Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• usaindia wrote:

Playing in the NAIA wont get him into MLS or the 2nd and 3rd Divisions. Maybe the USL PDL but that is it and the I-League is better than the 4th Division of America.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Fitness and Physique :-

Indian Players seriously need to improve these two and clubs play a important role here.When your physically fit you can give your maximum potential.But unfortunately we are really bad in this.

A footballer needs to have a bulls stamina to play in same tempo for 120 mins(not 90 mahn).

Clubs need to make sure they appoint qualified personnel and have the equipment,Infra to make this possible.

Also scouting needs to improve,for good sake players need to be physically strong and for certain position you need height too only then can we do well at International level remember we are amongst the physically weakest teams in a physically weakest continent called Asia.
  • @arsenalfan, there has been lot of things which we don't see which are must to become a professional footballer. one of them is diet..I wonder if indian young boys are fed well in academies of india where half of the children are malnourished described as shame by the PM himself.
    since you are an academy cadet yourself , can you give details about the diet you get in US? how much one is given to eat? what stuffs are there?how it helps you?
    Moreover, how is your time table in US soccer academy?
    when are you playing,training,gym session,education?
  • @jitinjoseph to answer your questions.

1) How much is one given to eat?
    Answer: Well on a normal day I would wake up and have some cereal (just normal plane cereal, nothing in it), not much either and some sugarless orange juice (I hate it), lunch is just a normal sandwich with P&J in it and a snack bar along with water to drink. Then for snack I have another granolla bar and for dinner I would usually have pasta (my coach stresses to me to have dinner at 8:30 ALL THE TIME, no other time, mainly because it would keep me full for the rest of the night), and for desert I have my one piece of chocolate for the day.

2) What stuffs are there?
    Answer: I dont know what you are asking here to be honest but I will provide this link my coach showed me... http://www.livestrong.com/article/233490-pro-soccer-diet/

3) How it helps me?
    Answer: At first it was brutal. I was used to my old routine of a bunch of Indian food for lunch and dinner but that had to end and my performance went down because I was not eating as much as I was used to but after a few weeks I got more relaxed and instead of water for dinner I drink this sugarless soda and it fills me up a lot. Also note that after the season I went back to what I used to eat and it gave me cramps and pains in my chest. One day I felt I might have a heart attack so I had to mix it up per day and limit my Indian food to just twice a week. It did help in the end.

4) My time table?
    Answer: As for my playing schedule I would wake up go to school and go to practice from 4:00 to 7:00 pm. I would come home, do my homework and sleep. On the weekend and holiday I would sleep till 12 noon and go to practice at 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm then I would relax downtown till 7:00pm in which I would take my second session of the day (this time indoor) till 9:00pm. I would come home and sleep. That is basically it for me.

Hope this answers your question mate. :D
  • @arsenalfan, got it,the link said it all though its not indian but thats is required instead of eating masala dosa,rice,samosa,jilebi,ummm,, :P

few qusetions based on above
    1. what is P&J? peanut,jam??
    2.granolla bar?
    3.don't you go for gym session in the morning?
  • 1) P&J is peanut butter and jelly

2) http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/products/878

3) I only do gym sessions in the mornings (and afternoons) during the offseason.
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited March 2012
    PREMIER SCHOOL SOCCER LEAGUE

India is divided in to numerous zones and top rated foreign clubs are given each zone/city for conducting school leagues there.These leagues wont be for short period but prolonged ones similar to the blackburn city league

[The Nagpur U-12 inter-school league at present comprises 12 city schools with the matches happening every Saturday. The league, which is based on a format similar to that of Premier Leagues in Europe, promises to get bigger and better.

"We plan to spend about Rs 1,200 per player per season. We have a proper team at place which will spot the talented kids for further grooming which will happen in Pune. From the selected lads, we'll further raise the bar and pick up a group of boys who'll be trained at Blackburn Academy in England," revealed Singh.]

The final leg will be played between champion teams from each zone/city representing each
    foreign club.All foreign clubs participating in this league are given marketing concessions in the country or in their zone.All other foreign clubs will have marketing restrictions ( donno if that can be done).AIFF will monitor each foreign club -their way of conducting the school league -scouting, training ......etc..If its not satisfying, a new club can take its position after each year.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    ajmal wrote:

India is divided in to numerous zones and top rated foreign clubs are given each zone/city for conducting school leagues there.These leagues wont be for short period but prolonged ones similar to the blackburn city league

[The Nagpur U-12 inter-school league at present comprises 12 city schools with the matches happening every Saturday. The league, which is based on a format similar to that of Premier Leagues in Europe, promises to get bigger and better.

"We plan to spend about Rs 1,200 per player per season. We have a proper team at place which will spot the talented kids for further grooming which will happen in Pune. From the selected lads, we'll further raise the bar and pick up a group of boys who'll be trained at Blackburn Academy in England," revealed Singh.]

The final leg will be played between champion teams from each zone/city representing each
    foreign club.All foreign clubs participating in this league are given marketing concessions in the country or in their zone.All other foreign clubs will have marketing restrictions ( donno if that can be done).AIFF will monitor each foreign club -their way of conducting the school league -scouting, training ......etc..If its not satisfying, a new club can take its position after each year.

Excellent Ajmal,really makes sense man.Also these schools need to have a licensed coach along with proper grounds.
  • ajmal wrote:

Its good but now we need the foreign clubs to come in and agree to this. Obviously Barcelona, Manchester United, Arsenal etc can use this as a great marketing tool but what about other clubs to take up the other inter-school leagues. Also what cities should be used.

I think if this tournament begins in say 2013 then it could be like this...

Foreign clubs: Blackburn Rovers FC, Manchester United FC, FC Barcelona, Chelsea FC, Arsenal FC, Real Madrid CF, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Juventus FC, Bayern Munich.

Cities: Nagpur (already BRFC's), Bangalore, Kolkata, Goa (All of the state because of its size), Shillong, Aizawl, Delhi, Kochi, Chennai, Hyderabad

Good idea though and should be considered for AIFF as well.
  • The Indian Premier Development League (3rd Division of Football in India)

Basically this shall be based of the 4th Division of the United States (USL Premier Development Academy) which main goal is to develop the talent of tomorrow.

This should be the top amateur league in India. It should involve only CLUB TEAMS not STATE TEAMS! This should be franchised based and be based on expansion. Also this should be fully u23. Also this shall be regionally based. Every team shall play only teams within its region for 16 games then they shall join the rest in the national play-offs to determine who has the best developmental team in India.

Every team should only have a 20-man roster. 16 of the 20 players must be under the age of 23 (thus the name "Development League") The other 4 can be over the age of 20 BUT not over the age of 35. Also you are only allowed to have 2 foreigners on your squad. 1 of which can be on the pitch.

Again this should be split into regional leagues. The North-East region. The North-region. The South Region. The West Region. BUT then those regions should be split into 2 more leagues so in the end it would be this.

The Eastern North-East Division. The Western North-East Division. And so on.

Also every I-League team should be required to have a team in here INSTEAD of the state league so that more teams can be exposed to there state league.