will Chennai I league be added this year

Comments

• karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Dx u-19 aiff licensing fees of 3 crores or only for 3 years not 5years
    deepakc
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Archak according to my sources Deccan Chargers is going to bid for Hyderabad franchise waiting for offical confirmation
    EastBengalPride
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    @karenesudhakar2050 That will be awesome, do post up if you get any news.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Deccan chargers seems a serious bet...is it the maran group...arent they having huge troubles(political and hence financial)?....but if they have cash it has potential to rival BFC in ileague branding.great choice of city.
    edited August 2015
    Coming back to the topic of trying to come through the 2nd division is that in its present format...2 short 10 day tournaments marketed by #Aiff as "home &away" (no other organisation could say itvwithout a touch or irony)...there is NO garuntee that the best team will qualify,so many things can go wrong in those 20 days..its alottery, big gamble....also it hardly gives the new entrants a real feel of a donestic league (a chance to finetune their scouting, marketing, training setup..nothing) so we will have more KBFC's entering the league totally unprepared. But then ,at the risk of repeating, say again it is designed by #IMG & their cronies to be that way...a well structured ileague 2nd division might allow genuine interest from well prepared sides from new cities in India and we CAN'T hv domestic football intefering with #ISL & the gravy train( for IMG /AIFF honchos) can we??
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited August 2015
    @deepakc Marans are involved with current Hyderabad Franchise- Sunrisers Hyderabad, not with Deccan Chargers. Deccan Chargers was the old franchise from Hyderabad. The owners are Ms Gayathri Reddy and Deccan Chronicle Group. they are media barons so good for Indian Football. They messed up their IPL team because of Financial irregularities so this time they will do better I think. They do not have to pay 100 crores as they are a big business group and they have a readymade stadium with floodlights in Hyderabad. Good Choice!!!!!
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    just a word to the ignorant.. if marans r involved in something then you can expect massive amounts of investment.

sun network on its own is the largest media house in south india. if this is true and if marans have thier sight set.. BFC will look like amateurs compared to what the marans can do
    karenesudhakar2050atuljggaffertape
    3 cheers to a team from hyderabad then. I have 2 queries if someone can help....1)how ready are the hyderabad bidders for this years ileague? What stops them from buying a distressed asset in ISL (kbfc?) for which there is a revenue model in place. Just trying to understand why bid for an ilegue team, where the league may stop anytime...playing a devils advocate here...just thrilled to see there are still genuine football lovers left despite #AIFF & #IMG's best efforts to kill the domestic football calender
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @deepakc Some years ago, PVP Potluri were trying to purchase Deccan Chargers in IPL but the owners Reddys (Deccan Chronicle Group) refused to sell it to them despite being the sole bidder. Later on Deccan Chargers closed down and Marans came with Sunrisers Hyderabad.
    Now the kahani mein twist. PVP Potluri are the owners of Kerala Blasters and they want to sell it. I dont think that Deccan Chargers Reddys will deal with them again, this time as buyers.
    Marans are not in the picture.
    That's really interesting @munna219777  .....but how serious are they for ileague?.....do they have a ready made club setup in Hyderabad which they can tap into to get a team ready for this year's league.....bigger question why invest in a dead product where #AIFF/IMG combine has made clear that there is no real revenue model and where the league itself may not survive for too long....surely they can wait for another opportunity in #ISL/#HIL (which is expanding into south India)  if they don't want to deal with KBFC owners now.. Again I am thrilled as a spectator and a lover of ileague but the skeptic inside me keeps saying #AIFF/#IMG will kill this.