Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
     Perhaps an international team like Manchester United or Juventus want to use the stadium for their "camps" or better... a pre-season camp.

wat? why the hell Manchester United or Juventus will come to india for camping...??
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I meant like the Man U U15 Camps or whatever they do. Juve have suggested in the past to wanting that as well.

Also, why not the first-team? India is a massive market and a stadium within the city would surely bring the supporters in as well as new ones.
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 I think you should see the below news report.

Man United-Juve in Kolkata: Yes, no, yes, no, NO!

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    @rohan the parimals aint trillionaires....
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    There is one Nehru Stadium near Swar gate, Pune. It used to be Cricket Stadium but now Maharashtra Cricket Association hold matches in their new MCA (formerly Sahara Stadium). Pune FC should atleast lease this ground and hold 1-2 games to see whether they get good crowd. Swar gate is middle of the city.

The problem in Balewadi Stadium is Public Transportation as it is on Highway. Pune FC should have vision of providing free bus service to points in City Center for ticket holders.
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @munna219777 I think you should ask Suresh Kalmadi, MP of Pune Constituency about this. Who is the local MLA in Pune?
    @archak How much are they worth.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    Well what you are suggesting wont work because:-
    1. Metro project in the centre of pune?? Kidding me right

India doesnt work that way regarding developing projects.... The works are outsourced but what goes behind the scenes would effectively rule them out
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9976 Points
    edited May 2014
    @Arsenalfan, some points on making academy and community connect, and you have the manual for starting a club in India. You touched all the bases except these two. Excellent read.

Hardest part though is not getting a Bollywood star, in fact, that is the easiest: they have Abhisek Bachchan in the board of the club, through him the whole family may be got.

Most difficult (and ambitious also) is building the stadium. They can sell the name of the stadium to a corporate: you know, the Pan Parag Arena/ Horlicks Super Bowl/ or the like.

8000 capacity stadium in the middle of the city is perfect, but I think the biggest failure of PFC is not being able to rope the young crowd: see, Pune is a greater centre of education than Bengaluru, hence more young crowd (though socially Bengaluru is more liberal I think). But the way BFC manipulated this segment is exemplary to PFC. In fact Pune lost the plot there.

The idea of hosting pre-season matches with international clubs is also exiting: I would also prefer them to organize annual tournament for the juniors as well like Weifang Cup.
    @Archak Could you explain that in greater detail please?