Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

> Soccerlover said:
    > I dont thnik he would take up this job....not because of the current state of affair in MB, but b'coz after he came to India he has been handling a sort of junior team. These guys come with lot of preparation/homework and he wouldn't be fool enough to coach a club which doesn't have a balanced team(and hence he cannot produce the desired result) and thereby spoil his reputation which he has earned in his short stay in India. I can only see Bhattarcharya making yet another comeback...

He will take up the job. He is getting good money and that is the 'big news' he is talking about
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Bablu da is probably the best person for mb at the moment. He can control the egos of odafa & tolgey, and he can let the players know what it takes to play for mb & ware the maroon & green jersey. And how much pride is being lost for every lost game to minos.

• > Joyptan said:
    > Bablu da is probably the best person for mb at the moment. He can control the egos of odafa & tolgey, and he can let the players know what it takes to play for mb & ware the maroon & green jersey. And how much pride is being lost for every lost game to minos.

The problem with Bhattacharya is he blasts people (even senior players)in public during practise session....Now most of these seniors have played under Bob and Bob's man management skill was excellent. Normally coaches from abroad have better man management skills and thats going against Bhattacharya - apart from obviously the officials who feel insecured/jittery when Bhattacharya is at the helm. He is extremely passionate about the club and even after being abused by a small timer of the club/heckled by some of the MB supporters few years back, he has always been the MAN to bail out MB during difficult times. Nobody feels the pain more than him when the club does badly and as you rightly say - he in the person who knows the importance and culture of the club...
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited October 2012

Here's proof, a statement from a FOREIGN PLAYER on Kashyap.  I don't want to share practice diaries since there is no video proof of it, the problem with Calcutta football is the close scrutiny coaches and players have to undergo which is unimaginable in other parts of India.

It's nice to see that foreigners like TJM and Tolgay come out time and again with the truth. It's not all Calcutta football's fault.

Strange but true, according to Mohun Bagan's Asian goal-machine Tolgay
    Ozbey, former Bagan coach Santosh Kashyap didn't expend a single word of
    discussion on the eve of the crunch battle against Prayag USC against
    whom they were handed a rather mortificating defeat in the end. In the
    match, Tolgay was highly criticized as he seemed to be a mere spectator
    and hardly made any contribution on the attack. Tolgay was caught by
    XtraTime on the last day and he revealed his grief against Kashyap
    without thinking twice.

Tolgay stated,"I'm happy that Odafa
    opened his account against Prayag to break the dead-lock, hope I'll be
    in that groove as well."

He said,"I clearly understand the mental
    condition of the supporters. But I would like to say that we need their
    support in our bad time. Keep patience, we'll come back strongly."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiVYcV21VLs

There's more to it than just this but I don't want to reveal without solid evidence, given the level of ignorance about Calcutta football in this forum

• > projenator said:
    > Here's proof, a statement from a FOREIGN PLAYER on Kashyap.  I don't want to share practice diaries since there is no video proof of it, the problem with Calcutta football is the close scrutiny coaches and players have to undergo which is unimaginable in other parts of India.

It's nice to see that foreigners like TJM and Tolgay come out time and again with the truth. It's not all Calcutta football's fault.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiVYcV21VLs

@projenator : whats the update on the the coach fiasco?
  • Can someone punch Arthur Papas in the face. He does not need to coach Bagan and Bagan dont need him to coach. I dont like Subrata as a coach but at least he is used to it and can get the result for Bagan, Papas wont.

Papas already has a good deal here. So what if the AIFF told him to take down his comment, in England of any other country he would have gotten the same reception by the respective FA. The English FA for example would tell Papas to not have a facebook from the beginning. And so what if the AIFF did not have transport for you. First that is Pailan Group's fault as they are the company in charge of affairs at the team but Papas has been living in Kolkata for how long? I can be in England for 1 day and I can easily get around by myself (probably would get killed however) so how can Papas not find his way. Lukas Podolski (Arsenal forward) took public transport to the West Ham game. If he can do it, so can you.

As for what he already has again, a great team, a team willing to listen to him and respect him. They are young and eager. He is also a young coach. He also has control over the team as well and the team is already 2-0-0 so why leave them now.

I am calling it now, if he leaves... money. Then when he fails, he can fuck off back to Australia.
  • The funny thing is that if it was not for Raymond rejecting the India U23 and Pailan job Papas would still be a Regional AIFF Academy coach.

• > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > The funny thing is that if it was not for Raymond rejecting the India U23 and Pailan job Papas would still be a Regional AIFF Academy coach.

let him come out with the 'announcement' and then bash him......  dont get too emotional here...it is his life, his decisions (even if wrong), he has every right to take them..... though it will be very unprofessional of him.... the arrows have grown in confidence and matured already, they have the winning and fighting mentality and i hope they will sustain the momentum

• archakarchak 2082 Points

One of the last major assignments from my
    Masters in Sports Coaching finally finished, years
    of hard work almost completed and only have to
    add the final few touches to a journey that
    began nearly three years ago!!
    Thanks to all who have supported me
    throughout this period of my life!!

bigannouncement of papas