Vasco SC

Comments

• Why should Vasco even be in I-League. We already have 4 Goan teams.

goalkeepar
  • > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Why should Vasco even be in I-League. We already have 4 Goan teams.

Yes but if there is relegation, then Sporting Clube or Salgaocar are in risk area to go down. Anyways Vasco and Sesa are planning for 2 2nd Division slots and their competitor will be Mohammedan Sporting.

goalkeepar
  • > munna21977 said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Why should Vasco even be in I-League. We already have 4 Goan teams.
    >
    >

Yes but if there is relegation, then Sporting Clube or Salgaocar are in risk area to go down. Anyways Vasco and Sesa are planning for 2 2nd Division slots and their competitor will be Mohammedan Sporting.

Yay!!! More Kolkata and Goan clubs!!!! Just what Indian football needs!
    goalkeepar
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Have never heard of a club that fulfills AFC criteria and plays in the second div of a state league. Real bad times have come upon this great club. Its only now that the people of Vasco realised how bad the situation is. The current club officials have ditched this great club into the abbyss

This thread may be deleted after the second div I-League finishes. The feeling around is that the club may wind up if they fail in the sec div. Its too big a shame for a club of this stature to play in sec dov of state league.

Adeus to the once famous and Goa's most supported clubs.

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

noel d'limawould have been really realy sad to see this day...during my time in school, VASCO was really a well known and loved club..

hopefully the current management pulls up the socks and gets it back to prominance

• I don't know why everyone is doom and glum. All you have to do is win the league you are relegated to and you are back in the big leagues. Its a chance to regroup and get rid of deadwood.

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

> kali007 said: > I don't know why everyone is doom and glum. All you have to do is win the league you are relegated to and you are back in the big leagues. Its a chance to regroup and get rid of deadwood.

ppl are fearfull the club may be woundup for good..

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

kali007 said:
    I don't know why everyone is doom and glum. All you have to do is win the league you are relegated to and you are back in the big leagues. Its a chance to regroup and get rid of deadwood.

Very well. But its not so easy for a club of Vasco's stature to compete in 2div of state league which realistically is 4th div in India. Instead of facing such shame they might well wind up.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

> Domnic said:
    > > kali007 said:
    > > I don't know why everyone is doom and glum. All you have to do is win the league you are relegated to and you are back in the big leagues. Its a chance to regroup and get rid of deadwood.
    >
    >
    > Very well. But its not so easy for a club of Vasco's stature to compete in 2div of state league which realistically is 4th div in India. Instead of facing such shame they might well wind up.
    >

oh the irony, 2 years ago they missed out on I-League... challenged the courts (Tuboi saga) in Goa that Shillong Lajong should not have been promoted ......
    Now almost 2 years on, Vasco relegated from the local top League but aiming for I-League ....
    Shillong Lajong FC also relegated from Shillong Premier League & aiming to survive in I-League....

Indian football is the best soap opera ever..