Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    What hell is this mate.. I was lost for a moment.... I rechecked my calendar... 
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited March 2014
    What is this? Mixing up of HCL and Punjab Police? Punjab Police is Government organisation. Dont mess with the name as they have Football team also. A private party cannot use the name of government organisation, especially Police name, for their commercial purposes.
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    This should be satire .... has he lost sleep :p
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29722 Points
    This is him imagination
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    This should be satire .... has he lost sleep :p
    Yep. I have only had like 15 minutes of sleep and iwas on wiki... saw the name and liked... it was badass
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29722 Points
    Make more this type fictional clubs of future. I like to read the future of indian football
    My fantasy world... where things are actually goid.
    What is this? Mixing up of HCL and Punjab Police? Punjab Police is Government organisation. Dont mess with the name as they have Football team also. A private party cannot use the name of government organisation, especially Police name, for their commercial purposes.
    Why not? Is there a law saying that Punjab Police is only allowed for a one-time use by the government? Ludhiana FC would make a shit name. We already have Bengaluru FC, Pune FC, Mumbai FC, Shillong Lajong FC etc.

Just because the game seems a bit "American" does not make it bad and also just because a government uses it does not mean it can never be used. FC Punjab Police is such a badass name.
    This is F***ed up shit by my company(HCL). Ludhiana FC would made killer statement. 
    Why would HCL not do this? Does the company have to be based in the state the club is in?
    Okay, so, with the off-season here and the silly season also beginning I thought we could also dive into fantasy/"Be a football owner" world and basically use this thread to discuss what we believe should happen/what you want to happen, how it can/could work, and other stuff.

So, to start, Pune FC. Pune FC were once considered India's most professional club but as of the end of the 2013-14 I-League season they can now be looked at as the 2nd most professional side in the league. Second is not bad but when you consider what Bengaluru FC have done you wonder what it would take for Pune FC do the same. Bengaluru FC managed to draw sell-outs to all 12 of their home games this season, managed to keep and use 4 foreigners throught the season, the fans seemed to really have taken the club on their shoulders and overall the future looks bright. Pune FC on the other hand average around 3,000-5,000 fans a game at the Balewadi Sports Complex, most of whom are in on a free ticket or school. Their stadium is located outside of Pune and really the Balewadi area is depressing, there is not incentive for anyone to bother going to the place other than sports. No cafes, malls etc. You won't attract people that way.

So overall this does not look good at all. I know the excuse is that they don't have a trophy yet but as we saw with Bengaluru FC, if done right then we can draw fans to games. So what should they do? 

In my opinion, I recommend the Ashok Piramal Group take a risk.... a massive one. Re-launch the club. You are the only source for professional sports entertainment in Pune. No cricket, no hockey... nothing. So re-launch the team, keep the name and logo but try going to a popular mall like the Pune Central Mall and host an event in which you get the word of the team out to the people. Have the event be one where they treat it as if they are launching the team for the first time. Unveil the players, the uniforms, the logo again, sponsors, the head coach, and also, probably the hardest thing, have a special guest appear... a Bollywood actor or cricket player and have them be revealed as the "owner of the first season ticket for the new season".

And then announce the most ambitious project... a new Pune-metro based stadium. Balewadi Stadium is to far away from central Pune, there is nothing to do in Balewadi (as I saw when I went to Pune three years ago), and the stadium itself is not the best. A Pune-metro stadium is needed. A stadium that the main population of Pune can go to, one which college students can get to as well, and one where fans can do other activities before and after the game.

But what kind of stadium and where? I recommend either Deccan Gymkhana or Shivajinagar. Deccan Gymkhana is more of a sporty area of metro Pune. There is plenty of land there which a stadium can be made and there are major roads which allow fans to show from close by. Another location would be Shivajinagar. Home to the Pune Central Mall, the area is the heart of Pune. Many colleges are close by, the rail system goes through here, and there is a lot to do around the area.

In terms of what kind of stadium... something like this:

8,000 seats, fans are close to the action, a roof on one stand, and plenty of room for future expansion. This would also be quick and cheap to make. The stadium I posted here costed roughly $35,000,000 to make but that is only because of the extras they added like the indoor bars and stuff. I would not recommend that be done with a Pune Stadium. Make it simple, one tier, 8,000 seats, nothing extravigant.

Pune FC can make up their money in a variety of ways from this. First and obvious, the fans who go to games. I am positive that this can bring in new, paying fans and the atmosphere of a 5,000 crowd in a 8,000 seater would be incredable that they would want to come back and with other people as well. Second way is sponsorship. If the fan numbers are good then there would be companies willing to take advantage, specially with football being on the rise here. Of course I don't expect this to be massive but reasonable. And third, renting it out. Perhaps an international team like Manchester United or Juventus want to use the stadium for their "camps" or better... a pre-season camp. What about international events?

So ya, that is something I gave thought to but obviously I am sure I made a massive error somewhere in all this. I just don't like seeing Pune FC being in their current situation and Pune is a growing city with many major corporates setting shop there and the colleges attract people as well. I want them to do well and I believe this is the way to do it. Opinions and other suggestions are welcomed. :)