I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Some stats of I-league from soccervista.com

I League description -

Home field is big advantage for home team. Home team get average1.66 points per game.

Draws are less common in this league. 19% of games finish as draw.

Number of goals is above the average. It's 3.13 goals per game.

Number of games with three or more goals is above the average. It's 62% of all games.

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > Some stats of I-league from soccervista.com
    >
    > I League description -
    >
    > Home field is big advantage for home team. Home team get average1.66 points per game.
    >
    > Draws are less common in this league. 19% of games finish as draw.
    >
    > Number of goals is above the average. It's 3.13 goals per game.
    >
    > Number of games with three or more goals is above the average. It's 62% of all games.

@joyptan Very intresting stats ..you actually calculate this or its from a website source??

• silicon3 said:
    > Joyptan said:
    > Some stats of I-league from soccervista.com
    >
    > I League description -
    >
    > Home field is big advantage for home team. Home team get average1.66 points per game.
    >
    > Draws are less common in this league. 19% of games finish as draw.
    >
    > Number of goals is above the average. It's 3.13 goals per game.
    >
    > Number of games with three or more goals is above the average. It's 62% of all games.

@joyptan Very intresting stats ..you actually calculate this or its from a website source??

did u forget to read the line

Some stats of I-league
    from soccervista.com

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

> kshitij USFC said:
    > > silicon3 said:
    > > > Joyptan said:
    > > > Some stats of I-league from soccervista.com
    > > >
    > > > I League description -
    > > >
    > > > Home field is big advantage for home team. Home team get average1.66 points per game.
    > > >
    > > > Draws are less common in this league. 19% of games finish as draw.
    > > >
    > > > Number of goals is above the average. It's 3.13 goals per game.
    > > >
    > > > Number of games with three or more goals is above the average. It's 62% of all games.
    > >
    > >

>
    >
    >
    > did u forget to read the line
    >
    > Some stats of I-league
    > from soccervista.com

OPPPs.....

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

Having watched 4 games from the last round, I'll have to agree with Armando Colaco said at the start of the season, the standard of the I-League & Indian football is dropping !
    The Churchill vs. Shillong and Mohun Bagan vs Mumbai FC were very very short of any passing/possession i.e attractive football

The Pune FC vs Sikkim game was entertaining but if you are a National team coach hired to help move the team from 169 , closer towards 100, then you must be worried about the level of the I-League.

Having watched & played during the era of Vijayan, Satyan, Derrick Parreira, Savio madiera, etc., whilst its impossible to accurately compare players in different era's , I can safely say that the gap between a 2nd Division European player & a top Indian player has grown double since.

In the recent past people have commented on the quality of Indian Goalkeepers, but given the performances of the GK's in those 3 televised games, a colleague who coaches at a D-1 school in the US, said that none of these keepers were up to even that standard !!

Indian footballers in general don't seem to be improving at the rate of other countries, even when the likes of Myron Mendes, Uttam Rai, Brandon Fernandes etc. the only way the National team will improve is if these top young players do not join I-League teams. Playing or warming the bench at clubs who have no vision & play result obsessed football will do them no justice.

Lets hope this round shows an improvement .....
  • archakarchak 2082 Points

> Ashlesh said:
    > does a organisation which promote football club and help clubs to organize program will work in India ? please leave your comments what you feel about such organisation if it does come up in India ? 

Can you clarify the question a bit more @ashlesh like what program and what organisation???
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

I-League Chairman seem to be trying to keep pace with Roman Abromovich: 

Looking at the LAST 3 yrs alone.....
    Mohun Bagan : 6 coaches ( Rozario, Bhowmick, Darby, 'Bablu Da', Kashyap, Bencharfa) 
    Churchill Bros: 5 coaches ( Parriera, Subramaniam, Mamic, Gomes, Bhowmick, Dias ) 
    United Sikkim: 4 coaches ( Lepcha, Rozario, DeRidder, Bhutia, ?)
    Prayag Utd.   : 3 coaches ( Bablu Da, Sanjoy Sen, Eelco Schattorie)
    Air India FC  : 3 coaches ( Santosah Kashyap, Godfrey Parriera)
    Pailan Arrows: 3 coaches ( Bulpin, Sukhvinder, Papas)
    Salgaocar      : 2 coaches ( Karim Bencharifa, David Booth)
    Sporting Club : 2 coaches ( Alex Alvarez(2nd Div), Ekendra Singh)
    ONGC :           2 coaches ( Subrata Bhattacharya , Caitano Pinha(2nd Div))
    Shillong Lajong: 2 coaches ( Reddy, Bulpin)
    Mumbai FC :  1 coach ( Khalid Jamil)
    Pune FC :       1 coach ( Derrick Parriera)
    Dempo :         1 coach ( Armando Colaco)
    East Bengal : 1 coach (Trevor Morgan)

The consistency of coaches to results is very obvious if you look at the standings from 2 yrs ago to present position.
    Dempo (3rd,Champions, 2nd) East Bengal ( 2nd , 2nd , LEADERS) & Pune FC ( 5th,5th,5th)
    Mumbai FC (7th,11th,8th) , one would expect them to finish above the relegation zone again, kudos to Mumbai FC management for sticking with the coach during tough times & allowing him to turn the results around.

Mohun Bagan (6th,5th,6th) and Churchill(4th,3rd,3rd) one can only wonder if they had kept faith in a single coach/group of players they could have been challenging for the title or won the Fed Cup with a stable team. They both have the finances & have spent massively over the seasons on players & coaches but without the desired results.

At the 1/3 way in the season, the clubs that have opted for managerial changes, only Prayag are in a better relative position BUT at this point last season Sanjoy Sen had ensured they were still unbeaten & when he left they were in 2nd/3rd place. It will take time for Eelco to make them Champions, highly unlikely it will happen this season.
    The other clubs that have opted for changes Air India, Lajong , Salgaocar are all doing a lot worse than last year both in terms of results & performance. 
    Tough to pass judgement on ONGC & USFC as watching them in 2nd Division in Gangtok isn't an accurate 
  • Churchill Brothers is one exception. Doing well despite frequent change of coach.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited November 2012

Complete stats after Round 8

Total Matches - 55

Wins - 44(80%) (Home 27 : 17 Away)

Draw - 11(20%)

Total Goals - 170 (Home 101 : 69 Away) (Indians 82 : 88 Forgeiners)

MOST GOALS

Scored - Prayag United (24)

Concided - USFC (22)

LEAST GOALS

Scored - Salgaocar (6)

Concided - East Bengal (1)

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Ask Karim why Salgcr has scored the least goals. He selected those stupid strikers.