Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• clayton SFCclayton SFC 675 Points
    Goa expected huge crowd too. though officially on paper it was always 18k to 19k. but at the stadium it easily crosses 26-27k. last season black ticketing was at its best . situation was so intense at times that we had fears that god forbid we don't witness another Hillsborough incident at Nehru stadium
  • clayton SFCclayton SFC 675 Points
    hahaha..seriously. most of the fan club members too were the witness of the act. Even after having a valid ticket ; your entry was not confirmed if u happen to be late at the venue
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala655 Points
    Same in Kerala too..as per official sources the attendance for semi final was around 61k .but in actual there was around 70 k ppl inside stadium ..lot people were standing behind and on the steps between seats..
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/indian-super-league/top-stories/ISL-franchise-handed-trading-card-on-draft-day/articleshow/47982485.cms

Sounds stupid to be honest. I mean, I kinda understand and kinda like it but overall I feel it is unnecessary to do this.

It's sad cause he will probably not be selected and if he is, maybe not even play. Chances are slim right now. Of course, maybe "Chelsea fan" Abhishek Bachchan can "convince" Materazzi to go for him.

Personally, I now think that the ISL should add a new rule for squads. If an Indian player gets injured and is out for the tournament then the teams don't have youth players to call upon and after the draft there are going to be many players left out. Why not add an extra 5 spots in the roster. The players in these spots are not allowed to be on the game-day squads at all, they are replacement players just in case. They train with the teams though and can be selected if needed.

2 of the spots can be used for older, experienced players but the last 3 can only be occupied by U21 players (U21 from 1 October 2015 in this case). I was thinking of saying U23 but these are replacements and a 19-20 year old would benefit more from this than a 22-23 year old would. This would allow 40 more Indian players a chance to play in the ISL, at least 24 U21 players, and they would train in good facilities and good coaches and with good foreign players.
    souravindia
    Zico is the one on the right, right?
  • Sunbha123Sunbha123 363 Points
    Yes..The other one is Pele I guess!!!
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 who will pay them? I mean the 5 standby players. There must be a contract and registration procedure. They will earn for nothing. In a couple of year or so ( if ISL at all survives ) they should create a ISL reserve league or u21/u19.
    The ISL team would pay them. You are still part of the team, you just can't play with the team or travel for away matches. You still get training gear and accommodations for free for the most part. And these will be 18-20 year old players for the most part so you could probably get away with barely paying them at all... get them in on training and learning from good foreign players and coaching while given good facilities and perhaps also free passes into games with good seats.

An ISL reserve league would not be feasible at all in the near future.
    The ISL team would pay them. You are still part of the team, you just can't play with the team or travel for away matches. You still get training gear and accommodations for free for the most part. And these will be 18-20 year old players for the most part so you could probably get away with barely paying them at all... get them in on training and learning from good foreign players and coaching while given good facilities and perhaps also free passes into games with good seats.

An ISL reserve league would not be feasible at all in the near future. What, spend money on U21 players and then fly them around India? 
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited July 2015
    There is discussion going on that I-league can be turned into 2nd Division and ISL be made into 1st League. But will ISL satisfy Club Licensing regulations and guidelines to be official league.

http://www.fat.or.th/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/club_licensing_regulations_2010.pdf

For starters, ISL is owned, run by IMG-reliance, a private body. For being an official league, it should be run by an elected body recognised by FIFA that is AIFF.

1) Will IMG-Reliance transfer the ownership of ISL to AIFF? what is their profit in doing that?

2) Right now its a closed group with IMG-Reliance directly or indirectly owning different franchises? Will they open up the league for outsiders also? It cannot be closed group if it becomes official league under FIFA and AFC. FIFA people are not idiots when they see Bollywood Actors or cricket players acting as Owners!!!!

3) Finances!!! Account books will be opened up of different franchises to FIFA and AFC?

4) IMG-reliance makes more profit in being unofficial rather then being affiliated to FIFA and AFC.

5) Cannot closed down I-League now. Then India will be without league.
    goalkeepar