The Great Indian Football Debates

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Will ppl cm 2 watch air india,ongc match for 13 times or kerala,goa,wb,mah match for few days?

<br><div><br></div><div>but who will watch a kerala match in orissa?? if no one will watch a i-league team play will he be there to watch a match between 2 diff states other than his home team...which is orissa and that is like 3-5 matches in the entire tournament</div>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    @how much do you think is needed to set up a youth academy?
    it's not a question of money. It can never be. You need strong sponsor support or govt support inorder to get your youth development right.
    santosh trophy can never affect youth development of india.
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    imsourav wrote:
    @how much do you think is needed to set up a youth academy?
    it's not a question of money. It can never be. You need strong sponsor support or govt support inorder to get your youth development right.
    santosh trophy can never affect youth development of india.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; ">in a recent article published in DNA </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; ">it was stated that</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; ">
    <span style="font-family: arial, verdana; font-size: 12px; ">The All India Football Federation (AIFF) spends not more than Rs1 crore to conduct the tournament as compared to Rs15 crore for the I-League. The state associations do not shell out a penny, apart from the initial training costs. Apparently, the AIFF had decided to scrap the tournament in May last year. They would rather use the funds reserved for the Santosh Trophy to give exposure to the junior team. The idea was shelved, however, as the AIFF feared a backlash.</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">
    </span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; "><br></div><div><font face="arial, verdana"><span style="font-size: 12px;"><br></span></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; "><span style="font-family: arial, verdana; font-size: 12px; "><br></span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; "><a href="http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_santosh-trophy-off-the-spot_1684608">http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_santosh-trophy-off-the-spot_1684608</a>;
    </div>
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited May 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Again, this is the AIFF. The poverty should be taken after by the states. The AIFF is not a charity. It is a football federation and a business. Again you guys are too focused on the on the field product which is fine but also think about the financial impacts of the Santosh Trophy.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">And IMS you are wrong. The Santosh is impacting the youth football. Again I dont know why you guys are not getting that you also have the BC Roy Trophy and Mir Trophy. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">And also you forget that the Santosh Trophy costs us 1 crore. Our I-League U20 is only 1 month long. These U20 kids have more of a chance to play in I-League than Santosh Trophy players. That 1 crore can make a 1 month long I-League U20 into a 3 month long I-League U20.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And also I am not saying get rid of Santosh Trophy forever, we can always bring it back when we have the funds but at this moment sacrifices are needed.</font></div>
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3424 Points
    The settlers will cm, remember 2004 final kerala vs punjab @ delhi, full house by mallus, v won 3-2...
    How many mallus in kochi go to jln 4 cuk game?
    Giving exposure trip to juniors is youth development in your thoughts. Right?
    arsenalfan wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Again, this is the AIFF. The poverty should be taken after by the states. The AIFF is not a charity. It is a football federation and a business. Again you guys are too focused on the on the field product which is fine but also think about the financial impacts of the Santosh Trophy.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">And IMS you are wrong. The Santosh is impacting the youth football. Again I dont know why you guys are not getting that you also have the BC Roy Trophy and Mir Trophy. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">And also you forget that the Santosh Trophy costs us 1 crore. Our I-League U20 is only 1 month long. These U20 kids have more of a chance to play in I-League than Santosh Trophy players. That 1 crore can make a 1 month long I-League U20 into a 3 month long I-League U20.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And also I am not saying get rid of Santosh Trophy forever, we can always bring it back when we have the funds but at this moment sacrifices are needed.</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>yea we could stall the league for sometime like one of historic tournament of indian football and biggest of mumbai football ...THE ROVERS CUP was stalled for few years and when they had fund now rovers cup could be back in 1-2 season now</div>
    a 7 day exposure trip to europe can never improve our level
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Santosh Trophy is needed to keep floating some sort of football culture in non i league state. The players who are 19+ in those state are not expected to get much chance in most clubs (How many players we have and how many proper clubs????)</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Without Santosh trophy, most states and the association will lose the football culture (whatever that might be)...in most states where there is no proper club system the players can only rewarded by state team selection.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It is unreasonable to think that that the only oppurtunity players cab get is in u16, u19 tournaments...a 25 yr guy sud also get chance....for those who dont have much representation there sud be some way for these footballers to keep on going...what do we expect? they leave everything? Its AIFF's and state association's job to make sure that football runs through all state, u take out santosh, u lose it...just a u16, u19 wont do that</font></div>
    imsourav wrote:
    Giving exposure trip to juniors is youth development in your thoughts. Right?

<br><div><br></div><div>those money could have been used for exposure trip or even our u-19 league</div><div><br></div><div>and to get fans to any sport you want national team to be strong and so i wont mind putting money on national teams/national youth teams as it will get more fans to the game and will improve followingly</div>