Other Sports

Comments

• rudra wrote:
    Bengali followers are rejoicing in facebook...not coz KKR did anything but Ganguly's Pune might win!!!!

Sometimes Icon players can overcome regional adherence.... Ganguly divided Bengali's in two halves - Pune fans and KKR fans

Seriously!

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    Bengali followers are rejoicing in facebook...not coz KKR did anything but Ganguly's Pune might win!!!!

Sometimes Icon players can overcome regional adherence.... Ganguly divided Bengali's in two halves - Pune fans and KKR fans
    dont say that way...it was shahrukh who divided bengal into two.....had he got the brain like ambanis he would never have left ganguly out from kkr

I mean the Ganguly issue..whoever responsible
  • wait I am trying to understand why though
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    wait I am trying to understand why though

Ganguly os one of rare players in cricket who became a top Indian player and then one of the successful captains... so in Bengal he is an icon... in some sense he is the reason why so many bengali kids in recent times shunned football for cricket.. so he is bigger than the team itself and so many wud support his team rather then KKR
  • rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

Ganguly os one of rare players in cricket who became a top Indian player and then one of the successful captains... so in Bengal he is an icon... in some sense he is the reason why so many bengali kids in recent times shunned football for cricket.. so he is bigger than the team itself and so many wud support his team rather then KKR

Ohh. When a player does that you know you are popular. Hopefully that does not happen with football.

"JEWEL RAJA! SUPERSTAR WITH MUMBAI FC HAS BROUGHT A NEW WAVE OF MUMBAI FANS IN WEST BENGAL" haha
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

Ohh. When a player does that you know you are popular. Hopefully that does not happen with football.

"JEWEL RAJA! SUPERSTAR WITH MUMBAI FC HAS BROUGHT A NEW WAVE OF MUMBAI FANS IN WEST BENGAL" haha

That would never happen as far as football in bengal goes club is bigger than any player or official...so no fan is gonna change the loyalty ....may be for goa/any other part it may happen
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    In football thats not gonna happen... because bengalis are much adhered to the clubs, whereas cricket was later developed and IPL is even new concept....

For example, Baretto is the most iconic player in MB (should have left this yr to retain the respect)... now if he goes to another team... fans will wish well for that team but will never support when they come to play against MB....

Thats's why football is football
  • I mean for Bengali footballers who are born in West Bengal. What if one of them become superstars and go to another Indian team.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    I mean for Bengali footballers who are born in West Bengal. What if one of them become superstars and go to another Indian team.

Not a chance!!! Clubs come before player.In case of Ganguly, he became famous before IPL was launched, so the liking is more to him than KKR.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    I mean for Bengali footballers who are born in West Bengal. What if one of them become superstars and go to another Indian team.

Subrata Pal has been a icon of sorts after clearly gaining accoldes from international press and doing well in asian level... but no one cares about his team Pune FC.. the fans want him in kolkata clubs but wont support his club