I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

> Ashlesh said:
    >

they wont pay for watching match 
    i would do coz i was brought up in family which have ideology not to take anything free 
    but sadly we in India where majority want free 

cricket tickets are not cheap nor are they free..still fans come..Clubs have to realise this free indian mentality and work to making comming to the matches are irresistible offer..

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited December 2012

Let me simplyfy it for @Ashlesh financialy.

Atleas 10 to 12 mil (probably even more) people watch every chelsea game worldwide. So sponcers have that many eyeball to get by spocering chelsea.

If they increase their stadium capacity by 20,000 they will atleas earn 1mil/home game from ticket sale. Chelsea play atleast play 30 home games/season. So 30mil/season extra from just ticket sale. Do u think sponcers will pay extra 30mil/season just for those extra 20,000 people? If yes,then tell me how much do u think the sponcers pay for those 10-12mil worldwide eyeballs? 3 billion???

• > Ashlesh said: 

IPL is cricket and cricket you knw what is in India 
    and even IMG know that ticket is not the source they will get sponsors if they come up with this league 

Yes this is India and cricket is huge but there have been many cricket leagues in India and yet only 1 has really survived this long. Now, here is some more questions. The IPL was losing attendance's last season. Why were people and news reporters worried? Why were owners and sponsors worried? 

Also going back to Europe: Why, despite having the 2nd largest football stadium in England, does Arsenal charge the most for tickets? Why does Arsenal not have the same sponsorships as Manchester United, Chelsea, and Manchester City? We all know why but by your logic that should not be the case.
  • > Ashlesh said:
    > > Joyptan said:
    > > Let me simplyfy it for @Ashlesh financialy.
    > >
    > > Atleas 10 to 12 mil (probably even more) people watch every chelsea game. So sponcers have that many eyeball to get by spocering chelsea.
    > >
    > > If they increase their stadium capacity by 20,000 they will atleas earn 1mil/home game from ticket sale. Chelsea play atleast play 30 home games/season. So 30mil/season extra from just ticket sale. Do u think sponcers will pay extra 30mil/season just for those extra 20,000 people? If yes,then tell me how much do u think the sponcers pay for those 10-12mil worldwide eyeballs? 3 billion???
    >
    >

just like website run on the number visit it get
    those visits sponsors look at 
    same way with clubs they need numbers not how many paying or not paying
    sponsors just want numbers 

And yet you think the number which means "ticket revenue" means nothing.

@Ashlesh i asked for answer not another illogical logic.

• > Ashlesh said:
    > ask any club official their revenue they will always say merchandise and sponsors no one even give damm for ticket revenue 

and pune doing good thing charity :) 

Pune is a new club with zero history. And they are not gods, they have faults. For the Goan clubs, clubs with history, this is very sad.

Ashlesh
    let me give you small example 

reebok want 10000 people in an event to sponsor 
    they dont bother if they pay or dont pay
    i spoke with reebok officials they told me that if even you 9000 people in even they dont sponsor 

9000 fans x100 price= 9000000 rupees 
    reebook for 100000 was supposed to sponsor 10000000 rupees

Reebok will pay 1 crore for 10k people :O please give me the reebok official's contact number. they will atleast pay 50 crore to sponcer eb or 10 crorer just for the derby game.

@Ashlesh ok atleast They will sponcer the hole eb team. How about REB insted of KEB next season with deco, ronaldinho & roby kean in REB with reebok's 50crore.

Ashlesh
    > Joyptan said:

> @Ashlesh ok atleast They will sponcer the hole eb team. How about REB insted of KEB next season with deco, ronaldinho & roby kean in REB with reebok's 50crore.

if east bengal sign those guys ill support east bengal :P 

If reebok's sponcership method is like what u said then neymar will be an eb player 5 years down the line.

• > Ashlesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Ashlesh said:
    > > > ask any club official their revenue they will always say merchandise and sponsors no one even give damm for ticket revenue 

and pune doing good thing charity :) 

> >
    > >

Pune is a new club with zero history. And they are not gods, they have faults. For the Goan clubs, clubs with history, this is very sad.

goan clubs doing bad no doubt in not making those fans loyal to pay in future for(merchandise) 
    but doing good thing getting people in stadium
    dempo never had sponsors till last season now they have two sponsors one is the bajaj and other one is local biscuits :D 

>
    >

But will they ever be Sahara or Pepsi or DLF? EVER? I doubt it? 

Again, you guys are failing to look at the future? You will talk about Pune FC but at least they are looking to create future fans while creating a new history, you guys have the history and the fans yet are getting nada from it. We shall always get the small sponsors if this is our mentality.