• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    akoi is headhunter :P
    munna219777
  • @ArsenalFan700 those successes were due to
    the momentum created by 2011 Asia Cup. 

munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    if he is head hunter then I don't need him here
  • By the way who are the possible contenders for coach after Wim? Any chance of Savio leaving too along with Wim?
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Why can't we just stop hiring Dutch staff and technical team? Netherlands hasn't produced a decent young talent in the last five years. Some one who has worked with the German System or the Belgian system. Bundes Liga and Pro league has been churning out players like crazy over the few years.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    @naujawan Dutch system not producing youth talents?? all the youth players who helped dutch team t finish 3rd in WC are from dutch league..

the problem is not with the system but with the idea that one system works perfectly in every place... you may need to understand the grassroot problem and flex the dutch idea to solve our issues.... even if they had started a couple years back we cant see the results at least in next 3-4 years... in 2017 WC we may see a glimpse on whether we are on right path but i still feel it would be 2021 u-17 team or later team which could have some real potential to lead us to at least among the elites of ASIA
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    @shankar

They got there because of their last batch of players. Robben, snjeider, van persie, de jong etc.

Apart from Strootman I don't see any one as a potential star under 25.

Germany on the other hand Gotze, Schurrle,Kroos, Muller,Draxler all under 25.

Same incase of Belgium, plenty of potential stars under 25.

I understand problems are different and needs to be addressed individually, but if I had to pick, I would pick from a system that has been producing players of late.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    the entire defense of Dutch apart from vlaar are youths coming of youth ranks i believe then the cm is also having a couple of young players...

and in europe the one country doent produce only local players... if you look at the dutch league every player sold is been replaced by player close to his ability that is because of their pipeline in youth set up which attracts lot of youth talents across europe..

Deb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    You are only looking at the last Dutch squad... just look at the guys coming out of the Dutch league (foreign and domestic) and the youth squads who are decent.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    I dont think changing style of playing or getting coach from Belgium/ Germany will change India's fortune. 

Problem lies deep down in the system. Poor scouting, lack of grounds, lack of good coaches and list is endless at grassroots level. We do have few academies developing players but we dont have a platform once they reach 17-21 age, you can see most of the players warming in bench. 

Then at senior level domestic system is totally flawed, it was okay 3 years ago which we should have built on, but sadly going backwards with ISL. Domestic season should run throughout the year(10 months minimum) so that clubs can invest and develop players making the NT coach's job easier.
    ArsenalFan700Deb_Banmunna219777archak