Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• samsam 16526 Points
    Oops didn't see the @Deb_Ban  one!!
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    edited July 2016
    Now, if I remember correctly, Daniel Bedemi came to maidan in 2005 (most probably) or 2006. Saw him in Independence Cup ( it's a common name for all the 'khep' matches played on 15th August). I don't exactly remember the details of the match ( not possible for a 10 YO kid though ) but the name 'Daniel Bidemi' remained with me; as he was the first ever foreigner I had witnessed playing in our locality.
    His age on wiki now. 28. Wow! Don't know what to say. Perhaps I have aged a tad too fast.
    He used to play as a defender for MSC. In his Chirag days, Subrata Bhattacharya started using him as a support for Muritala Ali in the death minutes to churn out some goals. 
    Seems like he has completely turned himself into a forward now. Another wow! 
    Deb_Bannamewthelddeepakcsanvedjadhavreddevil87munna219777kartik91
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Like how you put the 'Independence Cup's in context.
    deepakc
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    @Baberto: it is not that you have aged too fast; it is Daniel, and the likes of him, who have not aged at all. :D
    Now that you mentioned it, I remember the Subrata-Bidemi combo in Chirag United. And there is nothing to be surprised about these footballers: they are multitaskers!
    And wow! you were 10 in 2005; so, born in 1995--the year I  appeared for my ICSE, was learning the ways of the world and was listening to, enthralled, 'tip tip barsa pani' (Mohra-1994) and 'jati hoon main, jaldi hai kya' (Karan Arjun-1995).
    deepakcNagendrareddevil87munna219777kartik91
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    Which school were you in, Sir? I am also a student of ICSE board. Though curriculums were a lot different then, I guess.
    I was in St. Xavier's, Durgapur. Did you have Julius Caesar? You can can call me Ramit-da (Ramit Das).
    archak
    Plz don't call me Sir.
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    So EB allegedly falling back on "Khep" players Ramit Da - aka Prof. RamD ! :p 

From Odafa Okolie to Diamondstar (MB heroes)--all have played 'khep' at some point of time.  And we pay all these players--they did not have to take recourse to FIFA for their payments :D
    namewtheld
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Yea, so see the transition  - from Khep to players who have recently played in COPA.

On the flip side - from Tolgay to Barisic to Chidih to Ranti to Dhong-Dhong to Orok-Orok to Adelaja to Bidemi!!! 

Which one looks better Prof Ram D ?  Well.... ur guess is as good as mine! :D :D