India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    YEAH BABY!!!

Deepak Punia reaches the Semi-Finals of the 86kg at the Wrestling World Championships thereby securing a Quota place for himself and the country for Tokyo Olympics.

He was down 6-3 with 30 sec to go in his Quarter-finals but managed to to turn his opponent twice to make an epic come back.

Also,through to the Semi-Finals is Rahul Aware in 61 kg category(which is a non-Olympic Category) but still he will be vying for a Medal Today.

With Deepak's berth our tally reaches to 17 in 4 sports.
    munna219777thebeautifulgameNagendradeepuCarbon_14spartakartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Deepak reaches the final in his category. Will fight for Gold Tomorrow.

Rahul lost his Semi-Final, will fight for Bronze Tomorrow.
    deepuCarbon_14munna219777
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    edited September 2019
    Deepak punia will wrestle for gold tomorrow as he beats reichmuth of switzerland by 8-2 in semifinals
    His opponent tomorrow will be hasan yazdani of iran 
    Hasan has won all his matches either by pinning(vfa) his opponent or by technical superiority(i.e. achieving a diff of 10 pts) , such is the form of the guy deepak will face in finals tomorrow .
    Badmunna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2019
    Yup!! Deepak's Opponent is good but Deepak is very strong(power wise),has got good technique,good defence and attack. Iranian has upgraded from 74kg to 86kg.

I haven't seen the Iranian wrestle but i am super excited to watch Deepak Wrestle this guy and stake his claim for a Medal at theTokyo Olympics. I hope Deepak beats this guy. Let's see what happens.

deepumunna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2019
    Amit settles for Silver at the Boxing World Championship.

It was a close fight and deserved a Split Decision but Judges gave it a unanimous victory which was not deserved.I am not saying that Amit was robbed but the bout deserved a Split decision verdict for sure.

This Boxing irritates me a lot.

Nevertheless,this is India's best ever showing at any World Boxing Championship (Men's Event) so I guess you can't complain that much but it is bad for the individual.
    munna219777kartik91Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Deepak may not wrestle in the final as he is carrying injuries.Not 100% sure but very high possibility.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6473 Points
    If he is injured, better to skip even if it is final.. 

• Interview of Deepak and his Physio.

• BadBad 5141 Points
    RAHUL AWARE WINS A BRONZE MEDAL IN THE 61KG CATEGORY(NON-OLYMPIC) but another bronze in our kitty.

This is our best ever tally at any individual Wrestling World Championships in terms of number of medal with 5 the previous being 3 and also a close call for Pooja Dhanda which could have made it 6.Apart the number(5) what makes it so special is that 4 out of the 5 are from Olympic Categories which increases our Medal Winning Contenders list for the Tokyo Olympics.

Apart from these 4,there will definitely be another 4-6 Wrestlers who should qualify for the Olympics. So, in short Wrestling is becoming the Backbone of our Medal Chances for Olympics alongside Shooting.
    Carbon_14Nagendramunna219777deepu
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    I think so TOPS scheme doing the required trick?
    Badkartik91