NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    Wangsa wrote: »
    <p>@Mr Shah...Afghanistan team was far better than any south asian country including India in SAFF cup. Thats the reason i guess they have been invited.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

<br>And this time they must be beaten properly by a new look Indian team so that Afghan fans can stop cribbing over the SAFF finals :)<br>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Mark my words Afghanistan will b dark horses .dey were a treat to watch at SAFF..lets see in d end who makes it to d nehru cup..
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Afghan against SAFF teams in okay but Afghan against real opponents is different.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I predict a last place finish for them.</font></div>
  • Ya I am watching (or starting to watch) the Afghan games in full from the SAFF Cup. There on youtube (the full matches). There is no style to the way Afghanistan play. They just pass the ball, run, and pass again. The only thing they have is speed and that is only in midfield. They are a long way off India.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    They are a good side..with some more exposure then can be good. im surprised a team like philippines wasn't invited..u prob would have sold rights there too and they are a very good side as they showed in challenge cup.<div><br></div><div><br></div>
    Ya I am watching (or starting to watch) the Afghan games in full from the SAFF Cup. There on youtube (the full matches). There is no style to the way Afghanistan play. They just pass the ball, run, and pass again. The only thing they have is speed and that is only in midfield. They are a long way off India.

<br><br>i dont think India Played much better in the SAFF cup.<br>
    Shah476 wrote: »
    They are a good side..with some more exposure then can be good. im surprised a team like philippines wasn't invited..u prob would have sold rights there too and they are a very good side as they showed in challenge cup.<div><br></div><div><br></div>

<br><br>yes, u have a very valid point..y not invite the philipines...would have been good revenge match time for india..i think AIFF felt that getting both phillipines n afghanistan to play will lower the prestige/reputation of the cup due to the lower rankings...<br>
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    silicon3 wrote: »
    Ya I am watching (or starting to watch) the Afghan games in full from the SAFF Cup. There on youtube (the full matches). There is no style to the way Afghanistan play. They just pass the ball, run, and pass again. The only thing they have is speed and that is only in midfield. They are a long way off India.

<br><br>agreed with that...india under savio were not that great and at time rode their luck rightly so and eventually paid off.<br>
  • silicon3 wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Yes but was that the top India team. That was not even close. We even had Savio still as coach.</div>
  • AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    silicon3 wrote: »
    Shah476 wrote: »

<br><br>yes, u have a very valid point..y not invite the philipines...would have been good revenge match time for india..i think AIFF felt that getting both phillipines n afghanistan to play will lower the prestige/reputation of the cup due to the lower rankings...<br>

<br>Philippines is ranked 149 while India is 164. <br>