Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited December 2012

munna21977
    Well East Bengal has a proud history. 2003 ASEAN CUP-so many fans lined up at streets and airport to welcome players. I remember Bhowmick was coach and players like Baichung, Bijen, Mike Okoro, Alvito.  Now the club and fans just dont care about asian level.

Just hope that with easier teams to play in afc cup group stage we can do something better than last few years,so that more fans start to take it more seriusly.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > munna21977 said:
    > > Well East Bengal has a proud history. 2003 ASEAN CUP-so many fans lined up at streets and airport to welcome players. I remember Bhowmick was coach and players like Baichung, Bijen, Mike Okoro, Alvito.  Now the club and fans just dont care about asian level.

>
    >

Its sad really but not surprising. If East Bengal actually cared about the AFC Cup and played there best when it came it came to it then the fans might start caring again.

TRUE That!!

but i am bit surprised that a english manager is not giving best for a continetal championship which is given equal importance in his home country

Happy Birthday to Harmanjot Singh Khabra

HK7

Three tweets that caught my eye

"eastbengal to make a deal with Penn with a increment of 30% payment.Mehtab already signed for upto 2014-15."

"Rumor is that, eastbengal is willing to try for Jeje as Jeje's contract with punefc ends on May, 2013."

"Asian quota striker Borisich would comeon Christmas eve. eastbengal coach gonna check him in CFL match."

All by @indianfootball_

• munna21977munna21977 2 Points
    edited December 2012

Jeje will have tough competition and will have to start in bench at East bengal. Jeje should rather go to Dempo or even better Aizawl FC. I would like to see Jeje captaining Aizawl FC next year in I-league.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> munna21977 said:
    > Jeje will have tough competition and will have to start in bench at East bengal. Jeje should rather go to Dempo or even better Aizawl FC. I would like to see Jeje captaining Aizawl FC next year in I-league.

why aizawl??? if NE club then we have SLFC who are looking somewhat settled in the league will be better place...
    but i doubt pune fc will leave him... may be they will try to sign him again
  • Ya, I doubt Pune FC are that dumb.

• Just watched the full East Bengal-Prayag United match. Really great game. It took awhile to get used to the lack of crowd (on show on TV) which is what actually got me to tears last week (that passion... it gets you excited).

Anyway onto the game. Prayag United looked much, much better than they did for the last few weeks. Their play is much more fluid and a lot less rushed than in previous games. Before Prayag would take the ball, hump it up the pitch in the hope that Ranti, the target man, would get it and do his magic. This time the "Dutch passing" that Eelco promised almost fully showed. Prayag were not Barcelona or Arsenal. They had their moments of rushing to get the ball away, Bello Razak's lack of group passing awareness and instead going for the long ball and the fact that some players slow the game down. But, in the end, it was a much better product on the pitch than before and thus, Prayag got their reward. Elsewhere for Prayag the spider-man made an appearance. 

After a rough start to the season Subrata Pal may have just found his form. He really looked good against East Bengal. Not to say that the threat was coming back again and again but Subrata looked more like an enforcer, someone who would striker fear into your limbs. 

As for East Bengal. The defense was brilliant again. I barely noticed Ranti Martins till the 60th minute. To do that is great and I give credit to Trevor Morgan and the fitness coach as well for being able to provide East Bengal with the same back 4 of Naoba-Arnab-Uga-Dey for every game so far this season and the results have shown. Perhaps if East Bengal had more attack then they would have won and gotten another clean-sheet.

For Bengal their problem was attack. It was good but when I look at East Bengal in the final 3rd I see only one man with the ball, Chidi Edeh. He is a striker, not a provider yet when he has the ball he is on the wings. Where is Ishfaq Ahmed? Where was Harmanjot Khabra? Mehtab Hussain and Penn Orji saw the ball but in midfield, why did they not go up to help more? Lots of tactical mistakes. Manandeep Singh could have had a hat-trick today if East Bengal had a player who would either go on the wings or get close to help Edeh. Manandeep was right there most times on the edge of the middle of the box. Get it to his feet, the defenders are drawn away and boom, just need to beat the keeper which someone like Manandeep can do. 

Overall I feel that East Bengal need some more help. The return of Sanju Pradhan is great but Trevor Morgan needs to make some changes to his starting XI. First off, bench Ishfaq Ahmed and start Sanju Pradhan. Have a midfield of Sanju and Harmanjot on the wings with Mehtab and Penn in the middle. Have Lalrindika come on later as a sub. 

Also tactically, never have your 2 forwards in a 4-4-2 (or 4-2-2-2 or whatever with 2 forwards) go to the wings. Have the midfield wingers push up. Chidi Edeh cant cross or pass into the box to save his life. 
  • > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Just watched the full East Bengal-Prayag United match. Really great game. It took awhile to get used to the lack of crowd (on show on TV) which is what actually got me to tears last week (that passion... it gets you excited).Anyway onto the game. Prayag United looked much, much better than they did for the last few weeks. Their play is much more fluid and a lot less rushed than in previous games. Before Prayag would take the ball, hump it up the pitch in the hope that Ranti, the target man, would get it and do his magic. This time the "Dutch passing" that Eelco promised almost fully showed. Prayag were not Barcelona or Arsenal. They had their moments of rushing to get the ball away, Bello Razak's lack of group passing awareness and instead going for the long ball and the fact that some players slow the game down. But, in the end, it was a much better product on the pitch than before and thus, Prayag got their reward. Elsewhere for Prayag the spider-man made an appearance. After a rough start to the season Subrata Pal may have just found his form. He really looked good against East Bengal. Not to say that the threat was coming back again and again but Subrata looked more like an enforcer, someone who would striker fear into your limbs.As for East Bengal. The defense was brilliant again. I barely noticed Ranti Martins till the 60th minute. To do that is great and I give credit to Trevor Morgan and the fitness coach as well for being able to provide East Bengal with the same back 4 of Naoba-Arnab-Uga-Dey for every game so far this season and the results have shown. Perhaps if East Bengal had more attack then they would have won and gotten another clean-sheet.For Bengal their problem was attack. It was good but when I look at East Bengal in the final 3rd I see only one man with the ball, Chidi Edeh. He is a striker, not a provider yet when he has the ball he is on the wings. Where is Ishfaq Ahmed? Where was Harmanjot Khabra? Mehtab Hussain and Penn Orji saw the ball but in midfield, why did they not go up to help more? Lots of tactical mistakes. Manandeep Singh could have had a hat-trick today if East Bengal had a player who would either go on the wings or get close to help Edeh. Manandeep was right there most times on the edge of the middle of the box. Get it to his feet, the defenders are drawn away and boom, just need to beat the keeper which someone like Manandeep can do. Overall I feel that East Bengal need some more help. The return of Sanju Pradhan is great but Trevor Morgan needs to make some changes to his starting XI. First off, bench Ishfaq Ahmed and start Sanju Pradhan. Have a midfield of Sanju and Harmanjot on the wings with Mehtab and Penn in the middle. Have Lalrindika come on later as a sub. Also tactically, never have your 2 forwards in a 4-4-2 (or 4-2-2-2 or whatever with 2 forwards) go to the wings. Have the midfield wingers push up. Chidi Edeh cant cross or pass into the box to save his life

EXCELLENT EFFORT AT ANALYZING THE GAME, I hope more follow in Rohan's footsteps and have discussions on game analysis, player analysis. Thanks for taking the time and effort to write this out. 

• About TJM's strategy of not starting with Dika befuddles many including some of the foreign coaches in Calcutta at this time. I'd start with Dika and bring Ishfaq later on, that too if Dika tires out. Ishfaq has better defensive qualities than Dika but is woefully inaccurate with his passing.