will Chennai I league be added this year

Is there any chance for Chennai team to be direct entrant for this year I league
Domnic

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    There is a chance but you got to be patient and wait to see the results.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Both Chennai Utd & Chennai FC have decided to go via 2nd Division route , and will wait for another year before they make any significant moves..
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    I doubt if Chennai is really ready for ileague. They have really adopted the ISL and Chennayiyan....even if they get the ileague nod, it is likely to be a disaster like KBFC , I don't see we can expect more than 3-4k avg attendance nor a BFC like championship contender.....How many TN players can we see who are ready for ileague??, which means it would have too many outside players which will hardly build any real local connect.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    deepak, Chennai is ready for any sport as you have enough demand for good quality entertainment.

local football is relatively healthy in the city, private clubs are becoming increasingly vocal in marketing.

its great the clubs from chennai want to go via 2nd div to test waters rather than go directly to I-league as there is not much clarity in the financial viability and marketing of I-league is still at a nascent level.

plus a 100cr bank guarantee LOL thats certianly too much for any private club for a still unsure brand like I-league.

to prove you need AFC &FIFA to throw wieght on I-league for AIFF to look after it.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    I agree to everything you say @DX, the point is that you are already getting your dose of national football in ISL, hence what you are saying is true that not too many fans would come for ileague which is of inferior quality. That is why I said maybe Chennai should not get an ileague nod currently.
    I-League in Chennai can work but don't use the Nehru Stadium. Does Chennai have a smaller stadium to host I-League? If not then don't give them a team.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I dont think AIFF is having the problem of approving or declining any i-league interest.
    the problem is they are hardly getting any interest.
    Ball is in AIFF court to drumup support for a I-league entry than vice versa.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    you do have smaller grounds in chennai but clearly they wont be eligible as they lack some basic infrastructure. so a smaller stadia need to be refurbrished.

even local teams play only in nehru stadium
    For the I-League, I would suggest a long-term plan where you reduce teams to 8-10 and go from there but with the current predicament it is kinda hard. It is so hard to even come up with anything with the ISL and the potential for a "merger" in a few years.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @DX Is there a clause of 100 crore Bank guarantee for corporate slot at I-League? Kalyani Bharat showed 100 crore bank guarantee?? All I was told was that they pay 2.5 crore rupees per season.