How I League clubs could be marketed well?

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    I as again looking at US Soccer news and when I was on this website I saw this story...
    http://www.nasl.com/index.php?id=3&newsid=1855

It got me wondering why dont we do this. Why dont the I-League partner with ustream and stream EVERY SINGLE I-League match for the 2012-13 season LIVE on it.

Basically every game week have 2 games broadcasted live on TEN Action + (make them the games of the week) and have all the other matches streamed online on ustream. This will give us (the fans) a chance to look at potential Indian Internationals. It would also work in terms of marketing the league to new fans and potential fans OUTSIDE of India.

Also it would make the perfect way to make a youtube channel (ileague) in which we would post highlights of every match on youtube. Again it would let fans see all the games and build interest and also show corporates how much the league wants to build itself.

Also having the streams are not expensive. In fact it costs really nothing. All you need is 2 commentators, 1 main camera and a person who can edit the video after the game. Of course you would not get the luxury of replays of plays and all that and I dont think a scoreboard would be available but at least you get to see the games for free.

Just something to think about.
    This should be a fabulous idea and i wonder why cant they do it, because all it is gonna take is minimal effort of commentators,1 camera and all as pointed by @arsenalfan....and will also help us get some really new fans who could be easily accessing the game then on
    online tv is fastly gaining its market in india and it is high time aiff or whatever the working committee should come up with this idea soon
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    streaming would be the best option particularly for regional leagues like npl for national coverage at a cheaper rate.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    ajmal wrote:
    streaming would be the best option particularly for regional leagues like npl for national coverage at a cheaper rate.
    streaming aint cheap

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    it was success when they did that for saff cup
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited March 2012
    archak wrote:
    ajmal wrote:
    streaming aint cheap

Can be. UStream will cost some money but not so much that the I-League cant pay for them (NPL can also afford UStream but I think there money should be focused at facilites only and just keep on doing there once per week video highlights on there facebook).

As for the game. There is no pre-game or post-game. There is one small on screen scoreboard. There are no replays nor are there more than one main camera so there will be no zooming in. And there are 2 commentators that are payed for by the home club. Also at the end of the game the highlights are put on youtube (this time with on screen graphics like the line-up and all that) and done.

That wont cost much at really. If my school can do it then surely the I-League can.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    t
    arsenalfan wrote:
    archak wrote:
    ajmal wrote:
    streaming aint cheap

Can be. UStream will cost some money but not so much that the I-League cant pay for them (NPL can also afford UStream but I think there money should be focused at facilites only and just keep on doing there once per week video highlights on there facebook).

As for the game. There is no pre-game or post-game. There is one small on screen scoreboard. There are no replays nor are there more than one main camera so there will be no zooming in. And there are 2 commentators that are payed for by the home club. Also at the end of the game the highlights are put on youtube (this time with on screen graphics like the line-up and all that) and done.

That wont cost much at really. If my school can do it then surely the I-League can.

the main problem in this is that aiff has sold the tv rights of indiafootball to img and now everything depends upon img-ril :-<
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited March 2012
    archak wrote:
    t
    arsenalfan wrote:
    archak wrote:
    ajmal wrote:
    streaming aint cheap

the main problem in this is that aiff has sold the tv rights of indiafootball to img and now everything depends upon img-ril :-<

and if you know about reliance for them all that matter is money.. $-)
    that is the reason why they preferred main telecast partners as some regional channel over national partner
  • True... sadly true. I mean obviously in the short term free streaming will not bring much returns but in the long-term (3 or more years) it will prove great as more people would know about the league and more people would be more interested in watching the league and eventually I-League can get rid of UStream and begin showing all the I-League games on a National Broadcaster and Regional Channel (TEN Action does 2 games per match week while the other matches are done on local regional channels)
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    ten should also stream on their websites,tie up youtube
  • usaindia wrote:
    ten should also stream on their websites,tie up youtube

+1