The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    When is Fed Cup in this calender?
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    If we fail against Nepal it will be AIFFs fault and not Constantines
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29249 Points
    they Indian should stop playing football. admins should close down IFN. and all Indian football fans should move to euro football.
    MaddieDeb_Banmunna219777archakashindiaatuljg
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    fuck why we will fail .. we will win easily .. hope for best ! now or never 
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @munna219777 Why should Constantine not give his input to the AIFF? Sure, he has the Nepal match going on but he also has time to give his input on other issues and honestly why not? He is the head coach of our national team and he is suggesting things that can help the national team out long-term.
    munna219777
    @munna ;

When asked about his short-term and long-term goals, the former coach of Rwanda national team gave an interesting reply.

"Short term, we must win the next game. In the long term, win the game after," he remarked.

Calender thing came from this convo 

The English tactician revealed that he had already chalked a plan for next season which shall benefit all stakeholders, including the players given that India has always had a cramped calendar with regards to planning for tournaments.

"I have sat down and planned down the whole season from middle of August till end of May which includes all the national camps. If we do it properly and respect each other then we can do it. We need a set calendar. Our players need break. If you look at the MLS (Major League Soccer) they have regions so they don’t have to travel from one part of the continent to another. Our players travel so much they don't get time to rest. They play 60 odd games a season it is remarkable that they still manage to be fit. We all need to sit down and make the calendar properly. It is doable," he commented.

With most key players taking part in all tournaments among Indian Super League (ISL), Federation Cup and I-League, a professional footballer may have to play more than 60 competitive games per season. Constantine remarked that the numbers may match with the foreign leagues, but the recovery of the players is not given proper importance.

"Our players on an average play around 65-to-70 games a season. We don't have proper recovery, rest periods. They play on training pitches. What we have to do is come up with a calendar for the whole season. Say the ISL (Indian Super League) starts in September and continues till Christmas, then the I-League starts after a month’s rest till the end of May. If you combine the games it comes up to 38 that is equal to a Premier League season," he said.

He also stressed on the idea to involve more players in the State Leagues, so that the ones not making the break into the cash-rich league can also get enough match practice ahead of the I-League.

"Boys that are not playing here (ISL) should play in the state league which for me will run in the same period as ISL. If you are good enough you will play in the ISL otherwise state league and then play I-League in the second part of the season. That for me is the logical part. I would like that there are no foreigners here but at this point we need them. Indian players training with Mikael Silvestre and Nicolas Anelka will only help. It is an education in itself. They are improving the standards of football here," he opined.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    I am not against his suggestions. I am not saying that what he said is wrong. My concern was that very little time is left for the Nepal game and we should not be that over-confident that our Coach is praising ISL, Domestic Schedule on Press Conference as well as his Personal Website. His top most priority should be lifting the team from Koevarmans era and immediate victory against Nepal will boost us.

How much time he devoted in that Press Conference for 1st Round, 2nd Round of WCQ and his planing to atleast qualify in next AFC Cup? Constitutional Amendment for passport is generalized statement which may not be the top most priority at this moment. We will win against Nepal. Once our job is done there, then go on next step. There is a time for every step. 2nd Round is from June and he got ample time for that.

He and Venkatesh need to prepare team well for atleast 2-0 or 3-0 lead at Guwahati Home Game so that we can go to Kathmandu with ease.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    match is on 12th and camp is from 4th ..wat will he do for these 10 days ..so he is bringing those topic in notice ... at least by giving those interview Indian football fans are noticing those statement which is good ...I think he is doing right things by pointing out those thing ...when camp will start he will shift his focus on Nepal ...
    munna219777
    "Short term, we must win the next game. In the long term, win the game after,"

This is what he said 
    munna219777Deb_Bandhritiman7reddevil87
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    His schedule should also focus on National team as he is National Team Coach.

Second Round starts from 11th and 16th June. Then comes clash with ISL in September, October, November. There are 6 NT Games for WCQ at that period. How is he focussing on that??

As I said, its all about priorities. I personally would like to hear more about National Team and less about ISL, Passport, State Leagues. They are inter-linked but then !!!Lets wait and watch. He is new. Let him finish his Nepal job.

:P