Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• > rudra said:
    > > Soccerlover said:
    > > > projenator said:
    > > > yep, played 4-4-2

fanai was played left half until biswajeet got replaced. Biswajeet had as many as five unforced mispasses. Denson was CDM, Jewel CAM.

Aniyeche and Mehraj looked good, especially aniyeche, after the nightmares we had all last season with anwar ali.

> >
    > >  @ projenator : Today being MB's first official match of the season, can u pls. let us now how the new signings fared? epecially the defense and stanley? stanley, as I understand is supposed to perform the role of a play maker/withdrawal forward - so how was he? how did Denson Devdas perform? whats ur take on whether he can carry the mantle in the midfield in the gruelling I League?
    >

I only heard negative things about Stanley. After HT he was replaced by Odafa, and MB played much better

I heard Stanley was recruited at the behest of Odafa. If that be the case, we have problems galore, going forward especially with Odafa being so temperamental. These players always have this tendency to have countrymen in the team. 
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

If tolgay, Eche and Odafa remain fit, then we dont have to use stanley too much in i league games. So hope for supreme fitness of these 3 players

• > rudra said:
    > If tolgay, Eche and Odafa remain fit, then we dont have to use stanley too much in i league games. So hope for supreme fitness of these 3 players

But we need someone who wud maneuver the midfiled....who is innovative in the midfield and create goal bound movement - exactly what Penn Orji or Beto does. This is one area, apart from the defense which was extremely vulnerable for MB last year. Infact after Marcos Perira had left, there hasn't been any replacement in this position. Denson Devdas is the person who can fill up the role, but the question is can he shoulder that responsibility? Odafa, can manage to get all on his own in few games, but would find it extremely difficult against quality opposition. 
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited September 2012

> rudra said:
    > > Soccerlover said:
    > > > projenator said:
    > > > yep, played 4-4-2

fanai was played left half until biswajeet got replaced. Biswajeet had as many as five unforced mispasses. Denson was CDM, Jewel CAM.

Aniyeche and Mehraj looked good, especially aniyeche, after the nightmares we had all last season with anwar ali.

> >
    > >  @ projenator : Today being MB's first official match of the season, can u pls. let us now how the new signings fared? epecially the defense and stanley? stanley, as I understand is supposed to perform the role of a play maker/withdrawal forward - so how was he? how did Denson Devdas perform? whats ur take on whether he can carry the mantle in the midfield in the gruelling I League?
    >
    >

I only heard negative things about Stanley. After HT he was replaced by Odafa, and MB played much better

Check the stats profile posted in MB closed group, that should give you an idea.  Stanley needs to be given more time, IMHO. YOu should not expect him to do stuff Odafa does, which is where the main problem lies. I know the squawk on the street here but folks in Calcutta are comparing him vis-a-vis Odafa,  He was not that bad, just trust me but yes, he DOES NOT have the presence of Odafa, sending shivers down the spine of central defenders. Give stanley at least 6 months, all through the practice games, I am tired of hearing that shit "Stanley cholbe na, Stanley cholbe na ". If Lenny can improve so much in three games, I bet Stanley also will.  His main confusion seems to be his position. If he plays striker, the MB fans expect him to be on fire just like Odafa. Odafa no sooner he came on had 4 attempts at the goal, now how many strikers in India can do this ?  Even Tolgay did not have that many attempts at the goal when he was playing with Stanley upfront.  The need of the hour is to allow Stanley and Tolgay strike up a combination and then results will be there for all to see.

Lalrinfela was good the 20 minutes he played. Biswajeet saha was not bad but mispassed way too often. Tolgay was very composed, his usual self and most importantly, there were excellent vibes between him and Odafa, selfless passing etc.  Aniyeche was very impressive. Mehraj too. Rajib Ghosh played RWB, was caught out of position a couple times. Denson also mispassed a couple times but was very impressive with his snatching.  Jewel as usual shot a few way wide off the mark but was impressive with his trademark incisive runs down the centre. Fanai was ok but i would prefer Fela instead of Fanai, Fela brought on more thrust down the left. With Fanai and Biswajeet, it was running down the left flank and whipping in those aimless inaccurate crosses, sometimes even bang into the body of the first covering defender.

Manish Bhargav was pretty good too, whipped in a couple accurate long crosses, one of which would have resulted in a goal had both Odafa's and Tolgay's shot not hit the woodwork.

Odafa looked a bit sluggish, will need at least a few more games to get in prime form. The formation was typical 4-4-2, nothing very fancy, kept things simple which players adjusted well. Any other specific questions, feel free to shoot.

• > Soccerlover said:
    > > rudra said:
    > > If tolgay, Eche and Odafa remain fit, then we dont have to use stanley too much in i league games. So hope for supreme fitness of these 3 players
    >
    >

But we need someone who wud maneuver the midfiled....who is innovative in the midfield and create goal bound movement - exactly what Penn Orji or Beto does. This is one area, apart from the defense which was extremely vulnerable for MB last year. Infact after Marcos Perira had left, there hasn't been any replacement in this position. Denson Devdas is the person who can fill up the role, but the question is can he shoulder that responsibility? Odafa, can manage to get all on his own in few games, but would find it extremely difficult against quality opposition.

Jewel was entrusted with that job for today's game. Add to this team Rahim Nabi in left half and together with Jewel will work wonders in the midfield. Tolgay and Manish Bhargav can take care of the right flank, along with whoever RWB is played, Nirmal, Rajib or Aibor Khongjee.  The team looks solid, only that they have to reduce their mispassing which I bet will happen as they play more competitive games.

• @rudra

Aniyeche looked good and most importantly confident, he would tackle and pass balls to his team mates, without sending those useless long balls. He even did a professional foul on one of the Nigerians, something which I have seen Opara do regularly and get away with nothing.

•  Player by player Analysis by a Mohun Bagan fan Subir Das in Bengali. I copy and paste from the MOhun Bagan facebook group

Aaj khela dekhe aamar jaa mone holo..-:

Shilton-: Thikthak khello.. bere pakami swavab-ta ekhono jay ni.. But now he is most talented goalkeeper in India.

Rajib Ghosh-: Aahamori kichu laglo naa.. Hoyto prothom match bol ektu chap-a chilo.

. But ai cheleta left & right back-a khelte paare, tai expectation onek rajib-ar theke.

Echee-: Ami prothom din thekei bolchi, Echee holo okparar baap.. Aaj o ek kotha bolchi..

Mehraj-: Ek kothay darun... Ai player-ta k jokhon newa hoyechilo, sobai khub hasahasi korechilo.. But ki darun khelatai naa khelche.

Biswajit-: Sobthke kharap khelata aaj mone hoy oi khello.. Mone hoy future-a team-ar sathe maniye nebe.

Manish V-: Cheleta ai season-a hero hoye uthbe.. Ektu beshi paye ball rekhe khele.. Otherwise darun football khello.

Denson-: Thikthak... bolar moto serokom kichu noy.. Defensive blocker-ar kaaj-ta aaj thikthak korte parchilo na.

Jewel-: Airokom hard working player India-te r ektao aache kina khuje dekhte hobe.. Darun darun.

Stanley-: Jetuku khello thikthak khello but nazar kaarte bartho.

Fanai-: Nijer position-a naa khelar jonyo, aaj sevabe chokhe porlo na.

Tolgay-: Mohunbagan jersey-te prothom match-ai Nayok hoye uthlo.. er theke bhalo suru r ki hote parto.. YBK jure sudhu Tolgay Tolgay chitkar.

Odafa-: Last season jekhane sesh korechilo, aaj thik sekhan thekei suru korlo.. Bad Luck kono goal pelo na.

Lalrinfela-: Olpo kichu khoner jonyo mathe nemei darun nazar kaarlo.

Santosh Kashyap-: Darun strat korlo.. Change-gulo thikthak chilo.. But ekta jinis sudhu bujhlam naa.. Fanai k keno left half khelano holo.. O to oi position-ar player noy.. Anyways, Mohunbagan prothom match jitlo... Tai sobai bolo Joy Mohunbagan....:) :)

• > projenator said:
    > @rudra

Aniyeche looked good and most importantly confident, he would tackle and pass balls to his team mates, without sending those useless long balls. He even did a professional foul on one of the Nigerians, something which I have seen Opara do regularly and get away with nothing. 

Thanks for providing the update mate. I have fe more queries and wud like to know ur perspective:
    1. Who do u think wud partner Eche in Central defense - dont think Mehraj is suited for that position - he is more suited for the role of a sweeper/snatcher in the midfield. If its Nirmal  - how god is he as a stopper? He is more of a wing back, as I see.

2. Jewel is more an attacking midfielder. Who do we have in the midfield who can regulate the speed of the game/ create moves upward/feed the strikers(apart from crosses whipped from the wings  - where we have ample players)

3. Compare MB midfield with EB -I think EB have the best midfield in the country  - hence way ahead here from rest of the lot.

4. The left side is formidable(atleast on paper)  with Biswajit Saha Nabi and Tolgay ( Tolgay and Nabi can switch flanks also), but what about the right flank? Too inexperienced - with Manish Bhargav being tested last year!  Cause of concern here ?

5. EB has been playing a lot of kick n run play since last year( the players being supremely fit, in Indian context), while MB has this Jurassic age style of just clearing it out of their own ward for 10 people to chase the ball and create new moves - its weird. Till last year this is how they played. Going by the first match today, is there any indication of the changes in this obsolete style? Also whats the fitness level of the players?

Sorry mate ..... many queries to bother u!

• I agree with Proj... Stanley has always been a beast at the 2nd Division and all of a sudden he is playing for arguably the biggest club in India. He wont do what Tolgay or Odafe can do but he will be a great player to start in Calcutta Football League and to sub in I-League matches.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Mohun Bagan banned from I-league core committee due to misbehaviour with the AIFF representatives in the last meeting