Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• > projenator said:
    > About TJM's strategy of not starting with Dika befuddles many including some of the foreign coaches in Calcutta at this time. I'd start with Dika and bring Ishfaq later on, that too if Dika tires out. Ishfaq has better defensive qualities than Dika but is woefully inaccurate with his passing.

I agree but only if Sanju Pradhan is not an option. Its an 11 man team here. You have the goalkeeper, the four defenders and the two strikers in Edeh and Manandeep. That is 4 places left. Mehtab Hossian and Penn Orji are automatically starters while Harmanjot is also an automatic choice. Now their is one spot left... you can either put Sanju Pradhan there, Ishfaq Ahmed, or Lalrindika Ralte in that position.

Ishfaq Ahmed is automatically benched (at least to me). Then you are left with either Lalrindika or Sanju. If Sanju is fit I would play him ahead of Lalrindika and then bring on Dika as a sub. For now that can work as Dika is still young. That may be a problem next season as Hossain (if he is currently 26 years old, I am not sure exactly) would be in his prime. Penn is not leaving and he is youngish, as is Harmanjot and Sanju. I find it hard to believe that Dika can get into the team unless Hossain is 30 years old like FIFA 13 says so Dika can automatically break into the team ahead of a what-would be aging Hossain.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@Arsenalkid700 @projenator i think i know why isfak playes ahed of dika.

tjm wants players to work hard on defending a atack. if u see dika play he does not. sanju also.

• > Joyptan said:
    > @Arsenalkid700 @projenator i think i know why isfak playes ahed of dika.
    >
    > tjm wants players to work hard on defending a atack. if u see dika play he does not. sanju also.

What do you mean by "defending an attack". East Bengal does not need defense, they need offense more. I think we can look back and see how much of a low-scoring side this is. 0-0 to Sporting Goa. 1-0 to United Sikkim. 1-0 to Pune. 1-1 to Dempo. 1-0 to Salgaocar.

Other than matches against Air India, ONGC, and Churchill Brothers you guys have been quiet in front of goal. Sanju provides speed, an ability to shoot, cross and he can pass to create a chance. He is the perfect man to have on the wings at East Bengal. 

Arsenalkid700
    > Joyptan said:

> @Arsenalkid700 @projenator i think i know why isfak playes ahed of dika.
    >
    > tjm wants players to work hard on defending a atack. if u see dika play he does not. sanju also.

What do you mean by "defending an attack". East Bengal does not need defense, they need offense more. I think we can look back and see how much of a low-scoring side this is. 0-0 to Sporting Goa. 1-0 to United Sikkim. 1-0 to Pune. 1-1 to Dempo. 1-0 to Salgaocar.

Other than matches against Air India, ONGC, and Churchill Brothers you guys have been quiet in front of goal. Sanju provides speed, an ability to shoot, cross and he can pass to create a chance. He is the perfect man to have on the wings at East Bengal. 

I'm not sayin what should be done or not just given the reason why dika isn't getting more chance.

• > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > projenator said:
    > > About TJM's strategy of not starting with Dika befuddles many including some of the foreign coaches in Calcutta at this time. I'd start with Dika and bring Ishfaq later on, that too if Dika tires out. Ishfaq has better defensive qualities than Dika but is woefully inaccurate with his passing.
    >
    >

I agree but only if Sanju Pradhan is not an option. Its an 11 man team here. You have the goalkeeper, the four defenders and the two strikers in Edeh and Manandeep. That is 4 places left. Mehtab Hossian and Penn Orji are automatically starters while Harmanjot is also an automatic choice. Now their is one spot left... you can either put Sanju Pradhan there, Ishfaq Ahmed, or Lalrindika Ralte in that position.

Ishfaq Ahmed is automatically benched (at least to me). Then you are left with either Lalrindika or Sanju. If Sanju is fit I would play him ahead of Lalrindika and then bring on Dika as a sub. For now that can work as Dika is still young. That may be a problem next season as Hossain (if he is currently 26 years old, I am not sure exactly) would be in his prime. Penn is not leaving and he is youngish, as is Harmanjot and Sanju. I find it hard to believe that Dika can get into the team unless Hossain is 30 years old like FIFA 13 says so Dika can automatically break into the team ahead of a what-would be aging Hossain.

It's a no brainer why TJM likes Ishfaq ahead of Dika. Ishfaq is more balanced defensively and offensively than Dika but Ishfaq is terrible with his passing sense. I have seen Ishfaq more years than TJM has and I know very well Ishfaq as a player. I'd play Sanju too if fully but just fYi sanju among all EB midfielders has zero defensive quality, also he is at best a 75 minute player.  I'd also play Mehtab if fully fit, he is defensively very good and also decent enough with this passing, at least better than Ishfaq and Khabra. The only negative I can think of Mehtab is his being injury prone but he puts in a lot of effort for the team Khabra has excellent heading ability and defensively good but his passing and position sense is inferior to dika, penn, mehtab, sanju in that order. 

Since EB has deficiencies upfront, I'd play Dika in place of Khabra for the first hour and then bring on Khabra for the last 30 minutes or so when mostly long balls are played, that would be better use of his heading ability. That being said, Khabra would then be missed for the set pieces where his heading ability comes in handy.  Sanju also needs replacement after 70/75 minutes.

projenator said:

It's a no brainer why TJM likes Ishfaq ahead of Dika. Ishfaq is more balanced defensively and offensively than Dika but Ishfaq is terrible with his passing sense. I have seen Ishfaq more years than TJM has and I know very well Ishfaq as a player. I'd play Sanju too if fully but just fYi sanju among all EB midfielders has zero defensive quality, also he is at best a 75 minute player.  I'd also play Mehtab if fully fit, he is defensively very good and also decent enough with this passing, at least better than Ishfaq and Khabra. The only negative I can think of Mehtab is his being injury prone but he puts in a lot of effort for the team Khabra has excellent heading ability and defensively good but his passing and position sense is inferior to dika, penn, mehtab, sanju in that order. 

Since EB has deficiencies upfront, I'd play Dika in place of Khabra for the first hour and then bring on Khabra for the last 30 minutes or so when mostly long balls are played, that would be better use of his heading ability. That being said, Khabra would then be missed for the set pieces where his heading ability comes in handy.  Sanju also needs replacement after 70/75 minutes.

Exactly why ishfak playes ahed of dika becaus he is more balenced. but i think ishfak has nothing to give us. i whould play sanju/dika allways. but khabra,because of him & mehtab our defeders have much less defending to do.

my ideal line up whould be 4-3-2-1

naoba,arnab,okpara,soumik

lobo,mehtab,khabra

sanju/dika,penn

stricker like ranti/odafa not chidi.

So uga okpara is out of next 2 i-league games with a 2 match ban by aiff. Now this raju's chance to stake a claim in 1st XI,which he shoud grab with both hands or probably with both legs. Because gurbindar is also out with injury.

• What if i told you that Raju started in the Federation Cup final.

Btw gurwinder is also going with the team. So lets see who starts alongside arnab.

• > Joyptan said:
    > Btw gurwinder is also going with the team. So lets see who starts alongside arnab.

Raju over Gurwinder