NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Before d slide we were hovering at 150..
  • silicon3 wrote: »
    Before d slide we were hovering at 150..
    <div><br></div><div>And India were 130 in 2011 and now we are 164. YAY!</div>
  • AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    I just remember that before SAFF Philippines were ranked 2 above India. Dont remember the exact rank.<br>
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    2years ago the philippines were 20 odd places below pkn and almost 35/40 below india... they have had quick turnaround...
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    the turnaround of phillipines was mainly due to <b>allowance of filipino origin players to represent their country</b> by their govt., their half of the team is foreign based players who are of filipino origin, sadly <b>indian govt does not allow PIO</b> to represent india in any sport...... even pakistan has 8 pakistani origin players in their ranks.... i can only imagine how indian squad would have looked with the likes of micheal chopra and others joining us..... :-(<br>
  • the turnaround of phillipines was mainly due to <b>allowance of filipino origin players to represent their country</b> by their govt., their half of the team is foreign based players who are of filipino origin, sadly <b>indian govt does not allow PIO</b> to represent india in any sport...... even pakistan has 8 pakistani origin players in their ranks.... i can only imagine how indian squad would have looked with the likes of micheal chopra and others joining us..... :-(<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>It would have been great for SAFF but I am confident that soon that wont be needed. </div>
    Forget about pio players donning India colors..will not happen..let our youth talent n youth set up stabilise ...v will definitely improve in d coming years...no point crying abt pio players
    Forget about pio players donning India colors..will not happen..let our youth talent n youth set up stabilise ...v will definitely improve in d coming years...no point crying abt pio players

<br><div><br></div><div>Thats still yet to be determined though. I am still suspect about the u14 Academies. Where will they go after?</div><div><br></div><div>We need to set up a 6-month long I-League U20 league (in which you can have 2-3 over-23 players) and a proper u16 league which involves clubs and Academies from all over India and not just I-League.</div>
    Rohan no way will govt of India will allow pio players anytime soon....it will really require d whole country have a national debate n a long long campaign to even start thinking bt it...
    Rohan no way will govt of India will allow pio players anytime soon....it will really require d whole country have a national debate n a long long campaign to even start thinking bt it...

<br><div><br></div><div>I am not talking about PIO. I am talking about youth football within India. How can we hope for success of the u14 Academies when we dont even have proper youth development at club level?</div>