INDIA VS GUAM World Cup Qualifier | 12th November 2015

Comments

• Soham_DeSoham_De Kolkata1673 Points
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    If he's injured why not select someone else as his replacement , someone like thoi
    this guy's got huge ego issues man

Soham_De
  • Soham_DeSoham_De Kolkata1673 Points
    There is time too , yeah good idea
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited November 2015
    How will "super sensitive" Guam team tackle Diwali Firecrackers? Tomorrow they will hide under the Bed trembling with fear?

:P
    deepushibierfootydipkartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    who knows if it is actually SC selecting the team..seems like something fishy behind the scenes
    munna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Thanks @The Real AG for the breakdown

Certainly impressive by Chhetri to get a goal every 2 game average ( 1.93) over 85 games
    Balwant being omitted despite having a 2.91 game to goal ratio , shows how clueless Constantine camp are

As for the Eugeneson doubters.... he is the only CM in that list and he averages a goal every 5 games, and assists probably 1 every 2 games

karenesudhakar2050The real AGreddevil87kartik91rudra
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Lyngdoh yet to prove he is good enough for international games, already played 5 games.
    Soham_De
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    or the other way of looking at it is :
    Stephen Constantine doesn't know how to best use the talent available at his disposal
    Proud_MadridstaDXSoham_DesamiamThe real AGkartik91rudra
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited November 2015
    @gaffertape - No problem. These are the only players who scored 10 or more goals since the beginning of the 2013-14 I-League season onwards.

The goals to games ratio is the worst for Jeje and Robin, though I wouldn't mind including Robin in the NT if he is used PROPERLY and not on the wings, and more often as a sub. Chhetri naturally picks himself and while Balwant has an impressive ratio, that is down to that season in 13-14 where he scored 17. I agree that he needs to be considered as he works his socks off all game, and is unfortunate not to get in the Chennaiyin team dude to Fikru and Mendoza being there. The golden rule of football is that players, particularly the strikers, when on form, needs to be selected, and it is laughable that SC ignored Rafi. 

I have of course been a fan of Eugeneson for a while now and his goal scoring record for a central midfielder is outstanding. I couldn't find the assists statistics, but just for the kicks, Eugeneson had 16 assists in his 33 appearances in all competitions last season for Bengaluru. It says a lot about the scouting system when he was being played for Randajied, Shillong for years. He was also the only player to score and assist in all 4 competitions Bengaluru participated last season - Fed Cup, Durand Cup, I-League and AFC Cup. Now, he has scored and assisted in the ISL too. That there exists doubts for Eugene puts to shame the football knowledge of some on here.

A word of mention for Semboi who IMO has everything needed to be an excellent striker. His biggest asset is his movement off the ball, and that he is not afraid to play football, with turn and runs and attempts at one-twos and passes against all opposition. If he bulks up a little more, we may just have a special player on our hands. I hope with Pune FC winding up, he gets picked up by a club that will play him regularly instead of one of the Kolkata clubs. I would go so far as to say that if BFC wanted to save some money, they forego the chance to resign Chhetri and Robin on loan, and go for Semboi, who will surely develop well under Westwood.
    Soham_DeBrainFallINDIAmunna219777kartik91silicon3Deb_Ban
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    @realAG absoulutely agree with you

This discussion has been closed.