Economics of I league

Comments

• > munna21977 said:
    > Rubbish!!!! free entry for home match by ONGC. and the crowd will be supporting Sikkim.

:P
    putting more pressure on themselves.

Remember, intelligent people told ONGC to play in Delhi. We are already seeing the fruits of that idea with ONGC ranking in 3,000 a game. 
  • or maybe ONGC do not want to even print tickets or even hire a cashier, clerk to sell tickets at counter and look after money by ticket sales. Easy way out -make free entry.

• > munna21977 said:
    > or maybe ONGC do not want to even print tickets or even hire a cashier, clerk to sell tickets at counter and look after money by ticket sales. Easy way out -make free entry.

In a way I dont blame him. He would just be standing their all day. The Delhi fans wont come out to pay until a club emerges that actually connects with the people of Delhi. Builds a relationship with them. Pune is doing that in patches and it will really do wonders in the future.

Hopefully Delhi United SC will be that club but I dont want them in I-League till 2014-15. I rather be fully ready than tackle the I-League unprepared (like Sporting Goa and United Sikkim).
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited January 2013

http://www.warc.com/LatestNews/News/Reebok_prepares_India_ad_shift.news?ID=30906

So Reebok is almost ready to go huge on India especially in football after it was seen that their brand was quite huge in India, especially among the younger people in India (15-21 year olds). Interestingly Indian football's new vision is youth, youth players leading the way while the clubs enrich new younger fans for the future.

Hypothetically this seems like a perfect match... Reebok and Indian football. I know AIFF have a deal with Nike (well that deal expired but the AIFF still insist on branding Nike on their own website so who knows) but perhaps an I-League club can take advantage. 

(And yes I know Mohun Bagan are sponsored by Reebok as well).
  • Only 3 players are from South America. I think we have decreased in that area.

• Having IMG-Reliance as partners is a weakness not strength. 

• > kali007 said:
    > Having IMG-Reliance as partners is a weakness not strength. 

Depends on how you look at it. Internationally they have actually been pretty great but at the domestic level, all because of their shame of a league (I dont care about the money), they have failed massively.
  • <P>Duran cup winner  is getting 50 lacks</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>I league winner should atleast get 2.5 -5 crores(realistic),optimistic is 10 crores.</P>
  • harry191 wrote: »
    <p>Duran cup winner  is getting 50 lacks</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I league winner should atleast get 2.5 -5 crores(realistic),optimistic is 10 crores.</p>

<br><br>tHere used to be TV telecast of this tournament and Army used to earn money thru ticket sales due to Big 3 of Calcutta. this tournament is one place besides Santosh Trophy where Army teams get opportunity to play. Good for PSUs. Still better then rubbish corporate teams like Mumbai Tigers.<br>