FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9309 Points
    Expanded world cup is just to bring China. Other countries that will be in contention for the spots are UAE, Oman, Syria, Iraq, Uzbekistan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Vietnam and Thailand 
    giridharangoalkeeparsouravindiaindian_gooner
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6741 Points
    ashindia said:
    Expanded world cup is just to bring China. Other countries that will be in contention for the spots are UAE, Oman, Syria, Iraq, Uzbekistan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Vietnam and Thailand 
    8+1/3. Possibility of 9 teams from AFC for 2026 World Cup & we can't rule out teams like Jordan & North Korea.
    ashindia
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29661 Points
    India can never make it to WC unless fifa expands it to 90 teams with 20 slots to Asia 
    ashindiamohammed_87hassanmunna219777souravindiaDeb_BanRonny
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3962 Points
    Well I agree we are far behind and won't make it into top 8. There is no questions of us facing teams like UAE, NK, Syria, Iraq, Uzbekistan But I think in 4 years time we can definitely be in a position where we are not pushovers with Asian teams like Kuwait, Bahrain, Jordan and Thailand. We were losing on close margins to these teams and were losing due to not so much intelligence and our squad being the youngest. I think if we try hard even China/Vietnam is not that way off. On our day we can beat these teams. We should not be scared of these teams in my opinion. If we establish ourselves by winning against these teams then we have like a outside shot perhaps in the 2030 edition.
    indian_goonergoalkeepar
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6741 Points
    Japan 2-1 defeated Spain and topped the table. Spain  advanced as runners up due to superior goal difference. Germany despite winning last game 4-2 eliminated due to GB. 2nd time in a row,  they are eliminated from group stage.

Excellent defense from Japan. Good win for Japan & Asian football
    giridharanashindiamunna219777souravindiaindian_goonergoalkeepar
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    What a crazy 2 hours of football

At half time, Spain and Germany were going in
    At around 70', Japan and Costa Rica were going in

Finally, it's Japan and Spain.
    giridharanmunna219777Deb_Banindian_goonerthebeautifulgame
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    Japan and Australia both have local coaches. No fancy European.

Japan probably have the best bunch of coaches for an AFC country. They've invested a lot in youth development and coach development.

I hope we get them in AFC Asian Cup and they trash us 5-0 or 6-0. Will be a wakeup call for Federation to take football seriously
    munna219777Deb_Banindian_goonergoalkeepar
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    India can never make it to WC unless fifa expands it to 90 teams with 20 slots to Asia 
    Yeh we'll forget we even had this discussion a few weeks after world cup ends. AIFF probably hates world cup too because everyone comes to know about their incompetency 
    munna219777Deb_Banindian_goonergoalkeepar
  • RonnyRonny 10474 Points
    Tight slap to Spain..so happy every time a European team looses...
  • ok watched the japan spain hls
    1st Spain goal - The disadvantage of short Japaneese height got exposed. Alvaro Morata jumps over the Japan defence to an easy finish.
    1st Japan goal - Poor goalkeeping error from Unai Simon. I think De Gea being a good shot stopper would have saved that.
    2nd Japan goal - The ball was out of the line. We can see that clearly. What is the purpose of VAR technology then?

Yes I'm happy that an Asian team won but it shouldn't be due to some refreeing errors. 
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777