The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• Good joke @Ashlesh but we got your point.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    @dhritiman7, yeah that was long back, towards the end of Houghton era (in Maldives I think, or in Bangladesh?). And we should have continued that. But one coach change, and everything is discarded and we start fresh! 

This is why a system is needed in place, before a high profile coach ...
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    FIRST MEDIA INTERACTION OF NATIONAL COACH MR. STEPHEN CONSTANTINE 

Excepted Announcement - Squad for World Cup Qualifiers , New Assistant Coach and Goalkeeper Coach Name .

In Same Press Conference  AIFF will Sign  MOU with Japan Football Association 

Venue:-Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi 
    Date & Time:* *February 24, 2.30pm 
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    I think Constantine returned India Today/Yesterday only. Hopefully he got ample time to review the team list. Who will be assisting him in Team Selection? Savio??Today in half time show, Novy asked Bruno about Venkatesh as asst. Coach and Bruno seemed to be surprised.
    ashindiaatuljg
    "I have about five days with the players before the first game. I have done this before so I am not a stranger to this situation. I will need a lot of help from a lot of people, coaches and clubs. This is not a one-man band and can never be. If I don't get the co-operation, then we won't do well. If all in Indian football work together, we can have success that we can all share."

"Whether you like it or not, it has put football at the forefront of the Indian sporting scene," Constantine said. "It has propelled the game forward and now we have to work together with the ISL and I-League [the longer-running and longer-established professional league in India] to streamline things for the benefit of everyone. Of course, they all have their agenda and so do I.

"I want to get the best Indian players in the best condition and form to represent the country. The national team mirrors the league. Even though we've had all the interest in the ISL, we are still 171 in the world and this does not reflect well on that competition or the I-League. We need a combined consensus on the best way to go forward that will benefit everyone."

If the ISL is a change, there is, according to the 52-year-old, plenty that has stayed the same. "Players in India are playing 65 to 70 games a year, but they are not playing in the best conditions. In England, in the Premier League or even League One or League Two, players may be playing 46 league games, and cup games and friendlies, but they are getting good medical care, are playing on good training pitches and don't have murderous journeys from one side of Europe to the other on a regular basis. It's all a problem for the players. And it all has a negative effect on the FIFA rankings."

http://www.espnfc.com/team/india/4385/blog/post/2309053/stephen-constantine-needs-to-help-maintain-indian-world-cup-dream
    munna219777
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    He should take help from our forum to select players for wcq since he has limited time
    Pondicherrymunna219777Ronny
  • sunnysunny 207 Points
    Hopefully he will invite some pio players. I remember around 2002 he invited one pio player
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    can we post this forum url on his linkedin wall..he logs in regulalrly there
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    He is very social Media savvy Coach. His personal website, Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook. Already praising ISL on his website.

http://stephenconstantine.com/

So Stephen said all those things which we want 

“My mission is to setup a successful scouting network. I want to touch everything. I want my system to look at every State Leagues, National level Tournaments, Universities. I am sure that there are hundreds of Players who are capable of playing for India.”

The Englishman also proposed a new idea of multi-national passports that could see players of Indian origin play for the National Team.

“I want Players who love their Country. There are a lot of Players who are playing in foreign Leagues at the moment. I would suggest for a multi-national passport for such Players. It’s just an idea, but I would like if it can be made possible because everybody else is doing it.”

https://www.the-aiff.com/news-center-details.htm?id=6230

munna219777