Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Terp13 said:
    > > Mohun Bagan may have Asia's best left back (as far as performances in August go)

>
    >

Best part is that (from what I hear) is that he is not a natural left back.

He started his life as a striker, is equally good on either flank both as wing back and wing half.  Last year Mohun Bagan coach Subrata Bhattacharya had him play CDM  a couple games including a derby ( high pressure game ) and he passed with flying colors.

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited September 2012

Finally, Tolgay signs for Mohun Bagan at the IFA office.
  • Squad for 2012-13 with jersey numbers.
    GOALKEEPER

01. Arindam Bhattacharya
    22. Shilton Paul

31. Milton Bhowmik
    32. Naveen Kumar

DEFENDERS 

02. Aibor Khongjee
    03. Nirmal Chhetri
    04. Echezona Anyichie
    05. Khelemba Meetei
    06. Sourav Chakraborty
    15. Lalrozama Fanai
    16. Biswajit Saha
    20. Rakesh Masih
    26. Meherajuddin Wadoo
    28. Warundeep Singh
    33. Mohon Sarkar
    35. Deepak Kumar Somenath
    37. Rajib Ghosh

MIDFIELDERS

07. Denson Devdas
    08. Stanley Okoroigwe
    12. Bijendra Rai
    17. L Lalrinfela
    18. Arjun Chatterjee
    19. Syed Rahim Nabi
    21. Nirapodo Mondol
    23. Jewel Raja
    24. Manish Maithani
    25. Snehasish Chakraborty
    34. Manish Bhargav

FORWARDS 

09. Odafa Okolie 
    10. Tolgay Ozbey 
    11. Dipendu Biswas 
    14. CS Sabeeth 
    29. Anil Kumar
    edited September 2012

Mohun Bagan kicks off their competitive season tomorrow with Airlines Gold Cup Semis against George Telegraph 3:05 pm at YBK.

Those who returned from the Indian national team also signed on the dotted line along with Tolgay. Mariners look all set. 

Santosh Kashyap has talked about playing in the diamond formation (3-5-2) which veteran coach Amal Dutta had initiated in the late 90s.  Indian players given their lack of stamina find it difficult to adjust to this system.  We will find out by tomorrow around this time.

edited September 2012

Mohun Bagan beat George Telegraph 3-0 to enter the finals of Airlines Gold Cup.  Jewel Raja opened the scoring for the Mariners in the 62nd minute followed by Tolgay's double strike in the 72nd and 77th minute. Odafa played in the second half, a couple of his shots hit the woodwork while Tolgay was denied once by the woodwork.  Eche and Mehraj had a good game in the central defence.

MMB Starting XI: Shilton Paul, Rajib Ghosh, Meherajuddin Wadoo, Anyichie Echezon (warundeep singh 90'), Biswajit Saha( Lalrinfela ), Manish Bhargav, Jewel Raja, Denson Devdas, Lalrozama Fanai, Stanley Okoroigwe( Odafa Okolie 45 ), Tolgay Ozbey

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

@projenator - I heard that they are not experimenting and played a 4-4-2

CB - Wadoo, Eche
    Side backs - Biswajit, Rajib
    Wingers - lalzorama, Manish
    CM - Jewel, Denson
    ST - tolgay, stanley (odafa)

Strange to see lalzorama given a chance in midfield
  • yep, played 4-4-2

fanai was played left half until biswajeet got replaced. Biswajeet had as many as five unforced mispasses. Denson was CDM, Jewel CAM.

Aniyeche and Mehraj looked good, especially aniyeche, after the nightmares we had all last season with anwar ali.

• No Sabeeth... I wonder why

• > projenator said:
    > yep, played 4-4-2

fanai was played left half until biswajeet got replaced. Biswajeet had as many as five unforced mispasses. Denson was CDM, Jewel CAM.

Aniyeche and Mehraj looked good, especially aniyeche, after the nightmares we had all last season with anwar ali.

@ projenator : Today being MB's first official match of the season, can u pls. let us now how the new signings fared? epecially the defense and stanley? stanley, as I understand is supposed to perform the role of a play maker/withdrawal forward - so how was he? how did Denson Devdas perform? whats ur take on whether he can carry the mantle in the midfield in the gruelling I League?

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Soccerlover said:
    > > projenator said:
    > > yep, played 4-4-2

>
    >  @ projenator : Today being MB's first official match of the season, can u pls. let us now how the new signings fared? epecially the defense and stanley? stanley, as I understand is supposed to perform the role of a play maker/withdrawal forward - so how was he? how did Denson Devdas perform? whats ur take on whether he can carry the mantle in the midfield in the gruelling I League?

I only heard negative things about Stanley. After HT he was replaced by Odafa, and MB played much better