Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

1. broadcasting ...all the matches which can expect a capacity crowd only...no in empty stadium
    1. marketing....yes there shud be a event party in local clubs..discos...exe hotels with selected fans from a contest held..
  • I would not mind having the Duler Stadium host more games... same with Kalyani Stadium. Finally we are seeing the benefits of what smaller stadiums can do. The doubters were mistaken. 

However if the Fatorda Stadium is going to be as nice as you and many others say it will be then why not play the I-League matches there and have Goa Pro League matches at Tilak and Duler. We want the I-League to look good and quite frankly the Duler looks run down. Fatorda will be a much better venue if rumors are true.
  • > jitinjoseph said:
    > @arsenalkid...
    > 1. to improve the quality players shud be of little bit famous like harry kewell,shunsuke nakamura...the players we intended for that ipl style football lg...pires...why not old ronaldo?

Harry Kewell is hell bent on finding a club in England and that being Premier League or Championship. Not even Sydney FC could persuade him to stay in the A-League. Of couse that was family reasons as well.

Nakamura is 34 years old and a retired Japanese international yes but he is still a regular for Yokohama in the J. League where he played 34 games last season. He is still to good for I-League.

Robert Pires is as good as retired. Old Ronaldo is retired.
  • > Ashlesh said:
    > > jitinjoseph said:
    > > 2. broadcasting ...all the matches which can expect a capacity crowd only...no in empty stadium

duler always get 95% attendance and fatorda do get good crowd but size of stadium makes it look nothing 
    and what i heard about tilak they will get good crowd 

currently sikkim struggling to get crowd coz of their poor performance but once they win they will get good crowd same with mumbai in cooperage 

Mumbai will still struggle with the crowd even if the win the I-League. Same with Pune and that is why I got angry with the Chairmen of DSK statement.

Remember the Pune FC vs. Blackburn match. Look at all the marketing for that match that was done. Lots. Yet how many people attended. Yes it was a lot but it was not full capacity at the Balewadi Sports Complex. And that was for a Premier League side. A former Premier League champion team. That should tell you how far Pune and Mumbai are from being proper football markets.

The danger however is now because of promotion/relegation if one of these clubs are relegated they will most likely shut down. What is the point? All that investment for nothing.

Pune are doing the right thing with the free entry for school children. They will grow up watching Pune and hopefully as time goes by that will create benefits. Specially with an Academy that can grow local players. Same with Mumbai FC. 

That is also why I dont like Dodsal or DSK. They talk and talk about the huge crowds they will be able to obtain. These stadiums they will build and these players they will bring and all that. They will be overwhelmed at how far they are off from being right.
  • > Ashlesh said:
    > and about fatorda i would keep it for Churchill because personally i want to get feel of real goan derby between dempo and Churchill 

at duler this time around we can expect something like that coz mapusa and panjim people are just crazy for dempo and if Churchill arrange few buses and get fans than it will be great
    but bottom line is goa have 3 good stadium under work why not speed up work and take advantage of them 

If you guys can do that then make it happen. As of this moment both Tilak and Duler are not suitable long-term stadiums. Potentially they can do it but not fully.
  • Again that is all good but can you guys maybe expand on it (extra stand) to make it an enclosed stadium. Also, of course, the TV stand is needed, and a hard paint job.

Overall the Duler Stadium needs a major renovation if it can be a long-term stadium. Fatorda can be used temporarily it Sporting or Dempo are that serious.
  • By the way. Here are the marquee players I would recommend:

1) Thomas Broich (Age 32): Midfielder. Currently plays for the Brisbane Roar in the A-League. He is a former Germany "B" international and a former regular in the German Bundesliga. This season in the A-League he only has 19 caps with 2 goals.

2) Keiji Tamada (Age 32): Forward. Currently plays for Nagoya Grampus in the J. League. He is a former Japanese international (2004-2010) with 16 goals in 72 appearances. He only played 25 matches last season out of over 35. Basically his J. League career is almost over. He would be a welcome in India.

3) Grégory Pujol (Age 33): Forward. Currently plays for Valenciennes FC in Ligue 1 (France). He is not that notable. He was a regular Ligue 1 player but now barely plays. He only has 13 caps this season (8 being starts) and 5 goals. He scored 17 in Ligue 1 in 2010-11. He was never a national.

4) Kerrea Gilbert (Age 25). Defender. Currently a free agent. He is a former Arsenal youth player who last played for Shamrock Rovers in the League of Ireland. Could you count him as a marquee? Perhaps. He does have some market appeal to him. However he is a bit of a bad seed. He gets into trouble.

5) Jack Midson (Age 29). Forward. Currently plays for AFC Wimbledon in the Football League Two (Division 4 of England). He was top scorer in the 4th Division with 18 goals last season.

6) Afonso Alves (Age 32). Striker. This one always confused me. He is a former Brazilian international. He has 2 seasons in the Premier League. He has 2 seasons in the Dutch Top League and many in the Swedish leagues. And currently he plays for Al Gharafa in the Qatari Star League. However he only has 3 caps this season. He is not even injured because teams were looking at him. He is just out of favor. He would be perfect for I-League. The basis of how we can get this league popular. A former Brazilian international with more top flight experience than any player to ever step into India.

So ya, thats it for now.
  • ashindiaashindia 9384 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > By the way. Here are the marquee players I would recommend:

1) Thomas Broich (Age 32): Midfielder. Currently plays for the Brisbane Roar in the A-League. He is a former Germany "B" international and a former regular in the German Bundesliga. This season in the A-League he only has 19 caps with 2 goals.

2) Keiji Tamada (Age 32): Forward. Currently plays for Nagoya Grampus in the J. League. He is a former Japanese international (2004-2010) with 16 goals in 72 appearances. He only played 25 matches last season out of over 35. Basically his J. League career is almost over. He would be a welcome in India.

3) Grégory Pujol (Age 33): Forward. Currently plays for Valenciennes FC in Ligue 1 (France). He is not that notable. He was a regular Ligue 1 player but now barely plays. He only has 13 caps this season (8 being starts) and 5 goals. He scored 17 in Ligue 1 in 2010-11. He was never a national.

4) Kerrea Gilbert (Age 25). Defender. Currently a free agent. He is a former Arsenal youth player who last played for Shamrock Rovers in the League of Ireland. Could you count him as a marquee? Perhaps. He does have some market appeal to him. However he is a bit of a bad seed. He gets into trouble.

5) Jack Midson (Age 29). Forward. Currently plays for AFC Wimbledon in the Football League Two (Division 4 of England). He was top scorer in the 4th Division with 18 goals last season.

6) Afonso Alves (Age 32). Striker. This one always confused me. He is a former Brazilian international. He has 2 seasons in the Premier League. He has 2 seasons in the Dutch Top League and many in the Swedish leagues. And currently he plays for Al Gharafa in the Qatari Star League. However he only has 3 caps this season. He is not even injured because teams were looking at him. He is just out of favor. He would be perfect for I-League. The basis of how we can get this league popular. A former Brazilian international with more top flight experience than any player to ever step into India.

So ya, thats it for now.

4 and 5 are poor they will not add much to I-League.

• Which 4 and why? Did you expect Ronaldo or Messi to sign for us?