Other Sports

Comments

• trojantrojan 371 Points
    good news - vijender singh qualifies for the olympics by beating TUMURKHUYAG 27 : 17 .
    now he's in semis.
    but suranjoy singh failed to qualify after loosing out to mongolian Tugstsogt Nyambayar 30-10. suranjoy has lost to the same boxer twice before.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    trojan wrote:
    good news - vijender singh qualifies for the olympics by beating TUMURKHUYAG 27 : 17 .
    now he's in semis.
    but suranjoy singh failed to qualify after loosing out to mongolian Tugstsogt Nyambayar 30-10. suranjoy has lost to the same boxer twice before.

Suranjoy

:(
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    trojan wrote:
    now he's in semis.

Suranjoy

suranjoy was a shocker to me.....glad vijender will be there to defend his medal or may better it
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    trojan wrote:
    now he's in semis.

Suranjoy

man im also disappointed by suranjoy's loss. he's a good boxer and was a medal prospect. but unlucky for him he got a tough draw and faced world championship silver medalist.
    vijender got a easy draw
    even he struggled in first bout as well just won it....but in CWG he was the best indian boxer... wonder what is the reason behind his slump in form :-S
    Prize money of WSH :-

Team Prizes :-

Champions 4 Crores (US$ 800,000)
    Runners-up 2 Crores (US$ 400,000)
    Third Place 1 Crores (US$ 200,000)
    Fourth Place 1 Crores (US$ 200,000)

Individual Prizes :-

WSH Rockstar (Most Valuable Player) 1 Crores (US$ 200,000)
    Indian Super Star (Star Indian Player) 50 Lakhs (US$ 100,000)
    Golden Stick (Highest Goal Scorer) 25 Lakhs (US$ 50,000)
    Game Changer (Best Midfielder, Defender or Goal Keeper) 25 Lakhs (US$ 50,000)
    Rookie of the Year (Best emerging player under 21) 10 Lakhs (US$ 20,000)
    For I-League it is 75 Lakhs(Equal to salary of N.P Pradeep).
  • shankar wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    IPL 5 not a hit ??

http://sports.ndtv.com/ipl-2012/news/item/188060-ipls-here-wheres-the-excitement

________________________________________________________________________________

Reading all these articles makes me wonder what exactly do Indian viewers want ???

It is the same thing which had affected 80's hockey team when their team were not able to continue the dominance....
    believe it or not most of indians still consider sports as country based stuff and the club suppport and all are not there..
    everyone want sachin to hit century for india rather than mumbai....we are still crazy for nation and i believe that was the reason why this years WSH was success as everyone were fresh from seeing hockey team qualify...when in 2013 they know the reality of indian hockey in olympics things might change for WSh as well

but whatever the case be cricket will still continue to be getting some sponsors till the time they dont find some stiff competition from hockey or football
    i think ur point is right.
    edited April 2012
    anyone watched pune warriors match???the stadium looks fantastic...
    Just wish one day we also get to see some corporate renovating some football stadium into this way