Dempo Club News

Comments

• harry191harry191 89 Points
    I personally love Panjim Dempo as the name dempo should ring in the ears of people... Looking forward to an exiting I league 2012-13 season . I believe things have started to gain momentum in indian football<br>
  • harry191 wrote:
    I personally love Panjim Dempo as the name dempo should ring in the ears of people... Looking forward to an exiting I league 2012-13 season . I believe things have started to gain momentum in indian football<br>

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Panjim Dempo SC might be the best name. Many of that 9,000 people that went to the EB game were not hardcore fans. They were casual fans. Dont expect all 9,000 to follow the club online so if you take the word Dempo out then how will people know that this is the club that won I-League 2011-12.</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div><b>Panjim Dempo SC</b> gets my vote</div><div><br></div><div>If not then <b>Panjim Goans FC</b> because Goa is a small state, why attach yourself to one city, have the name of the main historic city of were the club was founded in the name and the name of the state so you can attract people from outside Panjim.</div>
  • @arsenalfan, are these club people reading your ideas? :)

<br><div><br></div><div>hahhaha looks like it....</div><div><br></div><div>seriously though I am confident that this decision was based on being more smart than greedy for your company. Dempo looked at the Euro clubs, looked at J.League clubs I bet as well and saw that all those clubs are named after there city of state and how much support they get for that.</div>
  • Ashlesh wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">lot of people and players are against changing name in Goa so it wont be easy they will lot of thinking before changing </font>

<br><div><br></div><div>Why? I would think people would love the name to be after the city the fans are based in while still having Dempo as main sponsors.</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Ashlesh wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">lot of people and players are against changing name in Goa so it wont be easy they will lot of thinking before changing </font>

<br><div>Even I hear that. But they can change it to something which has both Dempo and Panjim in it. Like Dempo Panjim FC</div>
  • somesh wrote:
    Ashlesh wrote:

<br><div>Even I hear that. But they can change it to something which has both Dempo and Panjim in it. Like Dempo Panjim FC</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Go South Korean where club names are like that there. Probably would be best to do that so fans know that this club is the same club that just won the I-League.</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    People do resist change. But think it this way. If Dempo is renamed, the supporters will know it and keep following becoz they love the club. And when the name is changed to attach some city (Panjim), there will be new fans added. So it will benefit the club
  • Somesh is 100% right. I mean Dempo is a club that can do better than 9,000 to 15,000 in Goa and they can easily do that but they also need to aim for the people who are not main fans, just casual fans. Representing the city would give the casual fans that extra connection.
  • Ashlesh wrote:
    Problem in goa have is there is lot of passion but not for i league if you look at Goa professional league or division 1,2 and 3 even inter village after that there is more crowd even female spectators. but in i league there has been lacking<br><br>

<br><div><br></div><div>That could be why Dempo want to be Panjim Dempo SC or something with Panjim. If you look at the clubs within the 4-tiers of Goan state football you will see that most of them are named after a city or if not an organization. Adding Panjim to the name would give that city a reason to feel represented like most state league teams get.</div>
  • Mark Rodriguez, (Mark Giggsy on twitter), Dempo fan who comes on Sports Bench podcasts said on twitter that he thought the name change was stupid. He said he wouldn't be able to relate to the club if it changed the name.