FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar

Comments

• BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    Before every match, I keep thinking that it's a step too far for Morocco considering all the injuries to key players, but they keep pulling it off.

Deb_Banmunna219777
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Happy to see Morocco and Croatia in semi finals but I really hope there isn’t a repeat of Greece from Euro 2004. 
    Deb_Ban
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6469 Points
    It may repeat because Argentina & France are NOT unbeatable.  France is not upto the standards against England, but scored two brilliant goals and France is lucky , otherwise Kane could have scored that penalty. 

Even Argentina is struggled once Netherlands started pulling gears. If we take out Messi, no one can create any chances for Argentina. 

Though I wish either Morocco/Croatia could sneak into final for the betterment of Football.  I will be sad if Argentina didn't lift the trophy. If not Argentina,  would want France to lift due to Liverpool & Spurs connection. 
    indian_gooner
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    After Japan's terrible penalties that led to them losing out to Croatia, JFA have already prioritised penalty taking in their syllabus.

Penalty shootouts will also be imposed on youth friendly matches regardless of the scoreline, so that players can practise penalties while they are physically drained after matches.

And that is why the likes of Japan are so far ahead of us. Here in Maldives, the Elite Academy has been "Ready to start operations next month" since 2019.
    thebeautifulgamesouravindiamohammed_87hassandev_pfcgiridharanindian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29618 Points
    edited December 2022
    Vamos Argentina!!

What a performance by Leo Messi--a total one-man show!!

Scored one goal and assisted the other two. The way he turned Gvardiol inside out and left him for dead in the run-up to the second goal--incredible!! I really hope people stop questioning his commitment to the Argentina national team after this

Heart goes out to the other LM10--Luka Modric who rolled back the years and gave everything for the team but could not get his team over the line
    souravindiamunna219777indian_gooner
  • Boalha said:
    After Japan's terrible penalties that led to them losing out to Croatia, JFA have already prioritised penalty taking in their syllabus.

Penalty shootouts will also be imposed on youth friendly matches regardless of the scoreline, so that players can practise penalties while they are physically drained after matches.

And that is why the likes of Japan are so far ahead of us. Here in Maldives, the Elite Academy has been "Ready to start operations next month" since 2019.
    actually I noticed that some club friendlies going on now has penalty shootout even after the game is finished and a winner is already there. We need to implement this in our states,2nd div leagues also.
  • ChughsesChughses ohio4 Points
    messi has just been in the zone this whole world cup after a great start to the season for PSG. he is truly becoming an assist machine and why i bet on alvarez to be top scorer. i think if they did not mess around from the start and play alvarez he would have 5-6 goals given messi attracts defense in and he goes over the top. also fox in box more so than lautaro. 
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    I think that France has enough cavalry to win the finals 
    It is going to be a defensive affair. Expect 1-1 at the end of Regulation time and some Mbappe- Griezmann magic either just before 90 min or in extra time to win it.
    Argentina is a good defensive side but they have a tendency to get yellow cards. France will hurt them in this area with their speedy counter attacks.
    Sargentina will find it difficult to hold formidable offensive unit of France 
    Bench strength - France has youngsters who can come and score.
    Not sure about Argentina bench strength although Dybala is there. 

ashindiaRonnygoalkeepar
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Argentina results have come against average opponents. Only big team they played was Netherlands who took them to penalties 
    munna219777goalkeeparDeb_Ban