Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
     The owners should take a leaf out of Kejriwal's strategies promising free tickets,coupons,one on one meeting with Carlos,holiday package,etc and also make a grand announcement that if it wins ISL, will directly qualify for FIFA club world cup :D...since it worked for AAP why shouldn't for DD :P
    Manju
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    Durand Cup was very popular among the expatriate Bengali communities of Delhi (and there was a sizable number of them). This was primarily because Durand was their only chance -- barring the DCM Trophy -- to see their heroes in flesh. Mohammedan SC also had huge fan following there. The location of Ambedkar helped the Bong communities of North Delhi and MSC fans of Old Delhi to reach there. I myself had watched matches when I was a student.

I can vouch that Delhi crowd was not solely from the military, at least till the nineties.

munna219777reddevil87
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    @Deb_ban, exactly what I was saying, however for the past few years what @Ashlesh says would be quite true.
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Delhi is a football city but not Indian football city. People are huge football fans. But, only for European Football their appetite exists. 

Example: One of my friends is a die hard Arsenal supporter( So does he say). but, up until ISL he didn't know who Robert Pires was. Suddenly, one day he becomes Pires' fan after youtube. :P 
    reddevil87
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    @deepak

Unlike the Jats, Punjabis which constitute the majority demographic football was always popular among the residents of mughlai Delhi (Muslim community) and to an extend in the defense community...That explains why there is a significant support for MMMC...If a club is serious to establish itself , it should first identify their primary fan base or how or whom to target.

There is no point in investing crores of rupees if clubs are barking up the wrong tree.

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    @ashlesh where's the passion of fc goa fans u talk about? :P just saw some kids gathered by the officials to receive Zico

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    @Nikhilbengaluru you are spot on mate. Delhi would have attracted far more crowds if the matches were held at Ambedkar and with a name like Mughals FC.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    The number should have been higher especially after hyping up so much on social media.

While pune city gives you yet another reason to dislike them

Ashleshreddevil87samiam
  • clayton SFCclayton SFC 675 Points
    @archak there was crowd stranded at the airport for the arrival of zico from 4pm onwards thought flight was scheduled to arrive at 6:20pm. Fc Goa fan club members as well as number of kids made their presence felt by chanting and jeering zico's name once he was out of the terminal as you can confirm from the reports he said he was happy and excited to be in Goa. His smile and his reaction clearly states his immense happiness to visit the State again.
    This isn't the end of story..you guys can check the official accounts of @FcGoaFanClub as well as @FcGoaOfficial his schedule is well packed for a week..as I said earlier in this forum that he will be visiting various schools and places.. and yea that's what he did after leaving from his hotel @9:30am he visited Loyola's high school and Don boscos high school. Both the schools are located in city's and the boys gave loud standing and Roaring ovation upon the arrival of the legend in the school campus.
    @ Ashlesh these are the afternoon developments upon the visit of zico as scheduled
    archak
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    WHY?    :-??    People from North India should come and support Delhi Dynamos otherwise they will have to close the club for good. They should understand Cricket is not the only sport which is played all over the world. I think this will be a win-win situation for anti-ISL lobby to shame ISL in the coming future.

@Ashlesh My Question: You should asked that employee why do people hate football in Northern parts of India? Did JCT close because of lack of football interest?