe 90% of folks here have zero understanding of the realities of Indian football, more so Calcutta football and anything unusual internationally will invite snide hostile comments from folks here

can you clarify this statement?

• Tolgay is not even an MB player yet and he is already better than Sabeeth :p

edited August 2012

> sujoy1976 said:
    > I strongly believe 90% of folks here have zero understanding of the realities of Indian football, more so Calcutta football and anything unusual internationally will invite snide hostile comments from folks here

can you clarify this statement?

I wouldn't have to had you been regularly following all posts throughout the forum, but I don't mind doing this in personal conversation at all. I'd rather stay away from needless controversy mongers on this forum. There are lot of gray areas in Indian football, which would make a book if have to be explained in writing etc.

• Proj Ghosh Utter nonsense, Raju Gaekwad had possibly the worst day in office especially the period it started drizzling until when the referee called off play. He recovered his composure quite a bit in the second half but his inexperience was partially responsible for the goal. Gourmangi lacked the leadership getting folks to guard their man. Nirmal was ok on the defensive bit but extremely wasteful playing long balls aimlessly.
    Wednesday at 11:30pm · Like · 1
    I had pointed out Nirmal Chetri's aimless long balls ending up with opponent defenders, hence unforced mispasses right after the India Syria game,  MB coach Santosh Kashyap also pointed this out to the media yesterday saying that he expects much better from Nirmal than those aimless long balls played no where. His comments are towards the end of the following video

• Tolgay Ozbey has been released by his former club. Once official paperwork is completed, nothing can prevent him from playing for Mohun Bagan. 

• > projenator said:
    > Tolgay Ozbey has been released by his former club. Once official paperwork is completed, nothing can prevent him from playing for Mohun Bagan. 

Thanks for the update.