NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    @<;span class="Author"><a href="http://indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/profile/2468/Arsenalkid700">Arsenalkid700</a><br>dude you say as if india is playing non stop international friendlies through out the year<br></span> :(
  • Mate this is football. Not cricket or field hockey where the main show is International matches. Football is a club sport or more of a club sport than international sport.<div><br></div><div>Right now the AIFF should be focusing on hosting a better I-League and communicating with the league instead of hosting yet another cup where the prize money is low. We already played 15 International matches during the 2011-12 season and 7 friendlies.</div><div><br></div><div>What we need are more matches during the FIFA Match Days not another short 10 day tournament which will fatigue the players and cause more unrest between club and federation (as if there is not much animosity already there).</div><div><br></div><div>Right now for 2012 we have 12 FIFA Match Days open for the rest of 2012. We can have 6 FIFA Match Day matches in that time. There are teams available. </div><div><br></div><div>15 August</div><div>7-11 September</div><div>12-16 October</div><div>14 November</div><div><br></div>
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    i dont agree with you that club football is bigger than country football,just because many clubs are more popular than any country teams that does not mean club football is better.Country always will be put first<br><br>yes i agree with you that aiff should make indian club football better but that does not mean cancel out friendlies.<br>If we dont play friendlies there is no chance of us improving....<br>
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    Mate this is football. Not cricket or field hockey where the main show is International matches. Football is a club sport or more of a club sport than international sport.<div><br></div><div>Right now the AIFF should be focusing on hosting a better I-League and communicating with the league instead of hosting yet another cup where the prize money is low. We already played 15 International matches during the 2011-12 season and 7 friendlies.</div><div><br></div><div>What we need are more matches during the FIFA Match Days not another short 10 day tournament which will fatigue the players and cause more unrest between club and federation (as if there is not much animosity already there).</div><div><br></div><div>Right now for 2012 we have 12 FIFA Match Days open for the rest of 2012. We can have 6 FIFA Match Day matches in that time. There are teams available. </div><div><br></div><div>15 August</div><div>7-11 September</div><div>12-16 October</div><div>14 November</div><div><br></div>

<br><br>no matter how strong the i-league becomes,as long as india dont perform at international level the people will still consider indian football shit. the ground reality in india is very much different compared to the states... national pride is what most of the people in india care about not club pride (except mb,eb)..... and yes INDIA SHOULD UTILIZE EVERY FIFA MATCHDAY <br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">What are you talking about. What you just said about national pride in India is the exact same in the United States. For example when the New England Revolution play a match at home they will only get a small 13,000 a game with a very uninterested crowd yet when the United States play in that very same stadium the crowd goes up to 40,000-60,000 and maybe 65,000-70,000 if the opposition is Brazil or Spain. Trust me, when the USA plays then all the MLS Haters (Euro lovers) come out of that Euro shell and support there country. Heck during the World Cup people who dont like Soccer at all come out to support.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And how can we use the match days if we keep up playing in random 10 day tournaments. The clubs will get pissed at losing there players when technically they dont have to give them to the federation. The end of August should be a time when the players are working with there club getting ready for the Federation Cup and challenging for a spot in there starting 11. Specially sense we can already assume that the squad will be a mix u22/Savio team, those players should be challenging against the big boys.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If AIFF wants they can contact federations and schedule matches on the FIFA Match Days. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Nigeria is free for all 6 FIFA Match Breaks. Thailand as well. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">You want to play big clubs then play them then. Dont schedule another 10-day tournament, we already have the AFC Challenge Cup, AFC Challenge Cup Qualifiers and SAFF Cup for that.</font></div>
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    Ashlesh wrote: »
    Mate this is football. Not cricket or field hockey where the main show is International matches. Football is a club sport or more of a club sport than international sport.<div><br></div><div>Right now the AIFF should be focusing on hosting a better I-League and communicating with the league instead of hosting yet another cup where the prize money is low. We already played 15 International matches during the 2011-12 season and 7 friendlies.</div><div><br></div><div>What we need are more matches during the FIFA Match Days not another short 10 day tournament which will fatigue the players and cause more unrest between club and federation (as if there is not much animosity already there).</div><div><br></div><div>Right now for 2012 we have 12 FIFA Match Days open for the rest of 2012. We can have 6 FIFA Match Day matches in that time. There are teams available. </div><div><br></div><div>15 August</div><div>7-11 September</div><div>12-16 October</div><div>14 November</div><div><br></div>

<br><br>no matter how strong the i-league becomes,as long as india dont perform at international level the people will still consider indian football shit. the ground reality in india is very much different compared to the states... national pride is what most of the people in india care about not club pride (except mb,eb)..... and yes INDIA SHOULD UTILIZE EVERY FIFA MATCHDAY <br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Disagree club football is more important  we in Goa dont watch international matches more but we like to speak about our clubs </div>

<br><br>it is sad that people like you <b>DONT WATCH INTERNATIONAL GAMES</b>... on the contrary i take great pride in watching india's matches no matter who the opposition is. i wont miss college for club matches but definitely for india's games. <br>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    For me both club football and national team has equal importance..... with out a strong domestic league you cant have a strong national team. without a strong nt no one shall watch a domestic league however strong it is....
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    wats the source?<br><br>
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    So the worst possible would be India,Syria,Qatar,Malaysia and Afghanistan<br>That would still mean a much better Nehru cup than most times.<br>