The Great Indian Football Debates

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    rudra wrote:
    <br><div><br></div><div>No we are discussing if that is putting Indian football backwards...</div><div>If players dont get into PSUs than the job oppurtunities become less and then the families wud discourage them even more...so the pool of players will always be less</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>so pool of players will be reduced by removing this trophy ??</div><div>this tournament had been for last 60+ years....had it helped increase the pool of players???</div><div><br></div><div>i doubt that...in fact a i-league 2nd div had given better pool of players than this trophy and everyone who wanna be successful in this game would love to try his luck with a club over state team</div><div><br></div>
  • rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Listen, life is tough. If they cant make through the u16 and u19 cups and nothing is left than sorry but life and football can not be easy. We all know that and I think you guys are expecting so much of the national federation.<div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">.</span></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Please tell that to Prakash Thorat and Anil Kumar</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Anil was already with Viva Kerala.</div>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    @shankar but to get a chance or to manage a deal in Ileague this tournament can be a launch pad that most players are looking for
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <br>
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    <br><div><br></div><div>No we are discussing if that is putting Indian football backwards...</div><div>If players dont get into PSUs than the job oppurtunities become less and then the families wud discourage them even more...so the pool of players will always be less</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>so pool of players will be reduced by removing this trophy ??</div><div>this tournament had been for last 60+ years....had it helped increase the pool of players???</div><div><br></div><div>i doubt that...in fact a i-league 2nd div had given better pool of players than this trophy and everyone who wanna be successful in this game would love to try his luck with a club over state team</div><div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Most of these 2nd division clubs recognise talents not by there scouting system but by recommendations from state team performances...</div><div><br></div><div>Is there a statistical data to support that state tournaments dont actually increase the pool?</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Listen, life is tough. If they cant make through the u16 and u19 cups and nothing is left than sorry but life and football can not be easy. We all know that and I think you guys are expecting so much of the national federation.<div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">.</span></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Please tell that to Prakash Thorat and Anil Kumar</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Anil was already with Viva Kerala.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I am saying that as u mentioned that if u are not done by ur u19 days u are doomed...not relating this to santosh trophy...please be specific about the answers....since we dont have a moderater for debate here, we need to sort out that</div>
  • imsourav wrote:
    @shankar but to get a chance or to manage a deal in Ileague this tournament can be a launch pad that most players are looking for

<br><div><br></div><div>BC ROY AND MIR!</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    imsourav wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>BC ROY AND MIR!</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>what about 19+ guys...</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Listen, life is tough. If they cant make through the u16 and u19 cups and nothing is left than sorry but life and football can not be easy. We all know that and I think you guys are expecting so much of the national federation.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">.</span></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Please tell that to Prakash Thorat and Anil Kumar</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Anil was already with Viva Kerala.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I am saying that as u mentioned that if u are not done by ur u19 days u are doomed...not relating this to santosh trophy...please be specific about the answers....since we dont have a moderater for debate here, we need to sort out that</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I dont care. I am fighting against this tournament. Its a sham to me, it is a financial waste, it is called a charity case. Our best national team manager in years and most recognized coach called it a waste.</font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    imsourav wrote:

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">BC ROY AND MIR!</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">what about 19+ guys...</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Than join your local club side and if you do not have one then sorry, that is your state federations fault. Again we are not a charity case and trying to groom could be professionals is of more importance than opportunities for amateur sunday league players.</font></div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    rudra wrote:
    <br><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">Most of these 2nd division clubs recognise talents not by there scouting system but by recommendations from state team performances...</span></div><div><br></div><div>Is there a statistical data to support that state tournaments dont actually increase the pool?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>i see most of the players from recognised states are presently playing for some sort of clubs in their local leagues and all those who prove their talents are already in some of top team in their league </div><div>then how come is it playing a role of scouting venture for the top teams and increasing the pools???</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>