Indian Football Transfer News 2015-16, Rumours, Gossips, Signings

Comments

• What is the point in "breath of fresh air" for few sec., if that leads to breathlessness!  :P
    EastBengalPride
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    The breath-of-fresh-air clubs were the seeds for a better future -- of I-league and of Indian football in general. When one plants quality seeds, it is expected that one would arrange for water and for nutrition of the seeds to grow into healthy plants. Unfortunately, we did not arrange that and forgot to provide fences around the field. The result of the neglect is only too expected.

Shall we blame the 'seeds'? I, for one, would blame the farmer. Those promoters were real heroes (if not naive businessmen), to sink their money in risky ventures.
    munna219777deepakcAKBSoccerloverkartik91
  • @EastBengalPride and @Soccerlover has missed my point entirely. Better SCOUTING can un-earth better players for your teams than pointlessly paying the likes of Jairu's, Denson's and Sabeeth's. The one thing we hear a lot on these forums is how the Kolkata giants having money problems, and couldn't they alleviate some of these money issues by NOT stock piling on has been footballers? Without a doubt, a younger unproven (but talented) footballer will not ask for the salary Jairu or Mehtab might ask, and at this level if you coach them well (see BFC's coaching and improvement of the likes of Lyngdoh, Thoi, Rino etc) surely you can make a better footballer out of a Ruidas or  Lewis? 

As for trophies, since the inception of the I-League, MB has won a grand total of 2 major trophies (1 I-League, 1 Fed Cup) out of the 26 they have competed in, while EB has won a total of 4 trophies (all Fed Cups) from the 30 they have competed in (I-League, Durand Cup, AFC and Fed Cup, but local state league excluded). 

So, this excuse of stock-pilling players to win trophies is really rather perfunctuary. 
    Deb_BangaffertapeMaddieatuljgdeepakcmunna219777EastBengalPridegopiajeeshspartadebarghya89and 5 others.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    To be fair to Jairu he did have a excellent run in CFL. Why he was called in NT that Chutiyastein knows better. I would expect Jairu doing some good cameos in I-League. With Ruidas and Dong in squad (left footed wingers) don't think Jairu will be a regular starter.
    gaffertape
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @The Real AG  that deserves a standing ovation from me

=D>
    =D>
     =D>
    =D>
    =D>
    =D>
    deepakc
    CFL counts to us as a trophy, always will. Fed Cups, AFC Cup Semi Finals, 6 CFLs that's a fair bit of silverware. Also our clubs spend on the little infrastructure we have, atleast EB completely renovated club tent, dressing rooms, installed a lift, new gym. MB is now renovating member gallery, installing bucket seats, etc. EB started their all residential academy. That stuff isn't for free. BFC lied about creating infrastructure, where is the stadium they are supposed to build?

I agree with your point Real AG, in fact Kolkata clubs have declined rapidly in terms of scouting of young players in last 15 years. Current situation is we let small teams do the hard work, scout develop and then we pay them big money so they play their prime with us. MB even has a sister club, Bhawanipur AC playing CFL where lots of their players have come through. EB does the same with certain CFL clubs.

Ideal scenario? Hell no, but this won't change for a while. I am just saying accept it till other clubs match our stature and compete long enough, things will remain the same.
    deepakcSoccerlovermunna219777
    edited December 2015
    @gaffertape Short term strategy with us will remain as it always was, as a youngster if yyou are good, you will get a chance. If you can't capitalize you will be dumped. Clubs like SLFC or SCG may be the place where you get 15 matches to settle down, not in Kolkata.
    deepu
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Fair point @East Bengal pride

Now this is the kind of informed discussion that brings us back to IFN.

=D>
    EastBengalPridedeepakcRonnymunna219777The real AGkartik91
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    I thought CFL doesnt have a trophy.
  • I see no reason to have a sly dig at BFC for their failed promises @EastBengalPride. The fact is that BFC, a hastily put up team, conjured up immediate success not only through money, but through scouting, planning and coaching. This would not have been possible if the Kolkata giants were at their best, and instead of putting light on unwanted issues concerning BFC (stadium promise for example), wouldn't you EB or MB fans be bettered served asking your clubs' management why they have let this newbie overtake them? IMO, EB and MB should be the strongholds of Indian football, but they simply are not and that is down to their own inadequacies, and if I was a fan of either, I would put my energy into questioning the management of the club.

Whether you consider the CFL an important trophy or not, it is still surely pointless having has been Jairu's and Dey's in the team? I mean, shouldn't you be using the CFL as a platform to bed in the talented youngsters you no doubt have?  
    SoccerloverDeb_BandeepakcRonny
This discussion has been closed.