Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    The Indian Premier Development League (3rd Division of Football in India)

Basically this shall be based of the 4th Division of the United States (USL Premier Development Academy) which main goal is to develop the talent of tomorrow.

This should be the top amateur league in India. It should involve only CLUB TEAMS not STATE TEAMS! This should be franchised based and be based on expansion. Also this should be fully u23. Also this shall be regionally based. Every team shall play only teams within its region for 16 games then they shall join the rest in the national play-offs to determine who has the best developmental team in India.

Every team should only have a 20-man roster. 16 of the 20 players must be under the age of 23 (thus the name "Development League") The other 4 can be over the age of 20 BUT not over the age of 35. Also you are only allowed to have 2 foreigners on your squad. 1 of which can be on the pitch.

Again this should be split into regional leagues. The North-East region. The North-region. The South Region. The West Region. BUT then those regions should be split into 2 more leagues so in the end it would be this.

The Eastern North-East Division. The Western North-East Division. And so on.

Also every I-League team should be required to have a team in here INSTEAD of the state league so that more teams can be exposed to there state league.

This league seems to be a distant dream as far as i see because first of all we need to have a stable 1st and 2nd division league then shall we think of having this developmental league ...
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    True that, we need a concrete division q first
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So who is ready for this suggestion...</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>A DRESS CODE FOR COACHES!</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think I am just not used to it but I saw the HAL vs Mohun Bagan game at the Salt Lake Stadium via computer and I saw the HAL coach wearing an <b>ALL PINK JUMPER SUIT! WTF!</b> Then you got Jamil wearing some weird shirt and Morgan who looks like he is at training. Then you watch EPL, MLS, A-League and J.League and you see the coaches wearing suits and jackets. I dont know but to me I think in order to make the fans feel a little more like they are at a true Euro like Pro Football match maybe we should force the coaches to wear either a suit or team jacket with dress pants. I dont know. It may only be me but I am just not used to pink jumpers in a game.</font></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Honestly, in all those Euro leagues when I see nail biting and animated coaches wearing suits, they look equally funny to me...
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Coach in the team jersey variant is the best in my opinion. Jacket does look funny on coaches
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Ya bt the euro club coaches r calld managers n the pro clubs r like companies. So jackets go wid it
  • Still I dont see it as pro at all. Again though, I am just not used to it. I mean I see a game with Karim in it and he is standing there in a blue/yellow shirt and some jeans and all I am thinking is... "Is this some random father league with amateurs" because those are the people I see do that.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I too like to see some dress code for manager(or coach as in india) but it wont look good for the i-league matches i feel as there is no professional environment in the game to make it look good</font>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    <b>Originally Posted by @arsenalfan<;/b><div><span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); ">Reports have said that the Kerala Football Association has plans to restart there football league next year. In all honesty I am doubting they know how they will reopen it. I thought this might be the right time to discuss here how they should open it and maybe, if possible, we could somehow get this to the KFA. Yes I am in a fantasy world as I doubt that the KFA would get this but why not. Anyway we have all seen the opening of the Bengal Premier League Soccer and Nagaland Premier League and we also know other state leagues like the Goa Pro League and Kolkata Football League. So sense we all know how they work and how Kerala Football is today it should not be hard to decide which format the Kerala Football Association should use.</span><br style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); "><br style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); "><span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); ">Anyway to me I think the KFA should stay strictly to the Nagaland Premier League type league. A league which focuses on spreading football all around the state and focusing on bringing up the youth. Sure the other state leagues like Goa, Bengal etc have more popularity but the NPL is the best format for a state looking to develop in football. Anyway Kerala currently have 341 clubs affiliated with the KFA. Most of them are no where near SEMI-PRO. But they can surely get 10 clubs to be pro.</span><br style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); "><br style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); "><span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); ">What they should do, in my opinion, is start a new league called the Kerala Professional League, with 10 teams, 2 from 5 districts, single table, no promotion and relegation.</span><br style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); "><br style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); "><span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); ">TEAMS: Thirumullavaram FC, Sai Kollam FC, Young United FC, Golden Threads FC, Eagles FC, Quartz SC, Kanimangalam FC, Cosmos SC.</span><br style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); "><br style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); "><span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); ">These teams do exist and I did research them before mentioning them. They seem to be the most pro clubs in Kerala. Of course I got some things wrong but this could be the base of the league.</span>
    </div>