The Great Indian Football Debates

Comments

• imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    U19 Ileague will be successfull if all clubs invest in their future youth system. Otherwise it won't be a success nomatter how much or how many investment you do in it. It'll be a failure still. Anyway that's a total different topic
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    rudra wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Santosh Trophy is needed to keep floating some sort of football culture in non i league state. The players who are 19+ in those state are not expected to get much chance in most clubs (How many players we have and how many proper clubs????)</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Without Santosh trophy, most states and the association will lose the football culture (whatever that might be)...in most states where there is no proper club system the players can only rewarded by state team selection.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It is unreasonable to think that that the only oppurtunity players cab get is in u16, u19 tournaments...a 25 yr guy sud also get chance....for those who dont have much representation there sud be some way for these footballers to keep on going...what do we expect? they leave everything? Its AIFF's and state association's job to make sure that football runs through all state, u take out santosh, u lose it...just a u16, u19 wont do that</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>My second argument is if 1 crore is such a big amount for India's football association, then thats a issue....1 crore to involve all the state association in a football event is not a bad thing. Infact in terms of involvement u19 tournament is not adding anything other than getting a bunch of over-aged player from the same teams which are playing in I League</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    rudra wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Santosh Trophy is needed to keep floating some sort of football culture in non i league state. The players who are 19+ in those state are not expected to get much chance in most clubs (How many players we have and how many proper clubs????)</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Without Santosh trophy, most states and the association will lose the football culture (whatever that might be)...in most states where there is no proper club system the players can only rewarded by state team selection.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It is unreasonable to think that that the only oppurtunity players cab get is in u16, u19 tournaments...a 25 yr guy sud also get chance....for those who dont have much representation there sud be some way for these footballers to keep on going...what do we expect? they leave everything? Its AIFF's and state association's job to make sure that football runs through all state, u take out santosh, u lose it...just a u16, u19 wont do that</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>My second argument is if 1 crore is such a big amount for India's football association, then thats a issue....1 crore to involve all the state association in a football event is not a bad thing. Infact in terms of involvement u19 tournament is not adding anything other than getting a bunch of over-aged player from the same teams which are playing in I League</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>thirdly, I ask that is the only sin of Santosh Trophy is to spend 1 crore or are there other ways it is pushing our football backwards?</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    rudra wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>What sort of football culture is gonna be maintained with this month long tournament???</div><div>if that is the case then still punjab should be having a football structure but is it the case??? are their state team getting any financial advantage like corporate interest / sponsors with their teams performance???</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>What sort of football culture is gonna be maintained with this month long tournament???</div><div>if that is the case then still punjab should be having a football structure but is it the case??? are their state team getting any financial advantage like corporate interest / sponsors with their teams performance???</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>By culture I mean that atleast a football event is happening...forget abt corporates (even Ranji Trophy hardly gets corporate interst)....So, there's some interest in the state associations to keep a footballing event going...Are we implying that 19+ footballers who can't make it big sud just retire????</div>
  • EXAMPLES:<br><br><div>CS Sabeeth (Top Indian scorer in the I-League): Played in the BC Roy Trophy (U19) for Tamil Nadu and <b>never played in the Santosh Trophy</b>. He got discovered while playing club football with Nilgiri Police and then State Bank of India. </div><div><br></div><div>Manandeep Singh (2nd Top Indian Scorer): Played in the BC Roy Trophy (U19) and never played in the Santosh Trophy. Discovered at Pailan Arrows and bursted with Air India.</div><div><br></div><div>Sunil Chhetri (India legend): Discovered at his school team. Played in the Santosh Trophy but that was after being discovered by Mohun Bagan.</div><div><br></div><div>Jeje Lalpekhlua (Future of India?): Played in the BC Roy Trophy (U19) and never played in the Santosh Trophy. Discovered there and played club football in Mizoram.</div>
    rudra wrote:
    <br><div><br></div><div>thirdly, I ask that is the only sin of Santosh Trophy is to spend 1 crore or are there other ways it is pushing our football backwards?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Is this the platform for players to prove themselves to get i-league contracts???</div><div>sadly for most of them it is a platform for them to get a job in some PSU and hardly for them to make a professional career in football</div><div>so is it really worth a tournament from which most wont be making their entry to i-league???</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    EXAMPLES:<br><br><div>CS Sabeeth (Top Indian scorer in the I-League): Played in the BC Roy Trophy (U19) for Tamil Nadu and <b>never played in the Santosh Trophy</b>. He got discovered while playing club football with Nilgiri Police and then State Bank of India. </div><div><br></div><div>Manandeep Singh (2nd Top Indian Scorer): Played in the BC Roy Trophy (U19) and never played in the Santosh Trophy. Discovered at Pailan Arrows and bursted with Air India.</div><div><br></div><div>Sunil Chhetri (India legend): Discovered at his school team. Played in the Santosh Trophy but that was after being discovered by Mohun Bagan.</div><div><br></div><div>Jeje Lalpekhlua (Future of India?): Played in the BC Roy Trophy (U19) and never played in the Santosh Trophy. Discovered there and played club football in Mizoram.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>What about the players who dont make it at u19 stage? What sud they do?</div>
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    EXAMPLES:<br><br><div>CS Sabeeth (Top Indian scorer in the I-League): Played in the BC Roy Trophy (U19) for Tamil Nadu and <b>never played in the Santosh Trophy</b>. He got discovered while playing club football with Nilgiri Police and then State Bank of India. </div><div><br></div><div>Manandeep Singh (2nd Top Indian Scorer): Played in the BC Roy Trophy (U19) and never played in the Santosh Trophy. Discovered at Pailan Arrows and bursted with Air India.</div><div><br></div><div>Sunil Chhetri (India legend): Discovered at his school team. Played in the Santosh Trophy but that was after being discovered by Mohun Bagan.</div><div><br></div><div>Jeje Lalpekhlua (Future of India?): Played in the BC Roy Trophy (U19) and never played in the Santosh Trophy. Discovered there and played club football in Mizoram.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>What about the players who dont make it at u19 stage? What sud they do?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>They can still play in local leagues of their state of neighbouring state....and could get noticed by some top clubs...</div><div><br></div><div>if assam league players can make it to i-league team (due to its visibilty in this region) then why cant them try over the smaller league??</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>Is this the platform for players to prove themselves to get i-league contracts???</div><div>sadly for most of them it is a platform for them to get a job in some PSU and hardly for them to make a professional career in football</div><div>so is it really worth a tournament from which most wont be making their entry to i-league???</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I league entry sud not be the only criteris....even getting into PSU is important...the important thing is that the young footballers and there family realise that playing football can earn u money...if not i league then u can still get into PSUs etc</div>