The Great Indian Football Debates

Comments

• Listen, life is tough. If they cant make through the u16 and u19 cups and nothing is left than sorry but life and football can not be easy. We all know that and I think you guys are expecting so much of the national federation.<div><br></div><div>And in response to the youth football in I-League. Do you really think that all 14 owners would agree to make a good youth football team for 1 month. That is the biggest waste of money ever.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    rudra wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    <br><div><br></div><div>thirdly, I ask that is the only sin of Santosh Trophy is to spend 1 crore or are there other ways it is pushing our football backwards?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Is this the platform for players to prove themselves to get i-league contracts???</div><div>sadly for most of them it is a platform for them to get a job in some PSU and hardly for them to make a professional career in football</div><div>so is it really worth a tournament from which most wont be making their entry to i-league???</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I league entry sud not be the only criteris....even getting into PSU is important...the important thing is that the young footballers and there family realise that playing football can earn u money...if not i league then u can still get into PSUs etc</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>But the topic we are discussing here is ...is this trophy helping indian football??</div><div><br></div><div>if players prefer PSU's then will it be helping indian football</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@Rudra just so you know. Me and Shankar are not saying get rid of it permanently. Just for maybe 5-10 years when we have enough funds.</font>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    <br><div><br></div><div>thirdly, I ask that is the only sin of Santosh Trophy is to spend 1 crore or are there other ways it is pushing our football backwards?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Is this the platform for players to prove themselves to get i-league contracts???</div><div>sadly for most of them it is a platform for them to get a job in some PSU and hardly for them to make a professional career in football</div><div>so is it really worth a tournament from which most wont be making their entry to i-league???</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I league entry sud not be the only criteris....even getting into PSU is important...the important thing is that the young footballers and there family realise that playing football can earn u money...if not i league then u can still get into PSUs etc</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>But the topic we are discussing here is ...is this trophy helping indian football??</div><div><br></div><div>if players prefer PSU's then will it be helping indian football</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>No we are discussing if that is putting Indian football backwards...</div><div>If players dont get into PSUs than the job oppurtunities become less and then the families wud discourage them even more...so the pool of players will always be less</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@Rudra just so you know. Me and Shankar are not saying get rid of it permanently. Just for maybe 5-10 years when we have enough funds.</font>

<br><div><br></div><div>I am addressing the debate topic here</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    And its not that Santosh Trophy players are not scouted -<div>Rollingson Hungyo is one such player...</div><div><br></div><div>Secondly many players who are in a club but didnt get much chance due to injury or off form, they have a chance in re-inventing themselves.... </div>
  • Oh boo hoo. "The parents will be mad at there football failure of a child" "The poor will not have a team"<div><br></div><div>WE ARE A CHARITY A CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE THE NATIONAL FEDERATION FOR ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL IN INDIA!</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Listen, life is tough. If they cant make through the u16 and u19 cups and nothing is left than sorry but life and football can not be easy. We all know that and I think you guys are expecting so much of the national federation.<div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">.</span></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Please tell that to Prakash Thorat and Anil Kumar</div>
  • rudra wrote:
    <div>Secondly many players who are in a club but didnt get much chance due to injury or off form, they have a chance in re-inventing themselves.... </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Hello Calcutta Football League, Mumbai Football League, Goa Professional League, Mizoram Football League, Assam Football League, Sikkim Football League, Shillong Premier League etc</div>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    rudra wrote:
    And its not that Santosh Trophy players are not scouted -<div>Rollingson Hungyo is one such player...</div><div><br></div><div>Secondly many players who are in a club but didnt get much chance due to injury or off form, they have a chance in re-inventing themselves.... </div>
    I want to come in. Last yr branco cardoza or anupam sarkar managed better deals for their performance in santosh trophy. They hardly got noticed previously