I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• Does not matter. Dempo, Salgaocar, and Churchill Brothers are still managing to get around 10,000 a game (at least according to you, Dominic, and Had) and these three clubs have great history YET you guys fail to bring in revenue to ever achieve the level of the IPL. There is no vision or professionalism.

For you, I want you to tell me what successful league AROUND THE WORLD does not charge money for a ticket to see a game? Which league, which country, what sport. You will get none.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Eb will earn atleas 1.6 crore from ticket sale which is less than sponcer money. But 1.6 crore is a big amount.

Why goan clubs doing well without ticket sale money or sponcer just because they all have Millionaire/Billionaire owners.

• You failed to answer my question... What famous, popular sports league around the world does not have fans pay for a ticket?

• > Ashlesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > You failed to answer my question... What famous, popular sports league around the world does not have fans pay for a ticket?
    >
    >

every where they pay but ticket revenue is not the main source of revenue 
    the number of fans are 

It is ONE of the main sources. Not the number one source but it is major. Now I-League will never be different. We need to charge for tickets.
  • > Ashlesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Ashlesh said:
    > > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > > You failed to answer my question... What famous, popular sports league around the world does not have fans pay for a ticket?
    > > >
    > > >

the number of fans are 

> >
    > >

It is ONE of the main sources. Not the number one source but it is major. Now I-League will never be different. We need to charge for tickets.

>
    >

no it least important revenue 

Its one of the important revenues. It helps keep the sponsors. Do you actually think that sponsors will come in, invest a bunch of money, and expect nothing back?

When IMG start the IMG League and make a Goa franchise they will ask fans for money for tickets... why will they do that? TELL ME!
  • > Ashlesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Ashlesh said:
    > > > > > Ashlesh said:
    > > > > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > > > > You failed to answer my question... What famous, popular sports league around the world does not have fans pay for a ticket?
    > > > > >
    > > > > >

the number of fans are 

> > > >
    > > > >

> > >
    > > >

> >
    > >

Its one of the important revenues. It helps keep the sponsors. Do you actually think that sponsors will come in, invest a bunch of money, and expect nothing back?

When IMG start the IMG League and make a Goa franchise they will ask fans for money for tickets... why will they do that? TELL ME!

if rumors are correct goa getting two franchise in IMG league :P 

>
    >

AND FANS WILL PAY FOR TICKETS! WHY!
  • Who is the kit spnsr of eb

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

> Arsenalkid700
    > > Ashlesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Ashlesh said:
    > > > > > Ashlesh said:
    > > > > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > > > > You failed to answer my question... What famous, popular sports league around the world does not have fans pay for a ticket?
    > > > > >
    > > > > >

the number of fans are 

> > > >
    > > > >

> > >
    > > >

> >
    > >

if rumors are correct goa getting two franchise in IMG league :P 

>
    >

AND FANS WILL PAY FOR TICKETS! WHY!

PAY FOR WHAT !!! This shitty standard of football. Only die hard fans like me come for these matches. Nobody will pay a penny unless there are some world class players and the std of football improves.

Dempo, Salgaocar  have made millions from mining. They can run the team for next 25yrs even by spending 30-50 crore a year, without any sponsors. They are least bothered about all this gate money. These guys can just close down as they wish since they are not answerable to anyone. And Churchill Bros will run as long as Churchill is alive.  So he too does not care about the gate money.
  • You see. This is why the Goan clubs like Dempo, Salgaocar, and Churchill Brothers will fail to survive the long run if the attitude is like this. Even the fans have this mentality. The Goan franchise will be a failure with out gate money. 

Unless this mentality changes then as the I-League and Indian football overall improves the Goan clubs will cease to compete. Same with a few other clubs but I expect better from the Goan clubs.

You can't live on sponsorships from the Local companies.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

> Arsenalkid700
    > You see. This is why the Goan clubs like Dempo, Salgaocar, and Churchill Brothers will fail to survive the long run if the attitude is like this. Even the fans have this mentality. The Goan franchise will be a failure with out gate money. 

Unless this mentality changes then as the I-League and Indian football overall improves the Goan clubs will cease to compete. Same with a few other clubs but I expect better from the Goan clubs.

You can't live on sponsorships from the Local companies.

Nice joke highlighted above.