FC Pune City News

Comments

• Yes, I have been finding it hard to fill my monthly rations ever since they stopped giving me gold biscuits they used to give b4  :'(
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29626 Points

Exclusive: FC Pune City likely to get new owners, move to Hyderabad

The franchise is also likely to change its name in keeping with their new home.

The news of FC Pune City relocating has been doing the rounds ever since the last season ended and FCPC are the latest in the ever-growing list of clubs that have shut in the central Maharashtra city. Although they are not technically shutting down, the entire rebranding of the club and its relocation is tantamount to closure.

As per sources close to the development in the Wadhawan Group, the current owners of FCPC and the Indian Super League, FCPC are going to hand over their right to play in the Indian Super League to a new Telangana based owner who will then continue to rebrand the club and most likely name it Hyderabad City FC.

The new team is set to play in the Ganti Mohana Chandra Balayogi Athletic Stadium, located in the flourishing Gachibowli suburbs of Hyderabad, which is part of the Gachibowli Sports Complex known to have hosted various National and International tournaments like Kabaddi and Badminton.

Although slightly removed from Hyderabad City, the stadium is known to draw crowds and if well advertised, the chances of having house-full matches may be a reality for the club which saw abysmal numbers at Pune's Balewadi Stadium which was situated outside the main city.

There is also news that the Club's CEO Gaurav Modwel may retain the reins for the near future as the clubs new owners are averse to risking new management who aren't experienced with the nitty-gritty of running an Indian football club. This would ensure a continuation of sorts at the helm and may translate to a smoother transition and transformation process.

Transfers and retention

FC Pune City, however, is in midst of a tricky storm of their own making and have been handed a two transfer window ban by the All India Football Federation due to their alleged misdealings with Nestor Cordillo and Chennai City FC, but if sources are to be believed, this won't affect the newly formed club.

FCPC will still run the ban out by keeping its academy functional and the new club which will only inherit the right to play in the tournament, won't have to face the music for their predecessor's faults.

Keeping this in mind, the Pune based franchise will also be transferring their contracted players to Hyderabad and sources suggest that Brazilian, Marcelinho Leite and Austrian, Marko Stankovic will be retained by the newly formed entity.

What the future holds for the new club, only time will tell!

https://khelnow.com/news/article/isl-2019-20-pune-city-likely-get-new-owner-home-hyderabad

giridharanmunna219777atuljgcoolgagan
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    In such cases, the Fake Owners (Cricketer / Actor) stay same or they will also get changed ?
    Carbon_14ashindiagoalkeeparsouravindia
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    I read in some article that since new owners are buying only participation rights transfer ban won't affect them, but all currently contracted players of FCPC will get transferred automatically to this new team.
    This doesn't make sense if players are moving by default then ban should too. 
    munna219777
  • @dev_pfc Then Hyderabad city can sign player as a transfer from FCPC or player can terminate contract directly to sign with new franchise

• dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    @shanks_dehighliving according to article I read, it is obligatory. I am not able to find that article anywhere now, it also said Gaurav Modwell is set to retain his job at new franchise
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] 4984 Points
    edited August 2019
    how does player get automatically transfered? they will have to sign new contract or renew older one under different condition. as far as I know contract is written between two entities so on paper its defined as FC Pune City not some other name.. so I believe some mutual consent will be taken

well any way thats you said it makes no sense  :p :#
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    They will have to terminate the contracts and sign for the new franchise.. Pune cannot just transfer the players to the new franchise as long as the ban is there.
    The participation rights and all are just a dealing between the new owners, old owners & FSDL.. In all other ways it will be a new club as it has to be  registered under the new state association
    [Deleted User]goalkeepar
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Pune City ban starts in January so they can transfer the contracts now
    Carbon_14
  • Anonymous_IFNAnonymous_IFN London86 Points
    Well to start with I will add 1-2 daily posts here starting from season 2015. Of course my intention is not to splurge all inside details but will try to cover majority of issues and obviously not every fan or employee is bad but some rotten minds are there who have got our club to this condition. Both fans and club management are equally faulty.

I am not just a casual spectator and have been regular into stands and I have been part of many meetings.

but Before 2015 I was in Mumbai so I didnt follow football clubs in Pune, even in Mumbai I used to watch some matches in cooperage for Mumbai FC but Pune city was the first club I liked and honestly I believed their philosophy of course I was so wrong lol.

Lets start.

Myth
    FC Pune city is making Pune proud on the national level platform.

Reality
    well there is nothing that this club people do that makes real Punekar proud. Ask how many people know at least one good player from club, you wont get an answer. but then club hardly takes anyone local in their team.
    They always give stupid reason that there are no good footballers in Pune , My question arent you there to devlop football facilities and players in Pune? why DSK (another joke) and this club always run after Northeast players?
    Their so called media team would hardly post anything in local language marathi , after constant follow up last season they started posting one liners in marathi in captions as if you are doing some big favor to common people.
    They will give lame reasons as they dont get enough reach on posts well thats what happens when you have used paid promotions on page. They will do flash mobs and promos in malls and what not but dont put good marathi boards in central Pune areas.

More to follow........

[Deleted User]atuljggoalkeeparreddevil87indian_gooner