Dempo Club News

Comments

• Ashlesh wrote:
    it will be hard for fans if dempo get its name out completely atleast they should keep dempo anyhow attached to their name 

<br><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; ">Like I said a few posts back they could do what they did in South Korea and represent both...</div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div><b style="font-style: normal; ">Panjim Dempo SC</b><i> </i>sounds like the best name to me. If you take Dempo out then some of the casual fans will be confused and wonder who the heck this Panjim team is and where is Dempo. At least with Panjim Dempo you are representing your city and keeping the historic name within.</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Ashlesh wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Ashlesh wrote:
    it will be hard for fans if dempo get its name out completely atleast they should keep dempo anyhow attached to their name 

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; ">Like I said a few posts back they could do what they did in South Korea and represent both...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><b style="font-style: normal; ">Panjim Dempo SC</b><i> </i>sounds like the best name to me. If you take Dempo out then some of the casual fans will be confused and wonder who the heck this Panjim team is and where is Dempo. At least with Panjim Dempo you are representing your city and keeping the historic name within.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">i do hope that happen even hope Dempo get huge names coming this season better than densil and martines so that dempo be the best </div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Keep Densil and Martins. Densil adds great experience and good ability and with rumored youngsters coming to Dempo he could prove to be a great mentor for them. As for Martins he is probably the only Nigerian I consider a "Icon". He is good enough for high Asian leagues and would be a regular in MLS but his problem is that he does not want to leave India.</font></div>
  • Ashlesh wrote:
    in an interview armando said that martin will never leave dempo and that makes clear than he will play for dempo next sesaon and if dempo get good defenders a world class then surely Dempo winning AFC cup next season <br>and give romeo a start with Martines and aniston in midfiled and brian in wings 

<br><div><br></div><div>I dont know about winning the AFC Cup but they will certainly do great things next season.</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Ashlesh wrote:
    they have been regular in knock out phase of AFC cup once in semis so this time much better finals 

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Still. Most of those players are old and dont expect Armando to be able to just bring youth in and have those youth integrate into the squad like that. It will take time. I expect another semi-final appearance from Dempo at best. Or if we are in the AFC Champions League again I expect Dempo to be the first Indian club to make the Group Stage but no further.</font></div>
  • Ashlesh wrote:
    youth players were training with seniors from last season so it wont be difficult for these player to play in seniors currently looking at likes of brian romeo micky mandar shallum jovito and even myron and aniston will be back before sesaon start these player good in 2 season they will be better than dempo current squad even romeo and brian we have seen have fast their dribbling skills are and against west asian clubs that works 

<br><div><br></div><div>dont get to optimistic</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Honestly, at least this season, Dempo's success is due to veteran's only. True that ppl like antao came, but the kind of mistakes he made (the gift to Edmilson) will hurt his team if not improved. Also none of the the youngsters made big impression when they got chances... Salgaocar looks more ahead in this matter... we have heard about youth power long, lets only believe when they do that in I League.<br><br>Given by youth reports, we thought when our u16,19 will play for India they will take the world by storm!!!<br><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><div id="refHTML"></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    And going by the results - http://www.goa-fa.com/league.php?id=3<br><br>Dempo u20 looks at par with SCG, Salgaocar etc.<br><br>SCG looking very good there<br><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><div id="refHTML"></div>
  • Yep. Very comparable Dempo and Salgaocar. Plus you cant really say for sure that most of the u20 squad will be in the team next year. Like @Rudra said, this is a Dempo team full of veterans. Sure they are all at old age but they are still good enough to play like champions in I-League. You will probably see at least 2-3 u20 players break into the Dempo I-League squad next season. Although expect around 7-10 in the state league.<div><br></div><div>As for Romeo Fernandes. Send him on loan to a small club, maybe ONGC or Air India where he will 100% be starting (mind you that ONGC have Jatin Singh and Yusa so Romeo will have to fight for the starting 11)</div>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    hopefully dempo will get good draw for afc cup,no uzbeck teams in group
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    usaindia wrote:
    hopefully dempo will get good draw for afc cup,no uzbeck teams in group

<br><div><br></div><div>Common they are the best team india could have to represent i-league....i want them to qualify for champions league..</div><div>it is better to be knocked out in first round of CL than afc cup knock out stage...</div><div><br></div><div>As this could give those indian players a good visibilty for other league teams as well</div>