Other Sports

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    from fb updates looks like pune will win and kkr lost last game badly...so more support for the pune team from bengal :P
  • Okay I get it. Ya seems like East Bengal and Mohun Bagan have more stronger fans that KKR.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Okay I get it. Ya seems like East Bengal and Mohun Bagan have more stronger fans that KKR.

Absolutely!!!
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Okay I get it. Ya seems like East Bengal and Mohun Bagan have more stronger fans that KKR.
    definitely....even now currently highly followed ipl teams are chennai and mumbai ....but if dhoni and sachin move to say delhi and bangalore the situation may change...
    people are yet to get into loyalty thing with city based clubs for cricket
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    definitely....even now currently highly followed ipl teams are chennai and mumbai ....but if dhoni and sachin move to say delhi and bangalore the situation may change...
    people are yet to get into loyalty thing with city based clubs for cricket

Yes but you wait. 10 years from now...
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    IPL 5 not a hit ??

http://sports.ndtv.com/ipl-2012/news/item/188060-ipls-here-wheres-the-excitement

________________________________________________________________________________

Reading all these articles makes me wonder what exactly do Indian viewers want ???
  • From what I have seen they are doing great and from what I have seen with franchise leagues in the states this is normal and something they should get used to. The league will lose some excitment and fans but will always be popular and a big money grabber.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    IPL 5 not a hit ??

http://sports.ndtv.com/ipl-2012/news/item/188060-ipls-here-wheres-the-excitement

________________________________________________________________________________

Reading all these articles makes me wonder what exactly do Indian viewers want ???

It is the same thing which had affected 80's hockey team when their team were not able to continue the dominance....
    believe it or not most of indians still consider sports as country based stuff and the club suppport and all are not there..
    everyone want sachin to hit century for india rather than mumbai....we are still crazy for nation and i believe that was the reason why this years WSH was success as everyone were fresh from seeing hockey team qualify...when in 2013 they know the reality of indian hockey in olympics things might change for WSh as well

but whatever the case be cricket will still continue to be getting some sponsors till the time they dont find some stiff competition from hockey or football
  • shankar wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    IPL 5 not a hit ??

It is the same thing which had affected 80's hockey team when their team were not able to continue the dominance....
    believe it or not most of indians still consider sports as country based stuff and the club suppport and all are not there..
    everyone want sachin to hit century for india rather than mumbai....we are still crazy for nation and i believe that was the reason why this years WSH was success as everyone were fresh from seeing hockey team qualify...when in 2013 they know the reality of indian hockey in olympics things might change for WSh as well

but whatever the case be cricket will still continue to be getting some sponsors till the time they dont find some stiff competition from hockey or football

Na, I think that WSH will be here for a long, long time. They will delvelop new players and do well internationally and we have already seen sponsors interested in the WSH so I think that WSH is here to stay. IPL is staying forever as well.

The problem though with these leagues are that they only last 1-3 months. Football lasts 8-10 months.