The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
    Be positive@munna everything will be fine.
    munna219777
  • Actually, there is nothing wrong in talking about other things, which I think is relevant in the long run. It is not that he is not thinking about the Nepal match but looking at the bigger picture. He does have time in hand for his first match and also had time to express some statements to the press. Nothing wrong, we will win.
    bida 25 munna219777
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    amen!!!!! and lord buddh will help us too ...smiling Buddha is smiling and wishing best of luck for great future of Indian football team ...
    munna219777
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    About Passports I think Stephen is very much right, he's knows that things work here at a very slow pace and also look at our young players do you really think there is solid talent coming up ?? 
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Very dissapointed with National team right now...

Just as we had started to move forward in the past 4 years with some structure in the youth development and improvements in the League and Club football...we are taking a huge step back into the Bob Houghton era....

Constantine has declared that as we are technically inferior compared to other teams we will play...he will opt for a 442.

This could very well signal the end for a few player's. ..
    Given Bhaichung Chutia's influence ...we can expect Sandesh Jhingan or some East Bengal pets to be made captain.

The behind scenes talks have not been very positive...

Let's just wait and see how things shape up next week
    munna219777reddevil87atuljgrudra
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29260 Points
    I think 4-4-2 suits as. our player are playing that basic formation for years now.
    munna219777bida 25 atuljg
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    We cant implement new formation in senior team we should implement it from youth days
    munna219777bida 25 atuljg
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Gaffer. I think you are making trouble where there should not be. I still firmly believe that the Bob Houghton days were much better than after he left. Youth development? Sure, maybe we have more awareness about it and a couple more academies since Bob but lets not kid ourselves, nothing has really changed.

The only big thing that has changed in Indian football since I started to follow has been the more "known" foreigners coming into the I-League and also the ISL... other than that, nothing much has changed and if anything, we've regressed since Bob.
    dhritiman7archakAshleshPondicherrybida 25 Deb_Banrudra
  • @ArsenalFan700 agreed mate. The most significant youth development apart from TFA I have ever seen was Arrows. Remember Bob Houghton's last tournament was AFC Challenge cup qualifier which we won by fielding Jeje, Shilton Da Silva, Jewel Raja and others. Sometime I feel who thinks Bob Houghton have not done any good to Indian football either want cheap publicity or doesn't want Indian football's improvement.

archakRonnyArsenalFan700Pondicherrybida 25 Deb_Ban
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    I understand that you know more about behind the scenes activity than us, but a generalized statement doesn't do any good at all.

My guess from that statement is the players represented by the Football Edge will be given higher preference than from other agencies lets says Get Pro(just an Example).

Unless Stephen has told even has told even the youth teams to play with long ball tactics
    munna219777