will Chennai I league be added this year

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    You either have to to be a multi mega Crore company with more than 5yrs worth of track record of making gazillion rupees. ..

OR

If not...then furnish a Bank guarantee of 100Crores...& then agree to pay 3Crores per year. ...

And everyone seems to have forgotten the other clauses ...like Building stadium. ..etc etc
    munna219777DXarchak
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Tender Fees
    This RFP document should have been obtained by the bidder or lead bidder in the case of a Consortium, in their name, by paying INR 1,00,000.00 (Rupees one lakh only) to AIFF as non refundable tender document fees.

Contact Person
    Shri Kushal Das, General Secretary
    All India Football Federation, Football House, Sector-19, Phase-I, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075
    Tel: +91-11-2804-1430/31/32/33/35 +91 95406 65290
    Fax: +91-11-2804-1434
    E-Mail: [email protected]

Scope of Work
    The new clubs bidding for the direct entry into the I-League as part of this RFP shall undertake three essential activities:
    a. creating/leasing stadia: Clubs get a timeframe of 5 years to build a new stadium. An annual review of the progress will be undertaken by AIFF against the timelines mentioned by the incumbent in their proposals. In case of non compliance the clubs may lose the non relegation immunity.

Other Requirements
    The new clubs will be required to pay annual licence fees of INR 3 crores for the next five years.
    The new clubs are to be registered as a separate company with Registrar of Companies of India within 45 days of award of contract.
    The new clubs get immunity from relegation for a period of 3 years, subject to certain conditions. Thus they get to play I-League a minimum of 4 seasons.
    Successful bidder having net worth more then 500 crores will be required to submit a corporate guarantee for ensuring all necessary support to the new entity in meeting its obligation as described in this RFP document.
    Successful bidder having net worth less than 500 crores will be required to submit a bank guarantee of INR 100 crores. This will have to be provided within 45 days of a letter of Intent by AIFF.
    Successful bigger will be required to submit Performance Bank Guarantee for INR 15 crores in the form of Bank Guarantee (BG). The validity of Bank guarantee will be five years from the date of incorporation of new entity. This will have to be provided within 45 days of a letter of Intent by AIFF.
    munna219777
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    best of luck to Aiff to get clubs who fulfill these criteria.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited August 2015
    BFC and Kalyani Bharat owners are Jindals and Baba Kalyani and they definitely have more then 500 crores net worth. So they have no problem. A small fish like Nethaji SC type clubs I dont think are that rich. Even nobody will come with  Bank Guarantee clause. 
    One interesting thing is this point that if in 5 years, no stadium is built, then relegation immunity will be withdrawn. I dont think Bengaluru cares about relegation. With their strong team, they would have qualified thru second division also.
    DSK Pune can start a corporate club if they want. Even Dempo can come back with corporate tag as they are a rich business venture.

If Kalyani club shuts down now, what will be the impact? Is there a clause of withdrawing? I guess they will lose 15 crore bank guarantee then?
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    The immunity is for only three years right? So, if on the fourth year of the team gets relegated, than would the club have to pay the franchise fee?
    karenesudhakar2050
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Haha, you assume the AIFF have thought that far.
    munna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    BFC don't pay AIFF 3crores each year...they get around this....
    They get AIFF to knock off the annual fee by doing "work" for AIFF...
    ◇BFC won't get any I-League subsidy that other Clubs get
    ◇BFC probably won't get a cheque for I-League win / runner up or Fed Cup wins...it just get deducted from "monies owed"
    ◇ BFC have organised India-U23 vs Pakistan U23 games and had to foot the bill for accommodation, food , security, match day organisation etc of the Teams and officials..
    ◇ They have done the same for India games at Kanteerava too , where theyvare responsible for pitch preparations and maintenance. ..

BUT ...have no idea what KBFC are doing in this regard !?

DSK meanwhile will host the India training camp & their new grass field will be inaugurated by Cunstantine and his team on the 24th.
    DSK campus will become a regular venue for team India
    munna219777archaknamewtheldsunnyreddevil87footydip
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    As per Bengali media, two groups, one from Kerala and one from Hyderabad with stake in IPL have evinced interest in new corporate teams in I-League.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Thats why in the budget, there was hardly any mention of amount given for Corporate slots. AIFF is not serious about money then. BFC owes 6 crore rupees to AIFF and the work mentioned which is done by BFC is hardly worth 1 crore rupees. AIFF claims that they do not have adequate funds for Academies, tournaments. But they are not interested in even collecting what they should be getting. I guess Kalyani Bharat also must not have paid 3 crore rupees. Corporate slot becomes Corporate Loot in indian football.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    edited August 2015
    @eastbengalpride Rendezvous Group, owners of Kochi Tuskers, had plans for a direct slot from Hyderabad, but now are looking to play their way up to I-league via the second division. There was news of Viva Kerala looking to return during the I-League, they might be the ones from Kerala but there has been no news since then.