Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @nikhil @deepakc Delhi has a huge Bengali community at Chittranjan Park area in Delhi who traditionally used to come to stadium to support MB, EB teams. Likewise Kerala community used to support kerala teams like FC Kochi, Kerala santosh trophy team at Ambedkar Stadium. Md. Sporting had traditional Muslim community fanbase from Delhi Gate area just adjacent to Ambedkar Stadium. Over the years, demographics of Delhi has changed. There is a huge Uttarakhand population as well as North east people in Delhi now. Even tibetan refugees, Jharkhand people. If there are clubs with support base of such demographics, Delhi can come up in Football.
    Deb_Bannikhilreddevil87
  • clayton SFCclayton SFC 675 Points
    ^^Concept is same in all other states as well not just capital city.
    Consider Mumbai. I can tell u guys that at least more than 50% crowd coming to watch matches at cooperage and isl were goans but settled in mumbai. I witnessed it several times at cooperage and last season @Domnic and @goalkeeper were there for Isl match in Mumbai and they too had witnesses a good section of crowd waving and supporting Fc goa.
    munna219777goalkeepar
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    So does that mean local Mumbaikars are not much interested in Indian football? That is so sad.
  • RonnyRonny 10508 Points
    being a Delhi guy I can tell u one thing. Kids have stopped playing
    cricket in Delhi..its a football obsessed city now..but only Euro
    football..most dont know about the Indian football team..proper
    marketing and techniques can help catch the Delhi youth in a different
    way

deepak dedhaatuljgarchakfootydip
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Just saying, when people come to Ambedkar Stadium for the Durand Cup, the crowd is big but it is what? 15,000-20,000 people as the stadium is small. That is basically the amount of fans that went to see Delhi Dynamos last season is a much bigger stadium.

Also, how are we defining fandom here? I feel that only if Roberto Carlos was tackled to the ground by fans that Delhi would have good fans.... really?

Delhi Dynamos need to change their marketing approach. They need to re-launch (launch) their logo with some mega event in a popular place in Delhi with Carlos and a marquee player their. I mean, Bengaluru FC did the same at the stadium back in 2013!
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    Roberto Carlos should have gone to Kerala Blasters due to popularity of football in that state.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    DD workers and intern Guys got Thousand of tickets in free 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    This shit again... yes... every person who ever attended an ISL match got in for free. There are no such thing as supports in ISL, just free people.
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    My sister who went to ATKvDD match at Salt Lake told me that entry after 1st half was free.
  • clayton SFCclayton SFC 675 Points
    Goa expected huge crowd too. though officially on paper it was always 18k to 19k. but at the stadium it easily crosses 26-27k. last season black ticketing was at its best . situation was so intense at times that we had fears that god forbid we don't witness another Hillsborough incident at Nehru stadium
    munna219777